“Scary!! Shady guests hanging out all night staring at you. Cockroaches!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inns Thousand Oaks

Premier Inns Thousand Oaks
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newbury Park
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Scary!! Shady guests hanging out all night staring at you. Cockroaches!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

This was the worst place where I have ever stayed. I found a cockroach in the room, and the carpet was so disgusting with dark stains all over it. The worst part was the shady and scary-looking people that were constantly hanging out all over the place at all hours of the night. They were sometimes in groups and would stop talking to check out every person that came to the building and when you went to your room. Even the night front desk clerk was congregating with these guests and staring at everyone. It was very creepy! Also, there were cars coming and going and people hanging out by their cars. It was obvious that these people were down and out, and many of them were living there. Also, my card key would stop working several times after I tried to hurry to get to my room with my hands full and then had to go to the damn office for them to fix it...a real pain! So this is a warning. All the bad reviews are true! Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Tanabata

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

If we could have stayed there - but when I arrived they had given my reservation away - said they were overbooked and now all full up They guy also said we've been selling out every night. I called the same day I wanted to stay to make a reservation, they had a room and said that I could check in as early as 10am, In which I responded that I won't be there to much later in the evening. I was a little naive when they didn't ask for my credit card information, but figured if they have a availability for the same day I probably don't have to worry about it. Would be nice if they would have mentioned the what there policy was, esp since they were selling out. Only reason I gave them 2 stars was they told me to go to find a room, it was right down the street, had availability and was the same price and quality.

Room Tip: Pay ahead of time or go somewhere else - in my case America's Best Value inn.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Newbury Park hotels

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I don't understand the bad reviews here, for me it was just a normal night stop during my trip. I had a comfortable and clean bed to sleep, and a hot shower at a cheap price.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Miguel M
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The neighborhood is a just that, a hood. When you arrive, everybody is watching you. I saw people on their balconies watching me, in their cars, walking around. This hotel is primarily a residence for people who rent week to week. After staying there, I found out the area has car break ins all of the time. Luckily, when I took all of my stuff out of the car including my bike and the bike carrier, I remembered to lock the car. The facilities are nice. Just, be careful to lock your doors and keep your valuables close.

Room Tip: We were placed next to the game/laundry room. Fortunately, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank haleboppnsb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

No ice for the week I stay there manger came to my room at 12 an told me to pay are get out I was on my way to pay until he said that so I took my bussiesnes somw where eles like motel 6 an I will let ever one at amgem where I work know about it an I was standing in my door an herd the manger tell some lady with kid they cant play with water toys at the pool I travl alot for work an never exps. Anything like this an lots of pepole from my company stay there hopefuly not after I talk to my hr an post how bad it is there I rate your motel 0

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Sdd099
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Newbury Park is too far for me to commute to so I've been staying during the week, which makes me somewhat price sensitive. Until this week I've been at Motel 6 and while it was okay there were a few problems. So, not withstanding some of the bad reviews here, I decided to give this place a try. I found it nicer and less expensive that Motel 6.

Pluses:

*Price
*Clean room
*Good bed
*Fridge
*Bedding much better than Motel 6
*Internet

Minuses:

*Could use more electrical outlets
*No microwave

The Internet isn't free (at a price this low that's just about always true) but does allow you to buy more than one day at a time. (At Motel 6 you buy login codes from the front desk and they are only good for 24 hours each; this means your access expires the next evening while you are likely to be using it.) There is also an option to pay a little bit more for better bandwidth. I paid the extra and I have to say it's nice to have Internet that actually works.

Several reviews mentioned a less than congenial manager. By now she is most likely gone and I had no trouble at all. In fact the people in the office were pleasant, friendly and good at their jobs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank eeekster
temecula
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

found this place through word of mouth was meet by front desk clerk and and manager who answered my questions and even gave suggestions of resturants and places for my family to go
since we are new to the area. the room was a pleasant surprise for the price and very clean.
after looking at some of these reviews i wonder if we where staying in the same place?

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
No photo provided
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Premier Inns Thousand Oaks? Share your experiences!