“Best Hotel I've been to!!! FREE Internet!!!”

Best Western Colorado River Inn
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Needles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was stranded w/o my car no place to stay, I didn't have reservations and they were full but still provided me w a room for 4 nights. When I needed assistance carrying my belonging Fernando was always there to help. Front desk-specifically Kate was more than kind to me. Phil the Manager was the most courteous,kind,caring respectful guy I ever met. He always gave me an extra hour if I needed more time to check out and he always made sure I was taken care of. -Marisa K

Room Tip: King sized bed comes with microwave,fridge/freezer and more than plenty of space in the room and bat...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Marissa,
Thank you for the kind review. I am glad we could provide some comfort to you while you were dealing with your car issues. I trust the rest of your trip was uneventful. Make sure you stop and see us next time you are on Route 66.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Colorado River Inn

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We only stayed here one night but found it to be spacious, clean and comfortable. It has a great pool area which we put to great use, and they supply towels if you need. The Lobby was nice and the staff were friendly. We used the coupon for I think it was 20% off breakfast at the Juicy's River Cafe across from the hotel. The wait staff was fantastic. Breakfast was very tasty. My husband and I loved the food there, great quality and quantity. We wish we would have went there for supper the night before.

Room Tip: If you like watching trains, choose one at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guests enjoy having meals right next door at Juicys

Reviewed 28 July 2013

If traveling through Needles I would definitely stay here again. Access to I-40 is simple.With AAA discount and booking ahead the price point was just right. Check-in and check-out were quick and smooth. Our family of 4 fit comfortably in a room with two queen beds. Room was spotless and quiet, beds were comfortable. A microwave, coffee-maker, and fridge were all in the room. The A/C in the room worked flawlessly (trust me, this is important) and the A/C sound wasn't bothersome.

The pool is a real highlight. My kids loved it, and the whole pool area is clean and quite lovely. Pool towels are available at the front desk.

Free breakfast is included at the restaurant next door ("Juicy's"). Two different set options are free with a hotel stay, or you get a 20% discount off of menu options. We weren't wild about the food, but the service was super-friendly and the price was right.

All in all, this was a pleasant surprise in Needles - definitely a major cut above the typical freeway-exit hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

We are happy to supply clean and comfortable rooms for you and your family during your trip. Its great you had the chance to enjoy our cool and refreshing pool. Thank you for your loyalty to Best Western

Reviewed 27 July 2013

In Needles, CA - two great places to consider (and they are right next door to one another) is the Colorado River Inn (Best Western) and Juicy's River Cafe - both on West Broadway. The hotel is clean and spacious with a great pool for the family. And in-room amenities include coffee pot, mini-refrig, and microwave. Juicy's was a wonderful little find. The complementary breakfast for your hotel stay comes from Juicy's but we ordered off the menu and got the 20% discount. We also had dinner there the night before. Both meals were generous in portion and very tasty. The style of the restaurant fits nicely into the theme of Route 66 and the wait staff (both times) were exceptional. We would frequent this cafe if we lived near by. Best omelet I've had. Nothing cookie-cutter about this place. Great for families, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen6224
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you for the kind words regarding the BW Colorado River Inn and Juicys River Café. It is our pleasure to offer both these businesses to our customers.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Pool was refreshing after a long hot day. Room and beds were comfortable for our exhausted family of 5. We had all we needed and room was plenty big for us. Lobby had cigarette odor which was the only unpleasant thing about the experience.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

We are happy you and your family had a great stay and enjoyed our pool area. The hotel is a non smoking facility in the rooms. Occasionally a guest will wander in to the lobby smoking, sorry for this.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was quite comfortable. The pool was a fantastic treat after a day driving. The restaurant next door has fabulous breakfasts. Needles is right at the Arizona border, and this was a good convenient place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

I am happy you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to enjoy our sparkling pool. We are a convenient stop for travelers after a day at the Grand Canyon or the night before heading there. We are located right on Route 66.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We really enjoyed lodging at this best western. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was large and clean. It had a microwave and refrigerator. We got free breakfast at the cafe next door. Besides being 150 degrees outside it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
pcrouch, General Manager at Best Western Colorado River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your travels on Route 66. And yes it is hot in Needles during the summer, not 150 degrees but so far we have reached 125 this summer. Perfect weather for a dip in our cool refreshing pool.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Needles
Red Roof Inn Needles
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 13 in Needles

Been to Best Western Colorado River Inn? Share your experiences!