“the property was excellent for mobility”
Review of Nevada City Inn

Nevada City Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
Reviewed 27 April 2014

we really enjoyed our stay we have a scooter and the Walker. it was accessible to town walking distance with the scooter and the Walker. the pavilion area in front of the cabins were excellent and spacious with picnic tables.Sam's the new manager was extremely helpful and accommodating to my family. we stayed at many cabins in the area and these were the cutest with all the necessities for our families needs. thanks for everything will be back soon

Room Tip: we had room 26 and 27 which connected with porches and a door it was excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack R

Reviewed 26 April 2014

After a misscomunication with a friend I needed a place to stay late on a Friday night. The Nevada city inn took me in and were so accomidating. The staff could not be nicer. I was also so happy and surprised to find a fridge in my room. Perfect little room for the night. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ewolf3
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We booked this inn as a last minute decision. The new owner was very helpful and welcoming. They have a fire pit where we were able to build a fire and roast marshmellows with our 2 year old. We played catch with our son in the grass. The cabins had a bath tub and are cute.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jportenier
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a lovely stay at this little Inn. The Staff was warm and charming. We stayed in the cheapest rooms, which were clean and simple. The decor is slightly dated but fine. They also have really cute little cabins accross the way. The Inn is conviently located just off Hwy 49, but is quiet and woodsy feeling. There's also a funky little juice and sandwich stand accross the road which makes excellent food. The couple managing the place just arrived a few days ago, and are intent on tending the place well.
We'll definitely be back next time we're visiting the area.

Room Tip: pick a cabin for charm. Room19 was fine
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amber H
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is my second visit to this woodsy retreat. My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary here 1 1/2 years ago and we had a great experience. Staff was friendly and we loved the woodsy, semi-private atmosphere of the property.

My daughter and I wanted to take a mini-retreat while my husband and younger kids were out of town and this place came to mind. I looked online and compared other places and prices and again chose this property because of the quality and price.

I am very happy with my choice. Staff have been excellent and very personable. We have not been the easiest tenants; we arrived after closing hours 11:15 pm and staff stayed up to wait for us, we got locked out of our room and they quickly responded to our need with a friendly smile, and I also lost my phone in my room and they called my phone twice for me so that I could find it.

Towards the end of my stay the new manager introduced himself to me, took me around the property and shared some of his plans for the upgrades he is in the process of making. Now that is truly personal service.

Our room was great. No smoke smells and very clean. House keeping came around in the morning but we were told if we needed anything later on, we could just go to the office and request it. Very quiet. Loved having the microwave and small fridge. We used the large dresser which was perfect for two. Also has a closet for hanging clothes. Loved the simple but convenient continental breakfast (OJ, Milk, Pastries, English Muffins with toaster, Cereal -but only one choice). Our room was clean. Parking available right at the door. Not in the downtown area, which is what I was looking for, but only like 2-3 miles to the downtown shops.

Perfect getaway.

Room Tip: I would recommend the cottages for larger groups. I have only stayed in the rooms meant for two. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophia E
Reviewed 11 December 2013

By far the worst place we ever stayed for one night. The room was small, outdated, w/ grimey carpets, stained seat cushions, nasty bedding, dirty shower, cigarette smell in everything.
When I went to the office to get a remote for the 20 year old TV, the manager asked what room are you in? I told him #5 oh he said you got the bad one! Almost forgot to mention the blood spatters on the bathroom walls and floor. Fortunately I did get a refund the next morning after complaining. Never did take off my shoes! Opps! Watch for the pine pitch on your car!!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank pinepoint16
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

One look at the area behind the front desk and you'll know what you're in for: a filthy mess. Stayed here for a night as it was the only place available and boy were we up for a surprise. Small rooms, lack of maintenance, and hodgepodge cleaning techniques. If I'm paying $100/night for a room, I at least expect some semblance of cleanliness. Mold and mildew in the showers and dirty walls and furnishings; it's as if you walked into a frat house of degenerates. I would have much rather slept under a tree freezing my butt off than stay here again. This place is the place to go if you're looking to strengthen your immune system.

• Stayed: September 2013
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Holbrooke Hotel
Holbrooke Hotel
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley

Been to Nevada City Inn? Share your experiences!