“Family Friendly, Clean, and Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Newark
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family is vacationing in the Bay area for 2 months and we wanted a place that allowed us some space that wasn't horribly over priced. This is it. This extended stay hotel offers newly remodeled 2 bedroom suites that are perfect for families traveling with little ones. Being outside the city allows for lower rates. The commute to all the hot spots from here aren't bad at all. The rooms offer full kitchens. Breakfast is served every morning (it's alright). There is also a grocery store a stones throw away. Everyone is courteous and very helpful. We made the right choice in picking this hotel.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have been renovated just yet. When making your reservation request a renovated room if...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank animalcookie83

Reviewed 12 April 2014

There is good things about the hotel and bad things.

Good
Check in is quick, efficient and friendly
The rooms are nice, as they are most of the time, in a Residence Inn.
The rooms and the bathrooms are clean. So is the main living area and the kitchen area.
Beds are comfortable with a nice, firm mattress.

Bad
I received the room closest to the freeway which is disappointing when you consider that I get an upgrade based on my frequent traveler status with them.
The pool is supposed to close at 10PM but nobody checks if people party until midnight. With having the room very close to the pool, this is annoying.
The A/C shuts off after a while, no matter if the desired temperature is reached or not. So it was very warm in the room. The A/C does also not turn back on until the room reaches a much higher temperature.
The price is high. Yes, I know it is California, but on the other hand, it is a hotel room!

All over all, a good hotel, great staff, good location and a couple of things to fix.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wala69
Gustavo P, Manager at Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. The feedback you provide is very important to us as we use this insight to improve the level of service we provide at our hotel. We will take steps to correct the issues you described to ensure that in the future you will have a more pleasant experience.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very friendly staff. The sixth floor has been renovated and is reasonably nice for the price. Overall it's above average compared to what's available in the area. It's within walking distance to a few places to eat and to a grocery store.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank stanv
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Residence Inn, although not fancy was just perfect for me. I was on a business trip and stayed for six nights after rejected by the next-door Courtyard Marriott (fully booked).

My experience and general impression was very good from check-in till check-out.

The girls at the front desk are so nice and offer assistance in everything, the breakfast is sufficient, the room was very clean each day I came back from work. Sleep quality was just right, quiet and comfortable. The room contained also a living room and a small kitchen, two large LCD screens and complimentary WiFi.

I would defiantly come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Od3d
Gustavo P, Manager at Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear guest, Thank you taking the time to post your review. I would like to discuss your stay and am hoping that you may contact me directly. My contact information is below.

Gustavo.Perez@Marriott.com

510-736-6000 p

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is one of the worst Marriott properties I have ever stayed in. The key is "they don't care". After checking in, I noticed that the furnace unit is located right inside a bedroom and it makes very loud noises when it is turned on. "Loud" is an understatement to describe the noise. It wakes me up repeatedly at night. Internet, provided by iBahn, is slow and intermitten. This internet issue is a lingering issue and it is not something that goes away late at night or early in the morning when overall usage is down. The next morning after breakfast, I went to the front desk and advised them of these issues, hotel GM was right there when I mentioned it, and he did not show a care. He said, "Internet problem? We haven't heard anyone else complain, we'll send an engineer to your room to have a look. Noise from furnace, we'll send an engineer to take a look." First of all, I just found at least two other comments here on TripAdvisor about their Internet issue. Second, the engineer who came acknowledged that there is an ongoing Internet issue with iBahn. Third, the noise cannot be fixed, according to the engineer, and it is supposed to make noise when the furnace kicks in. This is just not acceptable. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevator. Do not anticipate good internet connection while staying here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CekayFarnsworth
Gustavo P, Manager at Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is important to us as it provides us with the means to improve the level of service we provide at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay and I would like to assure you that we are working towards correcting these issues promptly.

Gustavo Perez
Operations Manager
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel was a great location to stay while in the SF Bay. My friend and I stayed at this location to attend a sporting event on the weekend. The hotel staff greeted us with a smile each day. The breakfast was very plentiful with a great selection of choices to eat each morning. I inquired about a couple of shopping locations and BART Stations. They provided great guidance.

The room was extremely comfortable to relax and sleep. I would recommend this location for any class of traveler.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexander138
STK2013, General Manager at Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

As General Manager at the Residence Inn by Marriott Newark Silicon Valley, I want to personally thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and thank you for making us your choice hotel when traveling to Newark, CA.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "Home Away From Home," on your next visit.

Wishing you safe travels.

Sam Kelly
Complex General Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott
35466 Dumbarton Crt
Newark, CA 94560
T: 510-739-6000
F: 510-739-6606

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Comfortable hotel, with a very good staff. Some of the Furniture in our room could use a bit of an update, but not bad. The Manager does a nice job with munchies, beer & wine in the evening during the week. The breakfast bar has a little bit of everything & is well stocked. Terrific central location, close enough to the highway & with plenty of restaurants within walking (or a short drive) distance. The pool & exercise area are very well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JuneOlympia

Dear Guest,

As General Manager at the Residence Inn by Marriott Newark Silicon Valley, I want to personally thank you for making us your choice hotel. We appreciate your customer feedback concerning our room decor and breakfast/social amenities. In 2014, we will be doing a soft refresh on all guest rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "Home Away From Home," on your next visit to Newark, CA.

Wishing you safe travels.

Sam Kelly
Complex General Manager
Residence Inn by Marriott
35466 Dumbarton Crt
Newark, CA 94560
T: 510-739-6000
F: 510-739-6606

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Courtyard Newark Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
Aloft Silicon Valley
#3 of 9 in Newark
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Chase Suite Hotel Newark
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn

Been to Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!