Deer Creek Inn
Northern Queen Inn(Nevada City)
US$149
US$142
Nevada City Inn(Nevada City)
US$88
US$86
Broad Street Inn(Nevada City)
US$169
US$148
US$143
Holiday Lodge(Grass Valley)
US$108
US$98
Hotels.com
US$202
Gold Miners Inn(Grass Valley)
US$180
US$175
Holbrooke Hotel(Grass Valley)
US$126
Outside Inn(Nevada City)
All reviewsb bprivate entranceother guestsbeautiful victorian housesticky bunsqueen anne stylein townbed and breakfastroom downstairseach eveninggreat cookeach morningglass of winequicheexcellent breakfastvery comfortable roomold victorian
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed overnight at the Deer Creek Inn in Nevada City. Beautiful historic home nestled in old
growth trees, above a creek offered comfort, quiet and gracious hospitality. Our room was nicely furnished, had all amenities and a private bath. We could walk easily to town and services. The breakfast was outstanding. All together a leisurely stay. First rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I ended up at Deer Creek Inn at the suggestion of a friend and was delighted at what I found. The Inn itself is beautiful and intimate. My room was clean and comfortable and had a private deck with a view of the creek. I stayed for two days in September and on both days breakfast was delicious and I left extremely full. The inn is conveniently located a quick stroll from the downtown area. Nevada City itself is a fun, small town destination. There are plenty of great restaurants within walking distance and some cute shops to spend time in. Just like I keep telling all my friends, I would highly suggest Deer Creek Inn for a fun, relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: The Winifred Room has a private balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed at the Deer Creek Inn for three nights in August. Breakfast was served early due to my work schedule each day. Ruth was a great cook and a wonderful hostess. The rooms were beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Nevada City is a cute Mother Lode town with great restaurants within walking distance of the Deer Creek Inn. Wine and appetizers on the porch were a wonderful way to unwind after a work day. I will definitely be back. Thank you Ruth!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The Deer Creek Inn offers an ideal location in the beautiful town of Nevada City, CA... secluded and quiet, yet only a few blocks from shopping and restaurants. The Inn has been lovingly restored and is period decorated, but not fussy or stuffy in any way. The room I stayed in was large and well appointed, and sparkling clean throughout (as was the entire house). Ruth, the innkeeper, was friendly and informative, while providing the highest possible level of hospitality. I was greeted on arrival with a delicious tapenade with crackers, wine was served every late afternoon, and the breakfast... well, the breakfast was SUPERB. Ruth happens to be a talented chef, and she and her staff really know how to prepare meals worth getting out of bed for. I was only sorry I was only in town for two nights. I would rather had spent two weeks there. If you're going to be planning a trip anywhere near Nevada City, the Deer Creek Inn is definitely a top choice!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I recently spent two delightful days at the Inn. Ruth, the innkeeper and a native of Nevada City, is very knowledgeable about the Inn, the town and the adjacent community of Grass Valley. She is also a wonderful cook, and breakfasts were amazing. Since we were the only ones staying at the Inn the second day, Ruth let us tour the other guest rooms. Each one is unique and lovely, and several have private balconies overlooking the grounds and Deer Creek. Another nice feature is wine with the innkeeper daily at 5 p.m. We had the opportunity to visit with Ruth over a glass of wine and delicious appetizers while enjoying perfect weather on the back deck. A first-class property in a beautiful setting!

Sally B