“Great Hospitality”

Americas Best Value Inn - Needles
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I stopped here on a cross country trip to Virginia. I found both management and staff to be friendly and helpful. This was my second stay at this facility and I saw many visible improvements to the grounds and rooms. New pool furniture and paint in the rooms and general sprucing up of the grounds.Very nice breakfast room with plenty of danish and coffee to fuel the traveler. I cannot speak highly enough of the desk staff (David and Dilip) they went out of there way to make sure I got what I asked for without missing a beat. It is clear that they value customer satisfaction above all else. I would recommend this hotel to friends and anyone else leaving the LA Basin by way of highway 40. Its a perfect stopping off place if you are traveling to the southwest for scenic wonders such as the Grand Canyon, Zion, and canyon lands of Utah.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 May 2010

We spent two separate nights at this motel during the past two and a half weeks. We first spent one night there on May 15th while on the way to our vacation destination. The room was clean, and the office staff was friendly. We received a good rate ($36) with our senior discount, and our only disappointment was the breakfast. There was not much there, and what was, was definitely not fresh. Yuck! We left and went to Denny's.

Having liked the room rate and friendly staff, we booked a room there again a few days later for our trip home. Our second experience, on May 29th, was not good at all. Yes, the room was clean, and the desk clerk/manager greeted us effusively when we arrived, thanking us for returning. We had booked online and received an e-mail confirmation for a room at the same rate, but were unable to print it out, not having a printer with us. The desk clerk informed us that we were getting "the last room," even though we had booked it five days ahead, and said that his boss had instructed him to charge us $80 for the room. I said, "pardon?" thinking I had misheard. I looked at my husband, who just shrugged, since I had made the reservation. The clerk said, "I gave you a great rate last time [no, the AMBI website did!]. You are getting our last room. I can give it to you for $70. It's up to you if you don't want it."

Well, it was a holiday weekend, so what could we do? We paid it. We tried the "breakfast" the next morning, but again decided Denny's would be preferable. We would not stay here again at any price.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2010

We used this hotel as a stop-over enroute to Palm Springs. Located at the intersection of US95 and I-40, it was very easy to find. The manager was friendly, and offered a Domino Pizza flyer for a $4.99 large pizza. Domino, too, was conveniently located on the other side of I-40 in a shopping center that also had a supermarket.

The room with 2 queen beds was Spartan, but adequate. My spouse's only complaint was that the room did not have a hair-dryer. It did have DirectTV. Light sleepers should be aware that US95 and I-40 are major truck routes. We could hear the trucks rumbling as they decelerated to turn onto either road. The room sound-proofing is ok, but you can hear those trucks.

The complimentary breakfast is a self-service refrigerator, microwave and toaster. There are English muffins; bagels with cream cheese; instant oatmeal; orange drink; and hot coffee.

For those needing to do laundry, there was also a coin-operated washer and dryer on the complex.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2010

Only spent $45 for a clean, big room. Had a rollaway included in that price. Had breakfast of toast, bagels, juice, coffee & milk. Nothing fancy, but fed the 5 of us fine. The beds were a little hard, but for an inexpensive hotel stop for one night, it was fine. Free wi-fi a bonus. Rooms are big and include a microwave & small fridge. No major noise to disrupt our sleep. Definitely recommend if you don't want to spend too much.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank CAorange
Reviewed 25 January 2010

Terrific, friendly reception
good, clean room
working failities
reliable Internet
use the fan to block out the noise of the highway, and ask for a stopper if you want to take a bath rather than a shower.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the ABVI in Needles, CA. The manager David was the nicest person who we've encountered on the road yet. My boyfriend contracted bad food poisoning the night we arrived and had to go the emergency room. David and his staff were quick to help us get to the hospital and checked on us frequently for the rest of our 2 day stay. We can't thank David and his staff enough for their kindness and hospitality. We will definitely be staying in America's Best Value Inn again, and would recommend it to any weary traveler.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2009

I have stayed at many hotels near this location, but this property is the best in the region - it is right off the freeway, the staff is friendly and extremely helpful and the rooms are wonderful. I don't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business