“Cute - Fits the Old Down Town thyme”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
Antioch, California
“Cute - Fits the Old Down Town thyme”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We've stayed at the Outside Inn several times. The most recent was this past weekend. Once again we weren't disappointed. Clean thyme style room with small kitchen and separate bedroom. Everything clean and neat. Only issue was that the GFI in the bathroom was broken, therefore there was no working plug in the bathroom. We worked around it and alerted the manager, I am sure that it will be fixed without delay. Like I said, we've stayed there before and will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
OutsideInnNevadaCity, Owner at Outside Inn, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thanks for the nice review, I am happy to report that we did fix the plug in the bathroom as soon as the room was unoccupied, but we always appreciate the head's up so we can fix things in a timely manner.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Eureka, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My girlfriend and I decided to take off on a 5 day road trip w/ her chocolate lab and just drive the back roads of California until we felt like stopping. This was my first trip with a dog and I had no idea what to expect. In the late afternoon, while I drove, she check Tripadvisor for pet friendly hotels in the Gold Country area of the Sierra foothills. The Outside Inn got good reviews not only about the property but also the friendly staff and their set up for pets. We called from the road to make our reservation and spoke w/ Erin who couldn't have been nicer. Upon arrival the staff member got us quickly checked in told us there rules for pets (basically just don't leave them unattended in the room and clean up after they do their "business"…duh!). Restaurant recommendations for dinner and recommendations for walking trails w/ our dog in the morning were also provided. Our room was small, cute and well stocked for both man and beast. I believe all but two of their rooms are pet friendly and I commented there was absolutely no pet smell in the room from the previous furry friends who had stayed there. This was nice because I have stayed in hotels where the only rooms left were pet friendly and you knew it because of the residual smell. But there was none in this nice place as they clean the room much more throughly than the standard bedding change and floor vacuuming. Doggy biscuits were provided for the dogs and a few candies were there for us humans w/ a sweet tooth. The room was cute, comfortable and appointed w/ everything we needed for our stay. The location at the top of the hill a few blocks up from the main drag of town in a quaint neighborhood assured a quiet nights sleep. There rates were very affordable and the grounds of the property are well maintained and attractive. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable, cute and friendly place to stay in Nevada City…its where we'll stay next time we're in town…with or without a pet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Randyfish
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The outside inn is a jewel of Nevada City & the staff are so knowledgable about all the things locally available to do! I think you could stay for weeks & never run out of activities! I love that there are adult as well as family venues to choose from!

• Stayed February 2014
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had not planned any overnight stay in Nevada City but when we saw how charming this little town is, we decided to look for a place to sleep and went to ask at the Tourist Office. So it was thanks to them how we found the Outside Inn where there still was an available room: Room 3 1/2 (three and a half), a very funny number for a room, isn't it? This was certainly a good start which became even a better story because the room was tastefully decorated. It is true that it is a small room (that explains why it is number 3 1/2 and why it is only equipped with 2 single but comfortable beds, a hanging flat TV, a small radio set, a small fridge, a small desk and a chair) but it was more than enough for the two of us and our luggage. Moreover the existing furniture allows you in the end to find space for everything, so the size of the room was not a problem at all. And both the room and the ensuite bathroom were spotless.
In regards to the location, this is a quiet and safe area and which is not far from downtown. Actually we left our car in front of our room and just walked to the center.
The only thing that was not as good as in other places is that the price (we paid 87$) didn't include any breakfast. Nevertheless we were satisfied and we even felt somehow special for having slept in a room with such a funny number.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for a girls night out, wanting to enjoy dinner and dessert in town and not wanting to worry about having to my drive home afterwards. My guests were from out of town and this would be their first experience of the "little town up in the hills" I had moved away from them for....I wanted their impression to be a good one. Outside Inn did not disappoint. We attended a wine event, we shopped, we explored the Grass Valley and Nevada City downtown areas... we dined....we laughed...and did I mention we shopped (Nevada County has great local shops)? The jewel of the crown of our stay here was Outside Inn. When I phoned ahead to explain why we were staying, they recommended the perfect creek side cabin which was a standalone home adjacent to the property called "The Cottage". It was the perfect place to meet, catch up, put together our game plan, and then come back and continue to catch up. It had it's own parking, it's own deck/backyard which overlooked the charming creek that runs along the property. It was so peaceful and charming and comfy! There is definitely pride of ownership here, with meticulously clean and creative rooms that match the spirit of the town it resides in. This all took place last March and ever since, I have recommended all friends and family coming in from out of town to stay here. Now that the same wine event that inspired last year's stay is again on our horizon.... my friends and I are planning to stay again this year and guess which room we're going to pick?

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the creek and even though I'm sure the other rooms that do not face th...