“Not the first choice unless on a budget”

Americas Best Value Inn-Thousand Oaks
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Newbury Park
Riverside,
“Not the first choice unless on a budget”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This motel was...interesting. It is a very low budget motel. CRT TV, remote didn't work, no fitted sheet in the bed, antiquated furnature, no hairdryer, no complimentary shampoo, uneven toilet seat, dirty shower, dirty floor, and few power outlets. You get what you pay for definitely at this establishment. The workers were nice and it was functional for a quick night stay.

We didn't see prostitutes or drug dealers like others have reviewed. The area seemed nice enough. I also think zixxer2 might be the manager :(.

Lastly, our room smelled like weed the entire time and the smell seemed to come from the A/C vents but it wasn't enough for us to complain.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This place just just got new management and although it is a work in progress, the guy running it does seem dedicated. I travel a lot and stay in motel frequently and dedication like his is rare to find in a low income style motel. Basically, I'd say all the negative comments are irrelevant at this point. This place is in a good area and after speaking with the staff, i can see it has a team who is trying to resurrect it and make it a low cost, clean, comfortable place for us to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Newbury Park, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Dirtiest, most unkept, unprofessional motel I have ever come across. Mold in showers, paint dripping on bathroom walls, stained sheets, pillow cases and towels. Carpets sticky, stained, and ripped up. drug users and hookers blatantly present. Owners/managers are extremely rude and threaten to call the police on you over something as small as telling them they are being rude lol. And if you bring something to the front desks attention, they literally do NOTHING other than tell you that they will fix it...then they don't even look into it and just go about their day. I have never before experienced management so unconcerned with guest satisfaction. I'm giving you my money people!! I guess foreigners don't understand the concept of customer service...

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank BreSomhill

Travellers are raving about these Newbury Park hotels

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

This place is old. My room stunk like old woman perfume. Bathroom was dirty. Tiny, old, CRT TV. Just not a good pick at all. There were very few people here so I'd assume many already know how bad it is. I'll be working in the area until the end of the year but I'm only here until my Priceline booking for a week runs out and then I'll stay elsewhere. Oh and you have to pay a rental fee for a refrigerator and microwave. Crazy!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our stay Sunday, July 21st was the most scariest experience for me as a adult. The screaming and banging against the walls coming from the room next door kept me up all night staying on guard to make sure my family was safe. This hotel is not family friendly with all the prostitutes and drug users. I called front desk all night when phone worked to complain and they would just knock very loudly on the next door but it did not resolve the problem nor shut the neighbors up. She turned out to be a drug user with others in her room who found violence I guess as a way to pass time. Police in the area were not much help because they would just accept the promise made by violent bloody faced neighbors that they would be quite and compliant so police would just leave and front desk would just make the excuse that the party next door was very drunk. If you can stomach this type of atmosphere hotel is fine but if you are a family with children think of your kids. My kids are teenagers but this experience was very scary and stomach turning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stopped at this place coming home to San Jose on a road trip from San Diego CA, we didn't reserve any hotel and we were extremely tired, all we wanted was to sleep, it was already 3:00 am and we had been driving with no luck to find a hotel so we drove off the freeway to this place, all we wanted was to rest for 2 or 3 hours. I went up the late night window and the lady told me there were still rooms available, she said it would be 55.00 dollars a night, the hotel looked ok from the outside so I took the room with double beds. As we entered the room it was like going into a hotel room from the 70s but all I wanted to do was sleep so I took the covers off the bed and only left the white sheet, NEVER, NEVER taking my sandals off in the dirty carpet. I had to use the bathroom it was plain and looked abandoned with tape on the shower door and the towels looked very old torn and dirty. The tv volume didn't work, the ac when turned on started smelling like burnt, I only slept 2 or 3 hours and was on my way, didn't even tough anything else I felt disgusted but didn't want to be out on the street.

Room Tip: don't go here even if it's the last hotel available. I am still disgusted.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Glendale
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The good thing is that while this facility goes is getting renovated and upgraded, it does have the lowest prices anywhere, which is exactly what I wanted. The room that were were given was okay, considering the price. Bed was King Size was nice and firm. But, we were promised a microwave and refrigerator but did not have one for us. That was a big disappointment. As there was construction going in their office, there seemed to be confusion in being able to service us.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!