“Nice friendly hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Needles
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

My husband and I are traveling across country and have stayed at several budget chain hotels from California to Virginia. This hotel was one of the best. Friendly, reasonably priced, and comfortable. We liked the breakfast credit at Juicy's next door, which was also a good place. Highly recommended if in the area.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
pcrouch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank you Kate, We are happy you enjoyed your stay. We work very hard to make each stay top notch!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
SoCal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed here recently on a trip to the river.
I've never stayed in Needles before. Only stopped for gas or DQ and then got the hell outta there.
I wasn't expecting much, but after reading good reviews about this place, I was optimistic!

Stayed two nights at the end of September for around $75 a night.
The room was good size with a small fridge and microwave.
The BEST part is the room was VERY CLEAN and pretty up to date.
NO nasty bedspreads!!
I wish every hotel would get RID of the nasty bedspreads that are never washed!
That is the grossest thing in most hotels!
This hotel is dog friendly which is cool but I'm not traveling with a dog so I would rather have a room that did not have dogs in it before me.
They assured me that everything is thoroughly cleaned after a dog has been in the room.
The room was very clean so it seems like they do a really good job here!

The staff was OK. Not overly friendly but professional.
I would say the location is good... but you are in Needles so really how good is it?!
Good for Needles I guess.
There are two restaurants right nearby. Both are decent too!
Plus a Taco Bell and Carl's Jr.

They include a simple breakfast at the restaurant next door (Juicy's River Cafe).
You have 3 choices of what you can order for free or you can order whatever you like on the menu and take 20% off instead. It's a nice bonus to have a little free breakfast included!

The free popcorn in the lobby was good too!

The pool area looked like it had recently been renovated.
We took a dip for a few minutes one night. No one else was at the pool.
I did notice they have about 15 giant ashtrays all around the pool area.
It must be the smoker's section!!! Kinda gross. I would recommend they get rid of all the nasty ashtrays and make the pool non-smoking like the majority of the place!

My only other complaint is the WI-FI was not working properly when we were there.
I had to sign-in to their system every time I wanted to go online. Some times it would take 4 or 5 tries for it to connect! OMG.. it was annoying because their sign-on and password is way long too!!
Hopefully next time the WI-FI is working better!!

I will definitely be staying here again on our next river trip!
The room and bed are CLEAN and that is the most important thing to me!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The hotel is 2 levels. You will have to carry your bags up the stairs if you want the top floor.
1 Thank westcoastim
pcrouch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We are always trying to improve and we will take your suggestions under consideration. We had to password protect our WIFI so that OUR GUESTS would have enough bandwith. We are working on improving our system.
St Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We chose this as we were travelling from the Grand Canyon to LA and it was a great spot for between the two. The receptionists were extremely helpful, friendly and polite - even apologised for the storm that came in when we had to abandon a swim! The room was clean, plenty big enough and cool. It's by a busy road, but you don't get bothered by the noise. The pool is an absolutely blessing, particularly when, like us, you have kids that are fed up after a day in the car.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the pool area, it is a great way to relax after being on the road all day.
South Amboy, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

This is the Best - Best Western I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at Best Westerns and some are good, some not so much. But, this one was near perfect. Clean, pretty, resort Like in the middle of the desert. The staff was tops. I didn't want to leave. Great pool and spa. I wish that all of the Best Western owners would visit this one to see how to do it right. I would recommend this Inn to everyone traveling in the area. Or for a few days of rest and relaxation. The restaurant right next door (Juicy's) was excellent. You get a complimentary hot breakfast or 20 percent off anything on the menu on Best Western.

I'm writing this review from another hotel and I have to say that The Best Western in Needles, Ca has spoiled me. This place is not nearly as nice and overpriced. Maybe the owner of this hotel should visit the Best Western in the middle of the desert.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the opposite side of the train tracks.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
pcrouch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
My staff and I thank you for your kind words. We try very hard to please all our guests and it is nice to hear we are achieving our goals. Next time you are in the area make sure you stay again.
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed here on Sept. 9 on a cross country journey from San Francisco to Texas. The hotel was clean and quiet, the location convenient to the highway, the beds comfortable. The free wi fi also was a very nice feature. The free breakfast at the cafe next door was just OK but not great, so I'm giving them 4 out of 5. We didn't use the pool or other fitness facilities.
I agree with the reviewer who said that this is not a "destination," but rather an overnight stop. There ain't much of anything in Needles!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
pcrouch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
TexJo,
Thank you for your review.
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Large comfy room with the A/C going when we got there. Good when it's 105 degrees. Comfy bed, very helpful and cute little blond working the frony desk. Nice pool and spa, and all at a good price with the AARP discount. Couldn't ask for more.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
pcrouch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to you staying again.
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is a very nice motel -- clean, well maintained, friendly staff. And it appears to be fairly priced for the market IF you have a reservation. A 2 queen room generally goes for $75-85 plus tax. I stopped there a week ago on the way home from visiting family in Albuquerque. I did not have a reservation. I usually stay at one of the other hotels in town, but thought I'd give this place a try. I was quoted a $125 per night rate (with a AAA discount). I thought it sounded high, but I was tired and didn't want to go to another hotel. I later found that I could have booked the same room for $79 plus tax if I had stopped at a hotspot in town and booked online. That meant I paid almost 60% more than the published rate. I can understand a higher rate for walk-ins, but this is exorbitant!

After responding to a Best Western survey I was contacted by the hotel manager who indicated that I had actually received more than a 15% discount as the rate for the room was $149.95. I am sure I was supposed to feel better about having paid $125 for an $80 room, but I actually felt even more ripped off. So, if you want to stay here, make sure you have a reservation.

I would have given this motel a "very good" rating had it not been for the rate and the manager's response. Two things would have kept me from giving it an "excellent" rating: the use of dispensers for soap and shampoo, and the breakfast. The restaurant next door provides the breakfast for the hotel. You have 3 choices: 1) cold cereal, biscuit and beverage, 2) scrambled eggs with diced ham, biscuit and beverage, or 3) a 20% discount off your choice from the menu. The restaurant is great -- the food is good, and the staff is very friendly. But relative to other hotels at which I have stayed, this does not compare. On this same trip I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Flagstaff and breakfast included eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, fruit, juice, toast, dry cereal, etc. (And the room rate was lower!)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lynne S
pcrouch, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Mrs Globetrotter was refunded an additional 25% in the interest of customer satisfaction. We have been in contact and she has indicated her satisfaction.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Red Roof Inn Needles
Desert Mirage Inn and Suites
Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
Rio Del Sol Inn Needles
#3 of 13 in Needles

Been to BEST WESTERN Colorado River Inn? Share your experiences!