“A really fun place to stay!”
Review of Outside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Outside Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nevada City
Reno, Nevada
“A really fun place to stay!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Outside Inn in Nevada City, CA, and it was even better this time, if that is possible! Very clean, comfortable, quiet and a nice walk from the downtown area. We will continue to stay at the Outside Inn when we visit Nevada City, it is such a fun place to visit and the owners are very informative and helpful - just love it!

Room Tip: Rooms all have an individual motif, both visits we have selected the Anglers room (fisherman's d...
1 Thank ktneal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chico, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My in laws bought us room at the Outside Inn for a Mothers day/ Fathers day gift. This charming little getaway was just what we needed. The room had everything we needed in it! It was very warm and cozy and the service was just as nice! Everything was exceptionally clean and we felt very comfortable. Its just a short walk to the downtown area. I would defiantly recommend staying here

Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderfully restored 1940's motel in a wooded area on the adage of lovely small town Nevada City. It reminded us of the Wizard of Oz complete with a Dorothy who was the characterful receptionist ! I think we were perhaps the only visitors without a dog, but thankfully no animal smells in the room. Recommended to all.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Clayton, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at The Outside Inn. The staff is friendly and helpful. The grounds are well kept and charming. I especially loved the hammock tucked away in the trees and the babbling brooks. We stayed in the Climbing Suite, which was just like a mini cabin. It had a small kitchenette, sitting area, rock climbing wall, comfy bed and roomy bathroom. It was very peaceful and an easy walk to the downtown. We look forward to staying here again.

1 Thank KBaldemi
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I travel around California for business frequently. I booked this place when the other larger hotels in the area were full (I like my reward points since I travel so much). I read the reviews and decided to take a chance. Nevada City is such a lovely place to work that I ususally stay out and about after work, but I was to excited to enjoy my room that I skipped going out! I was seriously sad when it was time to check out. Dont miss this place, you cant not beat the price, location, or the perfection of this small hotel.

Room Tip: Try room 3.5. The Outside Inn room. Not good for couples! Singles and friends.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Booked a room at the Outside Inn based on Trip Advisor's customer reviews and we thought it was perfect. Cozy and comfortable and sweet management. If you're looking for a little upscale, this is not the place, but loved the feeling and charm. Very clean, nice options and only a few blocks from downtown with great shopping and restaurants! I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Tucked away in a pretty residential neighborhood on the edge of the charming downtown of Nevada City, the Outside Inn is a cozy, clean and comfortable spot. The owners/management are friendly and helpful (without being obtrusive), with great tourist and dining recommendations, including a basket of menus for local restaurants.
Rooms are very clean and well-kept with nice linens, small fridges and basic but good extras - remarkable for the price.
With the small shady patio or the center garden to sit and read in, the Outside Inn is a relaxing place to start and end your Gold Rush country days.

Room Tip: Website photos clear and accurate, making selection easy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#4 of 10 in Grass Valley
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#3 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Outside Inn? Share your experiences!