“Better than expected :)”

Americas Best Value Inn - Needles
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Last weekend was my first time staying at ABVI. I gotta say I really liked it. I will stay here from now on when I need a room. Clean, larger rooms then other places, cold AC, quiet, and VERY reasonably priced. I'm glad I tried it :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay in the motel. Here strictly for school, the service was complementary, and always willing to make my stay more comfortable. David, the manager of the inn was helpful with what ever I needed.
-free breakfast/coffee
-pool
-BBQ
-wash/drier
-conveniently located

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Koldon S
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

It looks better on the enternet by far. Rooms had two tv's one worked both were on the night stand. Bbq looked like it was going to blow up at anytime.Our toilet backed up and the room next to us. And the shower tales five min after your done to drain.Pay a lil stay somewhere else

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 5hartwell
DilipManager, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Guest,
I am really apologize for your uncomfortable stay in our property. You show two TVs because my technician had installed a new flat tv in that room and old TV was attached to security metal plat so he needed more time to remove that old TV. That day, we were fully booked and I didn't have any extra room to replace. I am really sorry. We will make sure not to repeat this kind of mistake again. We will make sure all rooms are clean before rent to customers.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I needed to find a place for the night during a road trip to Arizona and pulled off the highway when I saw the motel sign. The price was pretty good and you get what you pay for. My room was small but clean. It was on the second floor and the carpet on the balcony was very worn with a lot of rips and tears. Also the floors are very uneven. Be careful if you're on the second floor, especially at night. My room was non-smoking but at the top of the stairs there is an ashtray and there was a guy chain smoking there all night. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat. I did not sleep well here.

The security lock on the inside of my door was missing and I jammed a chair against it for the night. There was a refrigerator in the room but no coffee maker. The tv was pretty old, but there was an HBO schedule, so I settled in to watch a movie. HBO was not one of the channels offered however, at least in my room. The wi-fi here was very strong though and that is a positive thing. The air conditioner was mounted high on a wall and there was no way a short person like me could reach the controls. A sign on the door asked guests to turn off the air conditioner when they checked out but I would have needed a step ladder.

There is almost nothing else off this exit but if you get back on the highway and go one more exit west there are a few restaurants. Breakfast in the morning consisted of the worst coffee I have ever tasted, packets of instant oatmeal,a few bananas, and loaves of bread. There was a toaster and a refrigerator with milk, orange juice and margarine. (I guess there was some real butter at one point because I saw a wrapper in the garbage). I didn't have much chance to interact with the staff but they seemed friendly enough.

I think that the next time I am in Needles I will try one of the other motels an exit away.

Pros- good value, pool, strong wifi, friendly staff
Cons- motel is in disrepair, beds uncomfortable, no restaurants close by, smoking on balcony outside non-smoking rooms

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth stop on my Historic Route 66 tour to Santa Monica. The staff was very friendly, the electricity went out and they handed out candles. The rooms were clean, they had fridges too. Also it was a Historic Route 66 motel you see the Route 66 in the street all through the town. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The rooms are what you would expect with any hotel but at a great price. Every amenity of more expensive hotels is provided here but at half the price. I booked my room a day earlier than I intended but the management honored my reservation the next night. Very kind of them.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We needed a place to stop over on our way from LA to Grand Canyon. It provided very good motel accommodation and it was excellent value ($49) . Check in was quick and easy, the beds are comfy. Big bedroom with sink in the room and separate, basic bathroom. There is a TV, fridge and microwave in the room.

It was hard to find that place, it is out of town and you will need a car to get to anywhere for food etc.

I didn't have time to see, let alone use the pool, so I can't comment on it.

The Air con is very loud, even on the low setting. Other than that, I have no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple