“Spring Training Travel #1”

Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Needles
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel after traveling 9 hours form Northern California on our way to the Phoenix, AZ area to visit family and attend a few baseball spring training games. On this trip we stayed at a total of 3 hotels and we would rate this one as the best value of the three.

This property is probably rated as a 2.5 star hotel but the value is well above that if the location (quick on & off on I-40), purpose (overnight stay while traveling thru the area), room rate ($50.00), cleanliness & service are considered. The check in was quick and the staff very friendly. There was a later call from the front desk to check to be sure all was well with the room; the only hotel we stayed in that did this.

The room was fair sized, very clean, odor free, offered a microwave, refrigerator & TV, a clean comfortable bed & chairs.

This hotel does not offer breakfast but has an arrangement with a walking distance (< half a block) local restaurant for discounts on meals - the same arrangement several other hotels in the area offers. We found this more satisfactory than the standard "free hotel breakfast" of waffles, breads, cold cereal & sometimes hot eggs & sausages.

Check out was simple.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Annji
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

We have a large contingent of spring training repeat stopovers. We are the perfect distance for a short days travel to catch some baseball. Enjoy yourselves and stop and see us on your way home.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Coming off the road from a 530 mile day on motorcycle, we were looking for a place to stay and the Rio Del Sol was on target.
Check in was smooth; price was $75.00 for two queen beds in a clean room.
I like the stylish soap dispenser mounted next to the lavatory basin and the body wash, shampoo and conditioner dispenser mounted in the bathroom. Very convenient way to dispense without bottles, tubes, wrappers... Especially since the city of Needles does not recycle pickup for businesses.
The bed was firm, comfortable and clean.
The staff go the extra-distance to please.
Next door the del Sol is a Mobil gas station that is the opposite of customer service and I'd avoid their "Mechanic on Duty".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jcarpenter53

Thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel. We are happy to provide clean, comfortable rooms for our weary travelers. We work very hard at offering excellent customer service.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I was traveling from AZ to CA, this was a stop over in between my trip. I was traveling with a 2 month old child, a 10 year old, and my grandmother. Therefore, I wanted a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay overnight. This was the place. The linens smell of clean, freshly washed sheets and towels. The bed was firm but comfortable. The hotel room was clean including the bathroom and shower. The first review regarding theft with card almost made me not stay but when I read the owners response I decided to give them a try...so glad I did. Great place to stay for the value. If u r booking from this app do so in advance it takes time for purchase to reflect in the hotels system. I will GLADLY stay here again!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lovelysmith
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Rio del Sol Inn.. We take great pride in our level of cleanliness we provide.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Originally this would have been a good review. I stayed at this hotel (2 rooms) for 1 night in October. It was the second hotel I stayed at during my 9 day trip (which means i stayed in 7 other hotels, with no problems). The rooms were clean and fair-sized. The problem? The next night ( at hotel no.3) my card was declined. Why? Because Rio Del Sol Inn charged an additional $327 on my debit card!!! Guess what that did? It left me stranded for the night. $327!! That's on top of the charge for the rooms themselves. Ive made several calls requesting to speak to the manager. Every single time I've been given the run around, and have yet to hear back from management despite leaving my name and number with several different staff members. This is utterly unacceptable. I'll be letting everyone I ever meet know about this terrible hotel of thieves. As well as anywhere I can leave a review. Its obvious I'll never get my money back. So all I can do is share my story and hopefully prevent it from happening to others. DO NOT STAY IN RIO DEL SOL IN NEEDLES!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank SarahER87
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Sarah,
I think you are omitting a few of the facts. 1.) We had a conversation when I personally called you back. I informed you at that time that these were damage charges because you choose to dye your hair blue 2.) You ruined 3 bath towels, 3 wash cloths and 3 hand towels, along with ruining a shower curtain and staining a tub with blue hair dye. The tub to this day still has a blue tint to it.
3.) At no time during our conversation did you mention being stranded. You were charged according to the signed agreement at check in stating you would be responsible for charges.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Rio del Sol has been a regular stop for us, as we pass through once or twice a year with a dog and cats. The staff is helpful, the pet fee is nominal, the doors open to the outside so you can drive directly to your own door. There's a discount for Juicy's River Cafe, just around the corner, but if you're too tired there's a Jack in the Box right across the parking lot. (We aren't usually fast food fans, but at the end of a long day of driving we're all about convenience.) When we aren't too tired we enjoy using the pool and/or hot tub.

I am thoroughly charmed and reassured as to the staff's dedication to a good experience by this fact: within 10 minutes of getting into the room, someone from the front desk calls to check and make sure the room is all right, and to see if anything is needed. I've stayed on business trips at high-end hotel chains, and rarely seen this level of service.

I have 2 small complaints: (1) the in-room coffee is pitiful. At least it's there, but the quality (is it Farmer Brothers? I can't remember) is almost so low as to make it not worth drinking. (2) Some of the room air conditioners cycle on and off and aren't controllable to get a proper heat level. Ours stayed on all night, providing a comforting background sound, but we were a bit too warm. Those are small complaints.

Yes, I've stayed there, and I'll continue to do so, and recommend Rio del Sol to other travelers to Needles.

Room Tip: If you have a pet or pets, ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Nancy,
Thank you for visiting again. Your review is a welcome insight to the hotel. I will work on that coffee and see if we can get a different brand in here.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

It was a very pleasant stay specially for the prize.
The rooms were comfortable and clean.
We couldn't find a place to eat on walking distance but the pool and barbecue area in the middle was a great place to have our pick nick. O

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you PE for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I was looking for a clean and safe place to stay for one night, and Rio Del Sol Inn was the perfect place! Staff was extremely friendly and the room was surprisingly clean and well-maintained. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a great place to stay in Needles for a great price!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
pcrouch, General Manager at Rio Del Sol Inn Needles, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for noticing our attention to cleanliness. Please make sure to stop by on your way through Needles on Route 66

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Best Western Colorado River Inn
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#6 of 13 in Needles
Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino

Been to Rio Del Sol Inn Needles? Share your experiences!