“Consistently Excellent”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014

You can depend on Steve having the freshest sushi around. It's a small place and the friendly chef/owner is always on hand to prepare it.

4  Thank Ed C

Reviewed 30 June 2014

There are many Japanese restaurants in the area and Sushi Yusho is the very best. Great sushi, unique and delicious chicken teriyaki, nice family-run restaurant in very pleasant surroundings. We've eaten almost everything on the menu and it's all good. Service is very good as well. Japanese food is never cheap but you definitely get your money's worth here.

2  Thank 2CaliforniaTravelers
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My daughter and I went to Sushi Yusho based on a recommendation from a woman we met at a dim sum restaurant in San Francisco, funny since we had lived in Newbury Park for ten years without ever hearing any mention of the place. We now eat there 2-3 times a month and see someone we know each and every time, I've decided they just wanted to keep the place a secret. As other reviewers have mentioned, sometimes the service is slow...not always slow, but I would not recommend going there when you are in a hurry. Aside from the occasional dining delays, the folks at Sushi Yusho are always friendly and courteous and we have never been disappointed with the food. The miso soup is the best I've ever had, the sushi is always fresh and generously sized and they do something with roasted rice and tea that I find to be very satisfying. The interior is clean, comfortable, inviting and cozy.

2  Thank murphyd1
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Walked to this restaurant from Hampton Inn about a mile and half away. Glad I did. Although service was very slow, it took over half an hour to order and another 15 minutes to get my meal. The sushi though was huge first off, so be careful ordering. I barely got through what is normally just enough for me. Each bite was light and airy. They have all the usual sushi so an extensive list. Price is pretty good as well, only $40 for all I ate which is typically about $60 or $70 in my usual sushi restaurants.
On top of that, when I asked them to call me a cab for the trip back, it took so long for them to reach a company the owner offered to drive me back herself. I was impressed (and thankful) and she refused a tip for it. That makes my service rating high. All in all, a definite place to go

2  Thank BDL999_12
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I'm from out of town and was looking for a quick sushi lunch. By chance I stopped and had a great meal. My ginger salad was beautiful and topped with sesame seeds and a delicious wasabi dressing. I ordered a special roll with tempura jalapeño in the middle. I will never forget how delicious the jalapeño was with the tuna. All I can say was yum yum yum!!

2  Thank Jemento