“Worse than TERRIBLE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Newbury Park
Pasadena, California
“Worse than TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I only marked it a ONE because there is nothing less. This place is DISGUSTING! There were roaches throughout my first room and neighboring room guest made continuous noise (in and outside their room). People live there (slum). I switched rooms and was greeted by more roaches. Bottom line... I had to LEAVE - in order to actually get some sleep. AWFUL!!! Do not book this place - EVER!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Curtis W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had a month work project so I chose this nightmare dump in spite of the very bad reviews.
I tried very hard to over look the cockroaches, the drugged out looking characters, the smokers all around my room, the women waiting for their johns outside their rooms behind the motel, the rock hard bed, the cheap one drawer furniture, the tiny microwave where the spooky looking characters waited in line to heat their food.. It goes on..
But I could not over look the dishonest corrupt
staff. Their attitudes were beyond rude, anything requested by a guest was received badly and the results are to be yelled at and threatened to be kicked out.
After I made a couple requests, the lies about me begun.
I was accused of the most absurd and disgusting things that it brought me to tears. These are things a 62 year old woman just would never do. The manager looked like he was going to go postal any second.. It appeared he had some type bipolar or severe anger issues.. I couldn't defend myself over his screaming anger.
He was so insane and controlling he warned me that if I even tried he would kick me out on the spot.
They told bold lies, and treated me
With the most disrespect I have ever received from a so called professional organization. Don't even stay in this hell hole for even a night.. It doesn't deserve any not even one star.

• Stayed November 2013
8 Thank La-Laurel

Travellers are raving about these Newbury Park hotels

Enschede, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, read all the reviews below and were unhappy we didnt read Those before we booked. But it turned out to be not that bad. Location is a bit away of everything and rooms are basic, but not bad for this price. Too bad you have to pay for wifi and there is no breakfast.

We didnt see any dodgy people hanging around. There were car alarms going of at night though...

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baskotter
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Was looking for a cheap local motel for an overnight rendezvous with my GF. I chose Premier Inn mainly because of the price. We were just looking for a clean and inexpensive spot that we could relax at. However, after reading some of the reviews posted here and elsewhere, I wanted to back out of the reservation. I called but was told it was too late to cancel without being charged. My GF and I discussed it and we decided to give it a shot.

Well, things turned out to be better that we expected. This place is nothing special, but it wasn't nearly as horrible as what we had read in reviews either. The room we had was clean with no sign of bugs or other vermin. Another plus is that it is pet friendly; my GF brought her small dog along, and we saw quite a few people walking dogs around the facility while we were there. As for the people at the hotel, I saw a few folks that looked like they might be down on their luck, but no "crackheads" or scary looking individuals. My guess is that some people stay there because the price is so low.

MY GF and I had a pleasant evening, drinking wine and watching TV without any noise or other incidents. MY GF was not happy with the size and number of towels, but not that big a deal.The bed was a bit hard, but I've slept in more uncomfortable beds in more expensive hotels too. Another nice perk; the Jacuzzi, which I used Sunday morning before we checked out. It was a bit on the lukewarm side when I got in, but 10 minutes later it felt so good I didn't want to get out.

All things considered, it was a pretty good stay. Definitely won't go wrong with the price (I paid less than $60.00 for a Saturday).I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget, need something just a night or two and have a pet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
kelowna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Priceline says this is a 2 star hotel my wife and i have stayed at plenty of 2 star hotels. This is not a 2 star hotel period. First we get are key and told what room we go there parking is a pain at this hotel key card will not work go back to main desk and instead of a new card we get a new room because she could not figure out what problem was okay. Now on first floor instead of second have to walk past room were 3 or 4 gentlemen are hanging out with door open and fan going trying to get rid of marijuana smell. Room was okay bed had rips on the side and the sheets had stains bed was okay so put our sheets on them a okay slept and got going in morning . 1 star hotel at best maybe even 1/2 star very definitely
not a 2 star

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vicspicsKelowna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We read the reviews here, but bc we had a relative in ICU at a nearby hospital and expected to be here for a while, we decided to try this budget hotel in spite of the reviews. We came to check it out during the day and didn't think it looked awful, and the hotel staff were kind enough. the price was right, and the location was close to the hospital so we stayed. It was a mistake.

It's true what people say: there are lots of characters wading around at night (probably bc there is a Salvation Army next door), who very well could be on drugs, and our room definitely had lots of cockroaches. Under normal conditions we would have never considered staying, but we were so emotionally drained from sitting in ICU waiting room for days, that we just shrugged it off and figured we weren't spending enough time in the hotel to let it concern us.

By night 3, I woke up with a bite on my forehead that puffed up all around it. We read that bed bug bites are usually in rows of 3 bites, so we assumed it could have come from anything, even something outside. But then by night 4, I woke up with HUGE red bites all over my thigh, all in rows of 3. We checked the mattresses and saw blood streaks all over them. Don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank AnonymousOne4458
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

PROS: cheap, pet-friendly, free morning coffee, easy access from freeway
CONS: "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke, as well as many people smoking right in front of our room. The wifi was $5 a night and slow. Front desk was not very friendly and obviously annoyed at questions. In the middle of the night, the fire alarm went off and I woke up to a terrible burning from the AC. We had to leave it off while we melted half the night. Not recommended!

Room Tip: Choose room upstairs, room was loud with passerby.