“Cheap and cheerful family room in Needles”

Desert Mirage Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Ellenborough, Australia
“Cheap and cheerful family room in Needles”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is a basic motel - as you would expect for $46 a night for a family of four sharing two queen size beds. That is the cheapest we have paid in the US so far.
We were at the section furthest from the road, and there was little road noise. Beds were firm and good quality.
The pillows weren't great - but we all slept well.
All the usual much appreciated facilities for a travelling family: good wifi, fridge and microwave.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hungry_heads

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was an overnight stop on our way through the area and we decided to stay here based on the reviews on this site. What a find - $46.00 for the night and I have stayed in Fairmont Hotels that weren't as nicely furnished as this room was. There were no real amenities (coffee maker, shampoo etc) but at that price who cares!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am sometimes skeptical as some glowing reviews I have read turn out to be less than accurate, but trust me on this one! The outside of the front of this older property is clean and the parking lot is obviously swept and maintained. The room are great! It has been extensively remodeled and I could not believe my luck at getting a room for 30$ - been decades since I payed that price! The staff could not be nicer, and the woman told me to "go to Arizona" for gas as it was much cheaper. And it was much cheaper. Although there is a Karaoke Bar next door, a freeway above, and a train nearby - my ground floor room near the back of the hotel was quiet. I did not like the neighborhood much, though, and felt unsafe walking my dog at night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
El Segundo, California
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped for a night passing through to AZ and will be back. While the building is older the rooms were recently renovated and there were new mattressesthat were quite comfortable. We both slept very well. The room was nice and dark and the AC worked well.

The only complaints are the shower didn't maintain temperature - it kept getting hotter. No big deal. A blanket would have been nice, especially for the person closer to the AC unit (though she gets cold easily, I was fine). Lastly, the dealt on our door didn't work but the standard lock was pretty solid.

It was $44 after tax for 2 people.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert B
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, from,outside looks a little bit old but inside it is different. Huge room, comfortable, big bathroom, parking, small swimming pool (out of order right now). Near the 95 going to the west or east. Good quality for the price.

• Stayed October 2013
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I too am amazed at how some reviewers seem to search for the clever phrase to put down this motel. I stay a lot at Motel 6 because the dog stays free and I know what a budget motel looks like and sleeps like.
This motel is a large step up from that. It is not five starts, but I paid a total of $44 for my dog (just $5 for him), my room, and tax. It was on a Friday and cheaper than the local Motel 6 at that time.

The outside might give you pause, but the rooms were very clean and modern. The carpet looked new and the bathroom was well styled with tile, etc. The furniture was still in good shape thanks to glass tops although the upholstered chairs did show a few faint stains. The king bed was not hard, nor scratchy.

If you want to stay some place inexpensive yet clean with better than average room decor, this is the place. The pool is fine for my needs and the ac was very cold on that 105 degree day.

No smells and no noise. The wifi was free, but slow and dropped out from time to time. The room had a refrig and micro.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelerWithDog
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've seen a lot of negative feedback on this place but honestly its great. Its a "Motel".....in Needles people so don't expect 5 star amenities. It's newly renovated. Clean. Nice decor. Smells clean. Comfortable beds. A/C worked great. They provide soap, a hairdryer, frig and microwave in the room. If your needs are beyond that then bring it or just ask. Nice friendly people who own/run the place. Even at 2:30am which was our arrival time and I clearly woke them up, I still was helped with a smile. My only suggestion to the hotel would be to offer extra blankets in the cabinet. the covers on the beds are pretty much sheets.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 121. Bring a blanket if you are like me and like to be under one no what the weat...