“Winter resident”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Needles
Fender's River Road Resort
Saint Clair, Missouri
“Winter resident”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My winter months of business take me to the southwest corridor of the United States. My first year as a resident at Fenders River road resort with my 5th wheel home was exceptional, hosted by a manager who was always involved with my needs as a very functional location, and cleanliness. The property on the Colorado River were it resides is up most excellent scenery and and of great convieniences, along with being located within 1 mile of the I40 interchanges. This jewel of a motel and RV park is going to be my home again in the 2014-2015 winter season and I cant wait to go back. Manager is a hands on every situation always looking out for that great customer needs in the resort park.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Greg G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ogden Ut
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The room that we rented was not clean. Bugs only came out at night but did a hoe down in the middle of the floor. It was over priced. Getting to swim was out of question. Rosie was very nice at first but turned hostile when I mentioned the Bugs. Would never go back. The KOA is just up the road and a lot nicer for the money and family settins

Room Tip: Dont get one there go up the road to several other Motels with pools and less cost
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank JustGoneOgdenUt
Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Travelling Route 66 by car and happened upon the River Road Resort by chance and as it was so inviting looking and seemed (it is!) a genuine Rt 66 item we could not resist having a look and we were happily accomodated in a clean, comfortable room in this nice quiet motel resort. The room has all the conveniences one could want for a short or extended stay, the grounds are attractive and neatly kept and the longer term RV guests were friendly too.
The manager of the property, Rose, was also a friendly and gracious host we enjoyed visiting with.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank hjvanv
On the Road
Reviewed 23 February 2010

This is the first RV park we came to in Needles. Rosie met us at the office. She is friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable. It's a small, cozy park, next to the river. The RV park and the laundry/shower facilties are clean. Hook-ups are easily available. Flowers are blooming already. If we are ever in Needles again, we'll stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathylu519
san bernardino, ca
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Rosie and Tim went out of their way to make sure that our experience was the best. I have been coming to Needles since 1965 with my family and never knew this little jew was out here. We staying here in the motel/hotel and really enjoyed the company of Rosie and Tim. Management knew what they were doing when they brought them on board with this property. We are looking forward to staying again and of course visiting with Rosie and Time. We know there is working going on for improvements and cant wait to see what is done when we get back

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grierdj
UK
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Saw Fenders Website about their Family run Motel that likes to think it is an Inn.

On arriving we had to go find the Ma in her house as the ffice was locked. We were given a room that looked unclean and had an air conditioning unit hanging off the wall. We walked down to the river and there was nothing there.

We returned ten minutes later to the office and were told that there was a no refund policy because the Boss Man in Texas would not allow it.

We put it down to experience and pushed on $60 lighter to Lake Havasu City, which was a great decision because it is a lovely place with loads of great accomodation.

Do not believe their website. I would recommend ou go anywhere else.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Dethorn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Let’s start with the basics this is a “River MOTEL”, so let’s not get our expectations high, let’s accept what it is and if you can do that you will have a great time at this location. We chose it because it had air conditioned rooms for the Grandma’s and some families with small kids, and it also had RV spaces with hook up’s for some other members of our party who travel by RV.

Looking on-line, it was one (if not THE) only place that I could find along the Colorado River that offered such a facility. I liked the sound and look of their website www.fendersriverroadresort.com and so we booked it up. Expecting little, knowing it would be a “River Motel”.

The Good

We had an RV Spot right on the river, the kids could walk down some steps to swim in a little area that was protected from the current by a sandbar.

We rented 2 RV spots so we could be sure that we had plenty of space for the kids to run around and for the 14 of us to picnic and stretch out, as it happened we were the only RV renters that weekend, so we had the whole space to ourselves. This was perfect and it was beautiful. I highly recommend RV spots 13-18 and if you need to book them all, at $40 per night it would be worth it to have that area to yourself.

The hotel rooms were air-conditioned, had mini kitchens, and they were clean. The management was very nice, and they seem to work on an honor system, the office was closed when we checked in, but our rooms were open with the key in them, and the a/c had been turned on for our arrival. We did not even give him any of our information until we checked out on Sunday.

The boat could be launched right from the drive, easy access, and there was a small dock to moor up to at night.

The Bad

This part of the River has a mighty current that picks up in the afternoon, there is no way you can get up on skis in it if you are a beginner, of course boating and jet skiing are fine, but you have to be really careful!!

They use the water for local irrigation, when we were there the water level dropped from about 5:00AM and continued to drop until about 3:00PM, it dropped so much that we could not launch the boat, we ended up having to load it slowly and walk it out (pretty far), but it was risky maneuvering, but better that than to waste our only ski day.

The rooms were apparently bug bombed before we got there, so we did find about a dozen dead cockroaches in the room, but hey, they were dead, and there were no other creep crawlies to be found, like I said this is a River Motel. The air conditioners were LOUD, so bring earplugs, my husband did and slept fine, and I did not and hardly slept. As it was Fathers day weekend, I let him get away with this ; )! The rooms have NO kitchen supplies whatsoever, so you have to bring these yourselves. The motel staff is sometimes there and sometimes not, so you might not be able to get supplies when you need them. I found that $85 per night was a steep for what we got, I felt somewhere around the $45/$50 per night mark would have been more acceptable.

The Crazy

Right off of the river front RV parking spaces, there is a lovely patio/balcony that goes out over the river, it’s a double decker, so you can sun on the top and shade on the bottom. The locals really like to use this, and of course they have to cut across your camp to get there, which would not be so bad, except they were drinking pretty heavily and using really foul language, which was not really what we wanted to expose the children too, however, again, this is the RIVER, these things are to be expected. It is what it is.

This facility has about 30-40 RV spots I think, and only 6 of them are for rent, the rest appear to be permanent, and some of these permanent residents are very very colorful… In the short time that we were there we managed to meet “Christ” (who apparently is a blond girl in her 20’s,who knew?) , and a guy who was looking for his friend Dave that was 41. We joked that we saw a Dave that was 44, and he said “No, that can’t be him I am looking for a Dave that’s 41.” Everyone was harmless and no threat whatsoever, but not people you would want your kids to get in a conversation with either. But, it’s the River… sun and alcohol will get to you!!!

The Synopsis

I would definitely go back to this Motel/RV spot (“resort” is a stretch). Our family had a blast and we absolutely made the most of it, but we would find the fun in any place, so if you are that type of person, then book up now before the masses find out about it. But if you need pristine accommodations, neighbors who kept themselves to themselves, and perfect water, then this part of the River is not for you. I think that next time I would rent an RV, instead of staying in the Motel. I would rent all the 6 spaces, and have about 3 RV’s. That would be the ticket!!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Best Western Colorado River Inn
#3 of 13 in Needles
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Fender's River Road Resort? Share your experiences!