“best mexican restaurant newbury park”

The Alamo Bar & Grill - Newbury Park
Ranked #40 of 87 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Michael Drive
Westlake Village Ca
“best mexican restaurant newbury park”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Our family has been going to the Alamo for well over 10 years. The menu selection is excellent and the food is always well prepared. The margaritas are conejo award winning margaritas

• Visited November 2013

Camarillo, California
“Business Dinner”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Alamo is located just minutes from the TownePlace Suites where we stayed. The food is authentic American/Mexican. Nothing to rave about. The margaritas are good, and the bottles beer was as expected.

Visited September 2013
San Diego, CA
“Worth a second try”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Alamo is located in a small shopping area not far from highway 101 and the Borchard Rd exit. It doesn’t look like much from the outside and the inside is a little off-putting when you first walk in. Honestly, I would not have eaten there given the location and atmosphere when I first entered if I had known of anything else near-by.

The service was very slow but to be fair, we were there towards the end of the evening.

As it turned out the food wasn’t anything special but it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. The chips were rather thick and too greasy but the veggies (broccoli, carrots and cauliflower) were cooked just right. The salsa was on the watery side, I prefer it a little more chunky. We ordered the Enchiladas Camarones Frescos (Spinach, shrimp and avocado enchilada) for $14 and was OK. We also ordered a veggie soup (don’t remember what it’s called) and it was enjoyable.

It did appear that there were some good choices to be made from the menu so I guess if I was ever in the area again I might give it a second try.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank misplaced
Thousand Oaks, California
“Alamo”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I dining at the Alamo on a regular basis they serve traditional mexican food the service is very friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Newbury Park, California
“New Menu!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I've been coming to the Alamo for quite a few years and I've always thought the food was hit or miss. NOW they have changed their menu and let me say I have been impressed with everything I've had so far. The new taco's a la carte menu is great - the cochinita pibil taco is by far my favorite, but I've also heard the cheeseburger taco is really good as well. The also have a new drink menu with some really tasty concoctions....

Visited July 2013