“Company Holiday Party”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Fremont, California
“Company Holiday Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had our company holiday party at the Aloft Silicon Valley Hotel for the very first time this year. I could not be any more happy with how everything turned out. Krista was very helpful in planning our event to every detail. I didn't have to worry about anything, she handled all of my concerns.

The day of the event, was perfect! The food was delicious! I did not have one complaint from any guest! The bartender Miguel was professional, friendly and made great drinks! John, the event manager, was very attentive and took care of us all evening. The servers took care of our dishes and glass promptly and all walked around with a smile. We even let us join us in a little karaoke :) They were great!

I really would like to have our party here again, I am so pleased with the entire event!

Thank you to all who helped make this evening perfect!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hi Tam!

Thank you for choosing to host your holiday party with us. It was a pleasure to have you! I will be glad to pass your compliments along to everyone. I hope to welcome you all back soon.

All the best,
Alexa W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

My rental car was broken into on the hotel's parking lot. This is not the first time this has happened to customers at this location. They have no security camera surveillance of their parking lot so it's pretty much taking a gamble parking here. I would suggest you park your car on the same side of the building as your room so that you can check on it throughout the night because they have no security.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hello,

I am sorry to note that your rental car was broken into during you stay with us. While we don't have security camera surveillance in our parking lot, we have actual security monitoring the property on a regular basis. We also have signs in our parking lot advising against leaving personal belongings in your car. We take the safety of our guests very seriously and do everything we can to make their stays with us comfortable. I hope you found the rest of your stay enjoyable.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

The rooms at this the Aloft are quite nice, and the sleep quality is very good. We were shocked by the price of the breakfasts we ate there, considering the menu was limited and the quality was average at best. The service at both the front desk and restaurant however was very good. We were concerned a bit by the malfunctioning elevators. We might stay here again, but will get our breakfasts elsewhere. I hope they have the elevators fixed by now.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian W
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

The facility here is fine. This is clearly a building that Aloft bought and converted. The outside looks like a Marriot, which threw me off, but inside you can see the traditional Aloft splash of color, shades of grey, contemporary furniture, etc.

I stayed in one of the larger suites and it was nice. It had a full-size fridge, a small microwave, food storage, living room sitting area, and a king bed. The suite isn’t set up with a separate bedroom space divided by a wall. Instead, there is a larger dresser that splits the (rather large) main room in half, and a swivel TV that can face the bed on one side, or the couch and sitting area on the other side. It also had a sizeable desk area that allowed plenty of space to get my work done. I was traveling for work and needed a lot of desk space at night as I prepared for the next day, and I appreciated the layout. It’s very functional and great for business travelers.

I did not, however, appreciate their service. For the most part, it was standard Aloft—friendly, young, helpful. But this is a service industry and when things go wrong, I expect the team to react appropriately. As a frequent traveler, I’ve experienced some great service and some poor service. Places that go above-and-beyond always earn my repeat business. Aloft fell short.

Aloft missed 2 opportunities to provide great service. First, one of the rooms I booked (I booked 2 in total) didn’t have a working heater. It was chilly during my stay and a broken heater wasn’t acceptable. They tried to fix it, but with no luck. Their “fix” was to provide extra blankets for the room. No good. Even if there were no other rooms available that evening, get a space heater! If the hotel doesn’t have one, we were up the street from several stores that were open and sold them. They could have sent someone to buy one.

The second “miss” was when I left my bag at Stanford and drove all the way back to the hotel before realizing my mistake. I had no money, no wallet, no ID, nothing. I’ll ignore the fact that the bag and its contents were worth thousands of dollars and focus only on their shortcoming—I asked for help and was provided none. The bridge next to the hotel was the only route I knew to get back to Stanford so I could look for my bag, but that required a toll. I had no money for the toll, and knew of no other routes, so I asked the front desk for help. Could they charge my room $15 and give me cash to get across the bridge? Could they find a number for Stanford security? Could they help me figure out another way to get to campus that didn’t require a toll since I had no means of paying it? The answer was a cold “no” on all fronts. Although leaving the bag was clearly my mistake, they made no effort in helping me remedy my problem. They were not willing to do ANYTHING other than call me a cab (even thought I told them I may not ever recover my bag and thus, have no way to pay for the taxi). The lady at the front desk didn’t make any attempt to help. Instead, another hotel guest offered to help me as he overheard me struggling with the attendant at the desk. He helped me find a route back to campus that didn’t require tolls and let me use his laptop so I could find a number for Stanford security. In the end, my bag was recovered, and my opinion of Aloft was changed for the negative.

Room Tip: Ask for a AAA rate and see if you can get their (overpriced) continental breakfast included. That w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello!

Our rooms are perfect for business travelers. We have everything needed for an extended stay. I'm glad to hear you could really take advantage of our spacious rooms. I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive the level of service we are so used to providing. Our guests usually praise us for our exceptional service and attention to detail. This was a clear miss on our part. I hope we can welcome you back to right or errors.

Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

From what I can tell from past reviews, this location used to be a W Hotel. A very modern decor with easy access to locations throughout San Jose, this is my preferred hotel when I have business in the Silicon Valley area.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DoctorYoshi
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I first stayed at this hotel prior to its rebranding from W Silicon Valley to Aloft. I first found the rooms odd as the W however I think it's much more at home in the Aloft family.

Rooms are spacious and the lobby area social at night with the tech crowd. Restaurant is small but service is swift and attentive as well as the food being decent.

All n all, a solid hotel on the north east side of the bay and I will be back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Hello!

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to hear that you made yourself at home our newly converted Aloft. Our rooms are more spacious than most Aloft properties and provide the perfect kitchenette area for a longer stay. XYZ Bar is great for unwinding after a day of work and enjoying a light bite and handcrafted cocktail. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

All the best,
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Being that this hotel mainly serves worker bees, it was very quiet on a weekend. The purpose of our visit was a weekend to work on our small business planning for the upcoming year. When I told this to the young lady at check-in she upgraded us to a bigger room at the end of the hall surrounded by vacant rooms. Service was excellent. The bed and the bath were great, as expected from a SPG property. Nice pool/hot tub/courtyard area. There is also a nice interior lounge and bar. Free wifi, but it wasn't the fastest. Great choice in Newark, don't hesitate.

Room Tip: mini fridge and microwave in the room for your snack attacks
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Alexa W, Manager at Aloft Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words. i am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to work on your business plan in a quiet atmosphere. Our rooms provide a great workspace with a small kitchenette area, making it perfect for fixing your coffee fix. XYZ Bar is perfect for grabbing some light bites and cocktails after a hard day’s work. On your next stay, try dinner at our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Alexa W.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Courtyard Newark Silicon Valley
BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley

Been to Aloft Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!