“Everything was perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nevada City
Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Nevada City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Chestnut Cottage was extremely cute, with lovely vintage furnishings. The property was well kept and very quiet. We enjoyed a glass of wine in the common yard. Although we didn't grill, all the equipment was readily available. The walk to town was easy and fun. The continental breakfast was amazing and plentiful. We would definately recommend the Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn to any of our friends or family looking to stay in a nice place at a reasonable price in the Nevada City area, this is the place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Piety_Hill_Cottages, Owner at Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi Lisa B.,
It was a pleasure to have you and Sandy with us this past weekend! Thanks for the nice review and for scheduling your next stay!
We'll see you in December!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were three ladies staying in the Maple Cottage on a quiet weeknight and it was perfect ! Extremely clean and well decorated cottage included all the needed amenities. The bedroom and kitchenette area are larger than they look on the inn's website photos. The central garden/ courtyard was the best - tables under the canopy of the trees created such a nice space for evening relaxing and morning breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tmtrip

Hello TmTrip,

Thanks for your time and kind words here on TA. It was great to have your family here with us for your "girls" trip. So glad that you enjoyed the courtyard. Most people are running on fumes by the time they get here, so this is a great spot to stop and "smell the roses", if you will, before heading out to conquer the greatness of all this area has to offer.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My son and daughter-in-law got me a room on June 6th for the Nevada City Art Walk. Upon arriving on a very hot day at around 5pm my room was wonderfully cool. Very thoughtful of proprietors to think of turning the air conditioner on beforehand. I had a single garage that was right next to my room. Very handy for unloading luggage. Bathroom was very clean. Great shower and water pressure and everything in working order. Sm. frig was the coldest I have ever encountered in a hotel room, and very clean. Bed was fairly comfortable and surroundings nice and quiet. Proprietors super friendly and although I was not there long enough to enjoy the grounds it looked very inviting. Would not hesitate to recommend these lovely cottages.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank polarbear6791
Piety_Hill_Cottages, Owner at Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello PolarBear 6791,
Thanks for choosing Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B for your stay while visiting Historic Nevada City! And thanks for the nice review! Don't forget about our referral program. We'd love to send you a "Pile of Piety Cash" for each new guest that stays with us upon your referral!
Until next time!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was one of two places we had pick to stay at. It just happen that the other one booked up fast, good for us the other one was out of the way. Check in was fast and the owner was very helpful. We stayed in the Daphne Cottage, it was one of the smaller ones but it was perfect.
It was easy access to and from the freeway. It was very quite in the evenings which we liked.
We didn't use the BBQ area but it was there for our use, and the breakfast we opted out on because we had plans to get up early.
The room was made up real nice, nice flat screen tv and cable.
The only thing I saw on the down side was the small bath, but we managed.
I would recommend this place to everyone that is going to Grass Valley area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Piety_Hill_Cottages, Owner at Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi John W.,

Thank you for your review! It Was nice to have You and Jeannette with us.
(Love that Big Salmon in your profile pic)

Reviewed 21 February 2014

For us, it happened to be a special, romantic weekend celebration, but I would stay here again under any circumstances. There were many adorable little details about this cottage - more than I can possibly list. Next time, I will take some photos.
We stayed in the Chestnut cottage. We got the last cottage available, which just saved us the trouble of choosing one It was accurately described, including the smallish shower (unimportant to us).
It was fun to be able to walk into Nevada City & we got lots of helpful, insider information about the town from our friendly hosts. We skipped the breakfasts so I can't review those. But the yummy coffee and half & half in the kitchen were extra enjoyable. Our cottage was perfectly preheated when we arrived. We stayed 2 nights. It was so quiet that it would not have occurred to me there were any other guests except that I knew they were completely sold out.
The grounds have some cute touches, too. It was a little too cold for us to hang out in the courtyard, but that will be another good reason to return when it's warmer weather.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Piety_Hill_Cottages, Owner at Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

We are so pleased that you chose Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B for your romantic getaway. Our weather was warmer than normal for this time of year during your stay but still a bit chilly for using the courtyard to "hang out" in so come to see us in May-Sept. for some spectacular mountain weather! Thanks for taking the time to review us here on TA.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

After a four-year hiatus we were able to get back to Piety Hill again. We were extremely pleased to find that the hosts (friendly and attentive), room (beautiful, comfortable, and complete), and service (breakfast was very tasty and perfectly on-time) were still A-1!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Piety_Hill_Cottages, Owner at Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thanks for another great review! Always nice to have you here on Piety Hill!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friend and I booked a cottage called Maple for a two night stay in Nevada City. When we got there the room was super heated, someone had had the wood stove going. This was not a problem as we put on the air conditioner a few hours to cool it down to a reasonable temperature . What was however, a major problem was the shower. I had to wait a long time to get any hot water flowing and it was barely a dribble when it did flow. I cannot imagine that many others were showering in other cottages in the later afternoon when we checked in. Then the toilet kept running. It was irritating as I had to take off the toilet tank top to reach in and move the ball around so the water would stop running. I didn't mind the first time as I wanted to get some sleep, but after a few more times it got old. The next day when I tried to turn on the shower again before we went out, there was hardly a drop of water coming out. It was all so frustrating so my friend in Grass Valley suggested we pack up and go back to her place for our last night in that area. I could not pack and get out of there fast enough. I wanted a good shower before we went home to Canada. I would not recommend this Maple cottage to anyone until the plumbing issues are resolved . It was a waste of money entirely.
We packed and left so fast once my friend offered us her home again, that in our haste, my friend left her ipad cord there. To their credit the management did offer to mail it back to her.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Piety_Hill_Cottages, Owner at Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Hello Linda B. Thanks for your comments here on TA.
We never rent the Maple Cottage with the wood burning stove already ablaze. We do however preheat the cottages for arriving guests if the temps are expected to drop drastically as it did on the night that you stayed. The stove has not been used by a guest since early May of this year. We noticed that the air conditioner, the bedroom ceiling fan and the 3 speed stand fan had been used when we refreshed the cottage. I am sorry that it was too warm for you.
The problem with the toilet running was a simple fix. The nut that holds the handle in place had loosened slightly and it was tightened by hand in 10 seconds. When the toilet is running the pressure to all other faucets will be significantly diminished as was the case here. The guest that stayed the next night told us they had no problem with the toilet or the shower.
You did not bring these issues to management’s attention until after you were vacating the property. Had you given us the opportunity to resolve the problems, we could have made the simple repairs quickly and you could have enjoyed the remainder of your stay. If problems are not brought to the attention of the management, even the simplest of solutions won’t help the issue at hand. This place is 80 years old and has some quirkiness, but most all issues can be resolved by communicating with the Innkeepers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nevada City
#3 of 10 in Grass Valley
The Madison House B & B
The Madison House B & B
#2 of 6 in Nevada City

Been to Piety Hill Cottages Motel and B&B Inn? Share your experiences!