“THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Needles

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Americas Best Value Inn - Needles
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Las Vegas, Nevada
“THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

GOOD: The rooms are spacious and clean, including the microwave and small fridge. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The location provides easy access to interstate and local roads - local supermarket is just down the road and a variety of dining choices are nearby.

BAD: Carpets are worn, tub needs resurfacing, shower head is positioned for people under 5' tall, and a serious facelift is needed overall. The property claims a 4 star rating but its accommodations and lack of nearly all 4 star amenities indicate a lower rating is accurate.

UGLY: It's hard to get someone to the front desk - even during most business hours. The "Hospitality Room" is limited to coffee in the morning, a few drinks, and an ice machine. Wifi is only available about 30% of the time, and the walls are thin enough to hear people talking. If you expect to find a clock in your room - don't - bring your own. My remotes for the TV and A/C didn't work and my TV turned on automatically at 7:40 am.

Room Tip: Avoid the noise of being near the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Lets see how should I start?
Dirty stained towels on bathroom floor
many broken items: no light bulb in one lamp, empty soap container in shower,
chairs about to fall apart, door didnt fit frame so cold air came in, bathtub and sink stained
and chipped, AC/Heat inaccessible without standing on rickety chair, AC/heat VERY VERY noisy,
SO noisy we turned it off despite it being 40F outside!

So called "Free breakfast" was nothing more than brown liquid which I think was coffee, 2 green bananas,and the cheapest, preservative filled, plastic wrapped, danishes you can find.

Location also very bad: right next to freeway onramp-can hear semi air brakes all night long.
I will never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank elwoodp

Travellers are raving about these Needles hotels

2love2hike
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

It had been raining and was late when we stopped. Zack the night guy was worth the price because of his great attitude and friendly personality. The room is typical roadside motel but very clean. I hate short round bowl toilets but its not the Four Seasons. The shower isnt made for the average height man but pettite women will be happy. The tub nothing you would want to put your flesh against. I hate polyester motel bed spreads but the sheets are decent. One bed soft the other firm. Zack says all rooms have 2 queens so no one gets confused. Hope his dog recovers from the diaper cream.

• Stayed December 2012
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I've really enjoyed my stay at this motel. I've had to travel across the US twice this past year and this motel seems to be the cleanest and friendliest yet. The layout of the room is just right for reading, using computer and eating. The staff seem to always take care of any issues right away and with a smile. No attitude issue here. The pool is like bathwater even now in the fall weather. Needles has 2 great family restaurants, Juicy's Cafe, and Wagon Wheel. Which both have wonderful trinkets of Route 66 which goes thru Needles. Wagon Wheel is the best restaurant for a "real" western style yet very clean experience.

Room Tip: I found the 2nd floor to be the best layout and more peaceful. Even if I have to climb the stairs bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here one night on he way to anoter location. Manager was really friendly. There is a pool which is nice as the temperature was extremely high. Spacious clean room with airco. Don't count on the breakfast, it is not much.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
ABVI-Hospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Needles, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiance with us about your stay. I am so happy to hear about how you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Sonora, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Got there in the middle of the night so were regulated to the top floor...ugh, had to drag the suitcases all the way up. Very clean, good bed, updated enough to keep me happy but a few maintenance issues here and there. They don't allow you to adjust the a/c so had to stand on the chair to get it good and cold because it was a hot night. Breakfast cuts off at 9 and I wasn't up...but was just rolls and stuff like that. Manager is a bit brisk but polite. Don't care, didn't hire him for best friend. On way back, we got bottom floor...so much better but unfortunately sink stopped quit working and it wouldn't drain. Had trouble with the door "key" which is not intuitive...oh well. Lost power at 6 am to 7 but not the motel's fault. So-so not bad...but cheap...$44 for double.

Room Tip: Get there early for bottom floor!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I appologize for the inconvieniance of the A/C location. We recently replaced many of our units with easy to operate remote control units, and will continue to make these changes until all units are done. I want to thank you for sharing your experiance, your comments have helped us further improve our service.
Please feel free to cotact us prior to your next trip, I will see about that bottom floor room for you.
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

After 10 hours of driving I arrived at the America's Best Value Inn, Needles,CA. I arrived just after a storm and the power was out at the hotel and most of the town. The manager met me by candle light and informed me that I was past the cancellation time and that he did not consider "acts of god" to be worthy of a refund. It is 102 degrees, just after a storm, the hotel has no power, no air conditioning and he could not provide me with my own room key. It wasn't hell, but you could see it from there.

I figured the power would be on shortly so I decided to stay rather than drive back to Kingman. I made it until midnight, drenched in sweat I took a shower, packed up my belongings and drove back to Kingman (1 hour) to stay at an air conditioned Motel 6 with lights.

I never received a receipt, no power to print one. The next day he must of got power back because my card was charged $49.50. I won't Shay here again simply on principal. To me the owner/manager took advantage of travelers in an isolated place in the desert. Like my title says...Think about it...

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
DilipManager, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Needles, responded to this review, 8 September 2012
Dear Customer. We have no problem to refund your money, but you reserved your room through third party travelocity.com. You have to call them and cancel with them. If you reserve a room direct to us, than we can cancel here. I think we had a miscommunication. Next time to avoid all these problems, please reserve a room through our website www.americasbestvalueinn.com. or call us at 760-326-4501. We respect our customers and we try our best to make everyone happy.