“Get inside at the Outside Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
Davis, California, United States
“Get inside at the Outside Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

There is so much to love about the Outside Inn. It is the perfect place to stop and rest after adventures in Nevada City and the surrounding area. I love to stay there in the summer with a girlfriend when we spend the weekend at the swimming holes on the Yuba River or when my family takes a fall field trip and Nevada City provides the perfect setting for leaf peeping. Outside Inn is clean yet funky, fun, silly, spacious, helpful, and great value. You can walk to everything from there and the owners and staff are super knowledgeable and friendly. I send everyone there that is looking for a great weekend get-away. Plus, this last trip we found out that Nevada City really gets dressed up for Halloween. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: We love the rock climbing suite b/c it has a climbing wall inside and is bigger but all the rooms ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Our stay at the a outside Inn was a unique and wonderful experience. We were there during the Halloween Holiday and the festive decorations and haunted trail were a real treat for us. The Inn was very clean, warm and cozy. A few of our friends stayed at the Outside Inn and the decor in every room was wonderful and different. We had everything we needed in our room including a refrigerator, stove and sitting area in the kitchen. There was a rock climbing wall and we wished the grand kids were with us to enjoy it. We loved making breakfast and coffee in our room in the morning. The staff at the Outside Inn were all very friendly and accommodating to our needs. I would definitely recommend it to my friends and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Share your needs when making reservations, the staff is very accommodating.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hayward, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have wanted to visit this inn for quite some time. I was given the opportunity when my son said he had some vacation time but no $$ to go anywhere. I invited him and his girlfriend to accompany me to Nevada City, CA to stay at the Outside Inn with me. We had our heart set on The Cottage but there were no vacancies.

So - we chose The Paddlers Suite for the couple and The Winter Room for me. We both loved our rooms and the peaceful ambiance of Nevada City. The inn is in a great location - a short walk to the old part of town allowed us to wander around on our own schedules.

Erin and the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Erin is an accomplished photographer and she is very passionate about the inn and Nevada City in general. She has stocked the office/reception area with a lot of information, including very specific hiking and biking trail info.

The whole town was decorated for Fall and Halloween and it was a charming long weekend for us. The rooms were very comfortable and the kitchen and kitchenette were very well stocked. I can highly recommend the Outside Inn and hope to return again!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms that had back doors leading out to the creek and firepit.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ATerrapin
aurora, colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I were part of a group of 5 couples that went to Nevada City/Grass Valley area to visit some wineries. All 10 of us stayed at Outside Inn. We all had a great time. The accommodations were perfect for us! The staff was great. I would highly recommend this quaint hotel for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonoma County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

My recent stay at the OI was as wonderful as previous visits. There is just something so welcoming and comforting about this little gem of a hotel. My room was small and very comfy...the decor is really charming and not overwhelming. In the in room coffee is delicious and they even have 1/2 and 1/2! The staff could not be better...super friendly and efficient...always helpful. In front of the office there's a spot with little baskets where locals leave fresh fruit and veggies...it does get much better. I have stayed here maybe 4 times....happy memories linger from previous visits...it feels like "coming home" in a way. I am planning to revisit in Dec for the Dicken's Christmas event... and I will keep coming back - I love Nevada City and the Outside Inn!!!!

Room Tip: each room is different and a bit whimsical....the 2 bedroom cottage is great
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sparkbun
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Four girlfriends on a w/e trip to a craft fair, we decided to spend a little time in Nevada City. We were able to rent the Cottage at the Outside Inn, where we checked in, unpacked, settled in with a glass of wine on the deck and a walk thru the lovely neighborhood where the trees were just starting to change color. Had a great dinner at Lefty's Grill (many menu's to look through in the office) and then back to the Cottage where we played cards until bedtime. Four women, yet more than enough towels, washcloths, dishtowels.....and lots of really hot water! The next morning two of us walked the short distance to downtown and bought bagels which we brought back to our Cottage and shared with each other along with coffee, all snuggled and warm on a somewhat overcast early fall day. The leaves were just starting to color the path that runs behind the office along the creek (when there's water) up to the cottage. The artwork was so fun - painted metal flowers, turtles, big bird, and loved the quilt with the birds perched on top, oh, and don't forget the hammock!. Hard to describe but so enjoyable to share. And there's a firepit with firewood if you want to sit out and enjoy nature! Very reasonable prices, very comfortable, and all the things you think you need are there for you. Can't wait to go back!.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank socalgal1952
Fishertown PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and son , as well as myself . TOTALLY enjoyed our stay at this inn . . . we had arrived in on The Amtrak California Zephyr at Colfax and then drove up to Nevada City , a quintessential foothills town. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the unique themes that were used to decorate the various rooms. The inn has a really nice setting , with many outdoor areas to hang out at as well as utilize ( pool , sitting areas , picnic tables , barbeque area , open fire area , and an office with much useful information for the surrounding areas ). The inn also has a lot of neat art on the grounds as well as attached to the building itself. The employees at the the inn were SUPER helpful and exhibited a friendly and positive attitude. We will visit this place again and if you are going to the foothills of The Sierra Nevada Mountains , check out Nevada City and The Outside Inn !

Room Tip: The Autumn Room is very "comfy" for a couple and The Outside In Room is really COOL for ch...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Gold Miners Inn-Grass Valley
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#4 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!