“Really good sushi, slow service”
Review of Sushi Yusho

Sushi Yusho
Ranked #23 of 93 Restaurants in Newbury Park
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Walked to this restaurant from Hampton Inn about a mile and half away. Glad I did. Although service was very slow, it took over half an hour to order and another 15 minutes to get my meal. The sushi though was huge first off, so be careful ordering. I barely got through what is normally just enough for me. Each bite was light and airy. They have all the usual sushi so an extensive list. Price is pretty good as well, only $40 for all I ate which is typically about $60 or $70 in my usual sushi restaurants.
On top of that, when I asked them to call me a cab for the trip back, it took so long for them to reach a company the owner offered to drive me back herself. I was impressed (and thankful) and she refused a tip for it. That makes my service rating high. All in all, a definite place to go

2  Thank BDL999_12

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I'm from out of town and was looking for a quick sushi lunch. By chance I stopped and had a great meal. My ginger salad was beautiful and topped with sesame seeds and a delicious wasabi dressing. I ordered a special roll with tempura jalapeño in the middle. I will never forget how delicious the jalapeño was with the tuna. All I can say was yum yum yum!!

2  Thank Jemento
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Sushi is a very personal thing - but we are consistently thrilled with the quality of the sushi here. The salmon and yellowtail are always the best. Stevesan, the owner - will recommend what he thinks is the freshest and best choice for the day, if you ask him. The Michael and Tracy roll is another favorite, because it has a touch of jalapeno in it to give it a nice kick. Since this is a family business it's all about the sushi, so don't be in too much of a hurry. Sit back and enjoy the best sushi around.

3  Thank Roadtripqueen2013
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The best choice you would ever have is the choose 3 items out of 9 for dinner box and 3 items out of lunch boxes. Lunch box $14.50, dinner box 21.95.
Try it for yourself and see the quality.

3  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant since they opened at this spot over 10 years ago.
I like their super quality dishes and sushi, price and porportions, and services.
The fish is super freshi. Most of the Japanese folks are coming here for their food that makes me good enough to believe that their kitchen food is authentic.
Try their lunches too. The chirash, nigiri, and special sushi is excellent and I give 5 stars for their quality.

6  Thank Paul H