“Great home cooking”

Description: phone (805) 499-9323
Thousand Oaks
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This little gem of a restaurant is tucked away on a side street in Newbury Park and it's easy to find (if you have GPS) or if you care enough to discover this family owned and operated jewel. It offers daily specials, very tasty breakfasts, and smiling people to serve you.

Visited November 2013

Simi Valley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place, Great people, Great service, Great food.”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have been going there for years. I go almost every Sunday morning during the summer months when the weather is warm enough to ride my motorcycle. During the colder time of the year when I have to drive my car I usually cut back to once or twice a month as it is a 30 mile round trip.The owners and employees are very nice and very efficient. The food is good and the portions are large. The location is in an industrial area but the strange thing is Sunday mornings are their busiest time. If you get there after 9 o'clock you may have to wait for a table. They have a lot of regulars.This is a breakfast and lunch place as they close at 2:00 p.m. Everyone that I have recommended this restaurant to has liked it.

Thousand Oaks, California
“Locals only secret spot!”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The location of this restaurant is definitely off the beaten path. It's on a "Side Street" (Hence the name) tucked into the middle of an industrial park. So, if you're coming here for the first time, you're probably wondering if you're lost! No worries. It's worth the effort to find it. Now to the food.

We've been coming here for years and the food and service has always been EXCELLENT. Today for example I had corn beef hash and eggs. Unlike most deli "mush", this hash consisted of actual cubed chunks of meat. Very tasty! The service has always been friendly and prompt... just what you want for a lunch or breakfast.

The "Side Street Cafe" is the perfect antidote to "faceless Franchise" brand name restaurants. The menu has plenty of delightful breakfast and lunch dishes that I've had the opportunity to sample. I have yet to be disappointed.

It can get crowded on weekend mornings, and there aren't that many tables, so best to go early.

• Visited December 2012
Newbury Park, Ca
“UGH!”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I still do not understand why people like this place. The service is good....and that's where it ends. The food is simply awful, I have never once gotten even an etible meal here. I finally stopped going, I couldn't be dragged here for any reason. Their breakfast potatoes are the WORST I've ever been served in my life anywhere.

Visited June 2012
Salt Lake City
“Nice little cafe in an industrial area”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This cafe is located in a suite in an industrial park. It's a bit of an odd location, but it's easy to find and there is plenty of parking.

We went here for breakfast due to a recommendation by the staff at the hotel we were at. They have quite a broad selection on the menu on and the specials-of-the-day board. The food and service were both very good, and prices were reasonable.

The second day we were in the area we went to a different place, but it had a long wait, so we returned here for breakfast. The third (and last) day we didn't even bother trying any other place -- we just went here for a third time!

• Visited March 2012