Aloft Silicon Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssilicon valleyw hotelroom servicefront deskdumbarton bridgewildlife refugespg platinumfree wifisized bedpalo altomini fridgeunion citybreakfast servicelarge bathroomcoyote hillssan joseprice point
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2013

To each their own...this was my first ever stay with Aloft with me and my Gf's...with no expectations. The rooms were clean, the king size bed was comfortable, TV was updated there was a fridge and microwave in the room, all the toiletries were there....and housekeeping was on time....wifi was free....*though static at times*

I couldn't ask for anything more...When I'm in the area, I will surely return...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank AvocadoNTomatoe... J
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your Aloft experience and that you'll choose us again the next time you're in the area. Cheers!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel amenities were great, my issue was in the Billing Dept. It took several long distance calls to correct but not to my satisfaction. My friend who spoke with the General Manager on several occasions still ended with a bill for $2.15.

Room Tip: There was no manager on site when we checked out, make sure you settle your bill before actually checking out.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Aloft means to me, young people, stylish atmosphere, Loft-like rooms, a pool table - Aloft. Been to some of them and all "more or less" are Aloft-like. Cupertino was sold out, Millbrae to far away, so why not trying the "new" Aloft in Newark... that´s what i thought.

Approaching the hotel, it looks like any other given hotel, but NOT like an Aloft - okay. Entering the lobby, the stylish reception, no music, no lounge like atmospehere, more standard Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites style (without the free breakfast).

Rooms, standard Hotel room nothing special, nothing Aloft in there (some W like bed furniture and a very basic bathroom...)

All clean and okay, but far away from what you (at least I) expect(ed) from an Aloft.

Dear Starwood guys, rebrand that hotel to a Four Points, this will fit, but what is expected from a carefully build Aloft experience is completely missing (Bliss soap excluded).

Room Tip: Go to Cupertino or Millbrae if you want a real Aloft
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Matthias R
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I've spend 10 nights in the new branded Aloft hotel, formerly "W Silicon Valley" .... Rooms are pretty much the same, but the nice couch and nice furniture were gone ... all the nice Bliss soap and shampoo gone as well.... Instead of the nice small bottles, you will find a dispenser in the shower .... When I was there, 3 things annoyed me:
- Lots of noise as the re-branding was still going on
- Random way of cleaning my room .... Sometime very well done, sometime not so good.
- Fitness room still not good, poor equipment.

NOW, SPECIAL AWARD TO .... the bar and reception staff! They are excellent, very kind, willing to help and accommodate you. They are friendly while still being professional ... Every evening the bar was a mandatory stop as the atmosphere was really great.

I will keep going there as the value price vs. service is still very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank dofre_ch
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. We will review your comments in our next team meeting to ensure we're delivering a great experience. We will pass along your kudos to our W XYZ Bar talent! Hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Silicon Valley.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I like this hotel, the rooms are spacious, clean and welcoming. The bar has friendly and prompt service. All the Staff are professional and courteous.
The beds are very comfortable.
The achilles heel is the lack of a restaurant - there is bar food but i was there for over a week and it does not offer the variation for a longer period of time. There is nothing close by either!
Having said that i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business