“Horrible place”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Fremont, California
“Horrible place”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I came to this place end of June 2014 late. There were strange habitants. Odd smell.
The first guy who meet me at my room was a cockroach. Room was not cleaned properly. There was a lot of scratches and damages around. On the web It was mentioned they have microwave and iron - this is true...but there is only one microwave for the whole community and only one iron which you can get (if you be lucky) by leaving your ID. No Iron board of course.
The personal is not nice and do not care about you. The manager looks weird and was rude. I run from there next day. This is the museum where you can see "HOW IT SHOULD NOT BE".

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE PLACE

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Adam C

Couples
Business
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I left something in the drawer.the next day talked to the office assistant, they said it was too late in the day to do anything about it.so I went back again the next day. Talked to the office assistance again, the manager came of his office(an East Indian) and was very rude . Threaten to call the police on me.anyway they need to get rid of him . The rooms were ok for the price . But make sure you don't leave anything behind.you probably won 't get it back

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Brian6935

Travellers are raving about these Newark hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Suitable hotel if planning on heading towards LA or LV the next day. It is right on the road and there is a tasty Indian restaurant about a 1/2 mile away. The room I stayed in was a little old but functional. There were unnecessary closets which out of curiosity (and a little fear!) I opened to
check what is inside. (all OK). Clean toilets and cosy bed. Surroundings are clean and neighborhood seems peaceful. But could do with free WiFi which is currently on chargeable basis. Would recommend for family stay too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Glendale, California
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Pretty fast & simple explanation. Front desk clerk named Jeff was a bit rude. The people staying there seemed unhappy. It's in a terrible location. My room was a non-smoking room that smells like cigarettes, had filthy stains & carpet burns, the TV didn't work properly, the bathroom was not clean, the toilet still had some poop stains that were missed & was the shower was filthy too. Before I almost sat on the bed, I discovered bed bugs on it! Room 117 was where it's at! I'm glad I checked-out immediately & stayed at a cousin's place in Vallejo, CA. I didn't care about the charges to my credit card, I just wanted to get out of that nasty place pronto! It's not worth the price I was charged, under $60 per night. I would never, ever recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank FartyMcBoogers
Redlands, CA
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We went to Fremont to visit family. When I told them that we were staying at the EZ-8 motel they got wide eyed and concerned. Many of the residents living there are on government housing vouchers. My brother in law has personally paid to have homeless people put up in this hotel. Two weeks ago a murder suspect was picked up there. The police make frequent trips through the parking lot. I was told that on slow nights the police will go through the guest registry and then pick up people with warrants. With that said, we did not have any problems with people. The staff was just fine and helpful. The place was surprisingly quiet at night. We were in a non-smoking room (as were all the rooms around us) which just means that people stand outside their doors to smoke. If you have issues with being around smokers you do not want to be at this hotel. The bathtub and AC were a mess (see pictures). The carpet, although vacuumed, was dirty. My kids ended up with black feet after walking around on it. We all started wearing sox inside the room. I left notes (and tips) for housekeeping and I always got what I wanted (extra towels and vacuuming). We ended up staying there for a few nights and then moved into our relative's house for the remainder of the trip. With that said..... the place is incredibly inexpensive. It is pretty crummy but it is cheap. Life is full of trade offs. If it was just me, without my family, I would stay here again. But I will not be back here with my wife and kids.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mbarre
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was the cheapest place I could find within driving distance of SF airport where I had an afternoon flight ( it took me an hour to get to the airport in rush hour traffic) the room was basic but clean. The staff was helpful.

There seemed to be a lot of families living in the hotel who had lots of children and also I did see a couple of junkies living there but even they were polite and left us alone.

I would recommend this place if you don't expect too much and you maintain some level of caution. I had no problems whatsoever.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louise D
Fremont, California
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Adaquately clean & quiet. OK clerks.
Grounds a bit tacky; lots of "lower lives" here but OK: no problems with anyone.
I have stayed here 1-2 DOZEN times. Yes, worth coming back.
Just have minimal expectations.
I like the fridge!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CelibateSANTACuddler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
#5 of 19 in Fremont
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Comfort Inn and Suites Newark

Been to E-Z 8 Motel Newark/Fremont? Share your experiences!