“you get what you pay for”
Review of Motel 6 Needles

Motel 6 Needles
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Needles
nyc
“you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

large and clean rooms. pool and laundry
fuel and food nearby

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank andrelidaria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Checked in to Motel 6 in Needles on 3/28/2012. I saw a strange brown bug like a miniature cockroach crawling around on the desk in the motel room I had just rented. I mashed it with paper, but it kept reviving, this bug was hard to kill. I did a Google search for bed bugs, and found a picture that looked exactly like this bug in front of me in the motel room. The attendant refunded my money, and said the motel had been treated for bed bugs a couple of weeks ago. I am glad I saw it before crawling into bed with bed bugs. Travelers beware of bed bugs.

Room Tip: Ask have they received training to identify bed bugs, and ask upfront to disclosure if they have had...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Richard S

Travellers are raving about these Needles hotels

Southrn California
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Late start to a road trip found me in Needles, in the wee-small-hours, The exit I took offered a few Mom & Pop motels, but only one with a vacancy sign lit. The room was filthy, the towels stained, and the mattress showed signs of the dreaded you-know-whats. I high-tailed it back to the office, finally received a refund after promising to call the health department the next day, then jumped back on the freeway, and discovered that I'd stopped one exit too soon...there was that lovely Motel 6 sign...I felt like a pilgrim catching my first glimpse of Mecca! Perspective is a funny thing - I'm still not sure if Needles boasts the nicest, cleanest, friendliest Motel 6 on the planet, or if it just felt that way in comparison to the dump I'd just escaped, but that was my initial impression. Taking a better look around before leaving the next morning confirmed my earlier assessment, and gave me a new appreciation of the basics (the REALLY important stuff!) done well. SO glad they left the light on for me!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JudyTheGypsy
Randolph, mA
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Stopped here on a cross-country trip from LA to Boston. A decent economy hotel, clean rooms, TV works fine (I believe they not only have HBO, but also HBO2… Staff could be friendlier (not that they were rude).

Close to I-40, Needles and the Arizona border, but you can’t hear the freeway or the railroad tracks. Bed’s were what you can expect when paying about $45 after taxes, but the room key includes a 10% discount at the local Denny’s. And the hotel is a close 8 minute drive to a very cool Route 66 food stop – Jedro’s Wagon Wheel.

This is a safe no frills motel worth a stop if you need a stop before/after driving across the Mojave Desert.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This Motel 6 was a fairly nice place to stay. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless. There was an air conditioner in the room which is definitely nice considering it was 85 degrees at night in October. There were pretty basic TV channels on an older TV that was bolted to the desk which I found amusing because I have seen similar TV's at Goodwill for about $10. The WiFi signal cost an extra $3 and disconnected fairly often and was on the slow side. The room is a little small compared to other rooms but unless you need room to do some aerobic workouts or something you will have plenty of room. All in all though it was a good place to sleep with comfortable beds. It is definitely a good room for the money. I would recommend this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Atlanta Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The but is that the rooms (or at least the room I got) was particularly small. I started staying in Motel 6s about nine months ago when I started training and showing my German Shepherd. I like Motel 6, because my dog is welcome and I don't feel like I have to grovel. There is a wide range of Motel 6s but the pricing is pretty consistent. About $40 and you get a basic room. I am not expecting much. But back to my but...the room was particularly small. My only really issue with that was that I keep the dog in a cage and it was a bit tight getting her cage into the room, but we succeeded.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kerwin G
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very positive. Desk persons really nice. Clean rooms and even a little touch of colour for the bed spreads. all looked fairly new or in excellent conditions. A really good value.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Red Roof Inn Needles
#3 of 13 in Needles
Imperial 400 Motor Inn
Imperial 400 Motor Inn
#9 of 13 in Needles

Been to Motel 6 Needles? Share your experiences!