“Absolutely the best place to stay in Nevada City.”

Harmony Ridge Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Nevada City B&B and Inns
Carlsbad, CA
“Absolutely the best place to stay in Nevada City.”
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This is the 2nd time we've stayed at the Harmony Ridge Lodge. It's a wonderful, peaceful lodge up the hill from the city of Nevada City. The owners (Bob & Jaime) and the managers (DeAnna & Billy) are wonderful, kind people who bend over backwards to accommodate their guests. The rooms are tastefully decorated; it's upscale, but still cozy and comfortable. You'll forget about your stress, since there's no TV or phone in the room to distract you. The location is peaceful and beautiful, with 4 fenced acres of pine trees, and perfect for dogs - which they welcome. Our Golden Retriever loves it there and so do we! We highly recommend the Harmony Ridge Lodge.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank CarlsbadFlowers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Beautiful inn and amazing retreat facility. Peaceful and well appointed. Fabulous hospitality and food. Wonderful inn keepers and even the resident canines were sweet!

• Stayed April 2010
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 February 2010

I had the opportunity to escape from San Francisco for a few days and landed at Harmony Ridge Lodge. I had my 2 dogs with me, my 4 year old and new pup of 4 months. From the moment I put my car in park and unloaded my "stuff", I knew I was in a very special place. I was immediately greeted by Monarch and Ben, the Lodge dogs who immediately took my 2 canine companions under their wings and disappeared into the completely fenced 4 acres of National Forrest land. The formal gardens, although in their Winter hush, were gorgeous nonetheless. Can't wait to get back in the Spring to see it all in bloom! My room was spotless, full of beautiful art, books, magazines, towels and bowls for the dogs, and a bed to die for. I'm not a thread count kind of guy but I can't remember the last time I slept more soundly, and I travel a lot. And, the heating/air system worked perfectly. I was able to easily turn it off when I was out for the day, and switch it back on and have heat in minutes! This may not sound like much but as it was Winter in the Sierras, this was an added bonus and greatly appreciated!
The first evening I was treated to a special Valentines event that included an exquisite dinner and astrology reading by a local astrologer. The atmosphere was relaxed, familiar, and absolutely perfect! Dinner was as good as any high end restaurant in the City and I'm sure I ate more then I should of, but what can you do? And the desert!
I was surprised the next morning when I discovered there was a beautiful breakfast waiting for me in the main house. Harmony Ridge is not a Bed and Breakfast per se and I wasn't expecting made to order waffles with fresh strawberries and maple syrup, bacon, and a selection of fruit, granola, cereal, breads, and muffins, not to mention the great coffee, black and strong! The following morning I was treated to fritata with fresh herbs and goat cheese, and light as a feather. I was dying for another slice when Chef Billie came out from behind the stove and said, have another, I made plenty! And I did!
The Yuba River was a short 10 - 15 minutes away and the dogs loved the long walk we took along its banks. You want snow? A short drive up highway 20 will provide plenty of the white stuff for your doggies to burrow in. Don't forget your snow shoes!
Billie, Deanna and Deb, chef and providers of good cheer, warmth, and hospitality, along with proprietors Bob and Jamie, made my stay at the Lodge most memorable, almost like being at home, except the food was better!
In a time when value for buck really matters, I couldn't possibly imagine a better place to escape to. Not too fussy, but everything you need, right when you need it.
I can't wait to go back.
Thank you everyone at Harmony Ridge Lodge!
I just hope I can get a reservation when word gets out!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank realrockstar
Santa Cruz
Reviewed 15 February 2010

The pictures on their website are great but the experience is even better. Wonderful hosts with every detail a solid " Excellent". I honestly can not find one thing to consider even average. It is that good! The linens on the bed were the most expensive and comfortable I have ever had. This B&B is on the edge of the Tahoe National Forest and it matches the grounds it sits on. Several acres of fenced in forest with an amazing choice of places to hide, stretch out, or play. An excellent staff that made our stay so personal we wanted to stay longer. Without a doubt the best value and experience we have had with a B&B. Keep this one in mind for a mid week get away or a family reunion as there is so much to do in the surrounding area. We so enjoyed the resident Golden Retreivers who host the visiting dogs. Yes, it's pet friendly as well but spotless and not a dog hair to be found throughout the house. There is wonderful comfortable furniture throughout that allowed us to curl up for some R&R (reading & relaxing). We look forward to a return trip later in the year as the seasons change.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SantaCruzJim56
Pasadena, CA
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We absolutely loved the Harmony Ridge Lodge. Our family of four, including children aged 8 and 9, stayed for three nights in Room 1, which is a large second floor room with two queen beds and a sitting area. The room is much more beautiful than the pictures on the web indicate. The linens are luxurious -- towels new and fluffy, sheets and duvets of the best quality. Even the bathroom furnishings are beautiful. Having been fortunate enough to have lived at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena (5 star property) for six months in 2006 following a house fire, we tend to compare (fairly or not) every place we stay to the Ritz's level of service and quality. Making us even more difficult critics, my husband has traveled to over 100 countries on business, staying only at the best hotels the world has to offer. We were not disappointed at the Harmony Ridge Lodge. The room was beautiful, decor and details exceptional throughout the property (outdoor sculptures, lovely light fixtures, high quality coffee table books everywhere, beautiful and interesting furnishings -- understated elegance). The breakfasts abundant, delicious and of the highest quality ingredients prepared with genuine care and pride. Innkeepers DeAnna and Billy are delightful, warm and welcoming. Our children loved visiting Deanna and Billy's Golden Retriever, Ben (the owners' Golden, Monarch, wasn't on the property this weekend), in the main house, eating Billy's delicious breakfasts and homemade cookies and being spoiled by his offerings of hot chocolate after playing in the snow. Our children didn't want to leave (nor did we), which says a lot given that before arriving they were bemoaning the fact that there would be no TV (they forgot all about TV once they were here!). The grounds are lovely and were covered in snow, making it all the more magical to us having driven up from sunny southern California. This review may sound over the top, but it is an honest and accurate reflection of how pleased we were with this gem of a place. There is nothing negative to be said. We hope to be back in the Spring!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 10 January 2010

After several years of delay tatics, i yielded to my wife's request to spend a December Weekend in Nevada City taking in Victorian Christmas and Cornish Christmas events.

All of the downtown decorations, victorian outfits and music were more fun than i imagined, despite having to park a half-mile out of downtown Nevada City.

What really made our Christmas vacation was our two nights at Harmony Ridge Lodge, five miles away from the holiday crowds downtown. The lodge is set in the pine forest and a light evening snow during our stay made for a perfect, reflective winter landscape.
The lodge managers Deanna and Billy serve a hearty and creative winter breakfast and in the afternoon Billy walked us through baking two of his famous cookie recipes. We look forward to returning to Harmony Ridge Lodge next summer or Fall to see their gardens and orchard in their peak season

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mildredodonnell
LIVERMORE
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This is a fantastic lodge just five miles out of Nevada City. It is run by a charming and attentive couple who made our 3 day stay really pleasant. The owner has put so much thought into the decorations and artwork of the rooms it is hard to believe that you are at a lodge and not someones home. Everything is very tastefully designed and there was no skimping on quality. The garden is so beautiful and many of us spent time just taking in the serenity during the day and evening. I was extremely impressed and would happily stay there again if we go back to Nevada City.

• Stayed September 2009
#6 of 10 in Grass Valley
Nevada City Inn
Nevada City Inn
#3 of 5 in Nevada City

Been to Harmony Ridge Lodge? Share your experiences!