“Fantasic Stay”
Review of Deer Creek Inn

Deer Creek Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Nevada City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Deer Creek Inn from Saturday to Monday (three days, two nights) during the Marti Gras festivities. We had a fantastic time. Our host, Ruth, was very nice and the breakfasts were incredible. We stayed in the room above the kitchen (not sure which name it was) and it was a great room, very comfortable bed. We went to the Inn with friends who had a room next to ours with an adjoining door which made it easy to visit with them as we could open that door when we wanted to talk and visit. The sittings rooms downstairs were peaceful and I spent some time sitting there reading or knitting with soft piano music playing in the background. The shopping/eating establishments were a two minute walk away, which was very convenient. This place is perfect for a romantic getaway. We definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a good time with friends at the charming Deer Creek Inn. We enjoyed the evening wine tasting and the terrific breakfast that Ruth, the Innkeeper made for us in the morning. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Had a great trip to Nevada City. I've never been a fan of staying at a B&B, because the experience can have so many variables. Last weekend, my lady and I wanted to take a trip to the gold country and have a great day hiking and evening dining with a little night life. That is exactly what we had. I also want to thank Ruth the general manager at Deer Creek Inn. She knew the locale of Nevada City. Made evening dinner reservations for us at Friar Tucks. We could not of had a better time. The next morning was extra special. The breakfast at Deer Creek Inn was superb. Very relaxing and delicious.
The rooms were very clean and updated. Great weekend thanks to Ruth.

Room Tip: The Gigi room is downstairs and has its own entrance. This can be important if you don't want to...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
deercreekinn, Owner at Deer Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope to see you again real soon. Take Care, Ruth

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband and I stayed one night in the Winifred Room. It was wonderful. The room was super clean, with a clawfoot tub actually in the room! The hot water was ample which is great. I always get disappointed when I stay somewhere and the water is luke warm.

We had wine and homemade limoncello in the afternoon of our check in with Ruth, who was super helpful and accommodating. She gave us a brief history of the house and we hung out for about an hour chatting at her kitchen island. She pointed us to a great restaurant Lefty's Grill which was across the street, and we set off for the evening out. Turns out we didn't even need to leave Lefty's as they had live music playing and plenty of drinks at the bar on a Friday night!

We definitely plan to come back in the future and have recommended the place to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Winifred Room has a balcony that is lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

What a wonderful B&B experience we had at Deer Creek Inn. Ruth was warm and welcoming. She made scrumptious breakfasts and was able to accommodate my gluten free needs. Happy hour was a pleasant experience too and gave a opportunity to chat with the other guests.
We stayed in Sheryl's Room and it was comfortably appointed. The king size bed was super. The house is charming and has a great location. We walked everywhere we needed to go within Nevada City. This was such a positive experience that we have reserved a return visit in January 2015.

Room Tip: Corner suite had an additional balcony overlooking the creek. Spring through Fall would be an ideal...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Loved our two night stay at this beautiful B&B - Ruth's fabulous breakfasts and delicious nibbles with wine in the evening were highlights to be sure, but we enjoyed the whole ambiance and welcoming feel of the house and its beautiful creekside location. It's a long way from England, but should we find ourselves again in Nevada City, we shall certainly stay at this wonderful place. And Ruth, you really MUST write that cookbook, and when you do, please let us know!

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all just perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I spent the most relaxing, lovely weekend at Deer Creek Inn recently. I was running away from home, work, stress and wanted a quiet weekend. I thought I wanted to be alone all weekend, but what I didn't realize was how much I appreciated interacting with the wonderful guests at breakfast and again with a glass of wine in the evening. And the breakfasts were delicious! Ruth was gracious, knowledgeable about Nevada City and the surrounding area, fun to talk with and a fantastic chef.

I stayed in the Gigi room downstairs overlooking the creek and with its own entrance. Great views, comfortable bed, nice bathroom - what else could I ask for? It was quiet and peaceful. I did see most of the other rooms during my stay and they all have their own wonderful individual personalities. The Inn is a block from the beginning of Broad Street and an easy walk to and from the shopping and restaurants.

I had such a nice time, I made a pledge to myself to do this at least every six months.

Room Tip: Check out the photos and descriptions to help you pick the room for your stay.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley

Been to Deer Creek Inn? Share your experiences!