Fender's River Road Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$151
US$146
BestWestern.com
US$53
Red Roof Inn Needles(Needles)(Great Value!)
US$79
Best Motel(Needles)
US$43
US$37
Agoda.com
All reviewsrv parkdouble deckboat launchlaundry roomroute motelmother roadlonger termthe hotel managershort walkone night stayrosiekitchenettesitessuiteiconicrigwheel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Picked this resort because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and also it was recommended in the Route 66 EZ Guide. We arrived in Needles at 10;30 am already 45 degrees outside. Ran into the local McDonald's to cool off and grab a bite to eat. It wasn't anything to cheer about but the AC worked.
Fenders is a diamond in the rough. If you don't like old style accommodations this wont be for you. But if you like genuine people , casual atmosphere, sitting in the river in a chair this is the place for you. It is much more $$$ than what we have paid the rest of our journey but the laid back friendly people make it worth while. Rose the manager was so helpful and all the folks who live here or have their RVS are so happy and friendly. Our neighbor next unit even covered our bike for us so the heat wouldn't damage the seat...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VancouverIslandSamW
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed here many times and always had a great time . The boat launch is a plus but the bbq area river front lawn provides a great camping area for My family and kids to enjoy . The double deck loft is excellent for bbq's or just relaxing or soaking up some sun or use the lower deck like my wife if your more sun sensitive . Most of all its a great place for Jet Ski fun . With or without my family .

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

When traveling Route 66 - I try to support the mom and pop stops as they are what Route 66 was / is all about. I have stayed in Needles on 4 or 5 different occasions and I usually stayed at one of the chain places as it was the 'safe thing to do' as all other smaller motels / hotels just didn't cut it. Then I came across Fender's River Road Resort as I was actually leaving Needles and heading west - this was 2 years ago and I swore I would 'be back' to check it out. I mean, I do not know of any other Route 66 motel with the route as the front door, and the Colorado River as the back.

I stayed two night and now found my new favorite place! The motel is vintage (1950's) and is really clean on the outside. Everything is laid out perfectly with the motel on one side, and many different options for RV's and campers to have the spot of their liking.

My room was a queen bed room and it had a kitchenette with everything you need (I only needed the fridge as it held my beer and water), but it was nice to have the options. There were also BBQ grills, picnic tables and benches to sit outside of your room.

It is located within 5 minutes to several places to eat, drink and get gas - but just off the path enough to be in a nice quiet spot.

Knowing you can rent a watercraft from one of their partner shops - it makes being there for only one day very hard - so I made it two, enjoyed the river and was able to see Arizona, California, and Nevada all on a waverunner!

The manager was great and helpful and was able to direct me to whatever I need - and they even have a little shop to get sunscreen and other water related items (I forgot sunscreen!)

I recommend this place as they are constantly updating it to look like it did back in the late 50's - which I think is great.

I read the other reviews saying how 'terrible' this place was and I have to wonder if these folks even stayed here.......!

I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ed K
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My winter months of business take me to the southwest corridor of the United States. My first year as a resident at Fenders River road resort with my 5th wheel home was exceptional, hosted by a manager who was always involved with my needs as a very functional location, and cleanliness. The property on the Colorado River were it resides is up most excellent scenery and and of great convieniences, along with being located within 1 mile of the I40 interchanges. This jewel of a motel and RV park is going to be my home again in the 2014-2015 winter season and I cant wait to go back. Manager is a hands on every situation always looking out for that great customer needs in the resort park.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The room that we rented was not clean. Bugs only came out at night but did a hoe down in the middle of the floor. It was over priced. Getting to swim was out of question. Rosie was very nice at first but turned hostile when I mentioned the Bugs. Would never go back. The KOA is just up the road and a lot nicer for the money and family settins

Room Tip: Dont get one there go up the road to several other Motels with pools and less cost
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family