“What a Treat!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport Beach
Casa de Balboa Beachfront
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa 227 for a week in November and it was truely amazing. The photos of the place are nice, but it is even better in person. The place is fully outfitted and so comfortable. And the location could not be better. Amazing view of the Bay from the patio and couch, and one block for the beach. The staff was so accomodating, even stopping by to fix a minor issue with the blinds. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Samantha D

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We searched for weeks to find a So Cal beach rental. Found Casa de Balboa and was impressed. Greg met us one day to check it out and found him to be outstanding. The Casa was beautifully furnished, well maintained and exceptionally clean. We spend most our time on the deck overlooking the inside beach, without the crowds and noise of the ocean front homes. It is a short walk to the pier and very good restaurants. Kayaks, bikes and Segways are just around the corner. It was a great week and sad to leave, but we'll be back...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We recently stayed in Casa 227 with our three daughters and had a wonderful week. The apartment is beautifully furnished and extremely well equipped with great attention to detail, including lots of stuff for the beach. It is a real home from home. The apartment is situated at the end of a lovely quiet street with great views of the sea. The beach, restaurants and shops are all within easy walking distance. Booking the apartment from England was very easy, Pam was extremely helpful and gave me lots of useful information about the area and things to do. Wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I consider it my second home! I have been coming for at least 7 years and rent the downstairs for my kids and stay upstairs in 225. Every year I go home and buy something I've seen in Pam's condos. From day one the presentation of her condos are spectaular, not to mention Greg and Pam. Every year I think I am going to try somewhere else but fall in love every time I walk in the door!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We liked Casa de Balboa so much, we are hoping to go back again. The owner responded to our initial inquiry very quickly, and gave us all sorts of information about dining, shopping and things to do in the area. We loved the location which was close to all of the action, but lovely and quiet. When we had an internet connection problem, the owner had a new router installed the next day! Can't say enough good things, especially on a cold, gray, wet day in the Midwest like today when all I can think about is when we can get back to sunny Newport Beach and Casa de Balboa.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We recently stayed for 2 weeks in Casa 229. I am usually disappointed with what I see when I first arrive at a holiday house, its never as good as the advertisement, however there was nothing to be dissapoint at Casa de Balboa. From the spectacular veiw to the superbly decorated villa, even the beautiful cutlery and crockery....we wanted for nothing. Beach chairs, umbrellas and beach toys were supplied for the beach in front so we didn't need to rough it for a minute. I loved the fact that hand soaps, salt, pepper, paper towel, laundry detergent etc etc (all the little things) were all there for us to use during our stay. The kids loved it just as much and keep saying "Mum when are we going back to the Holiday House". I wish there wasn't 22 hours worth of travel time between us or it would be very soon! Thanks Pam and Greg for making our stay most enjoyable and comfortable. We hope to visit again in s few years. The Davies Family :)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank JarvLock
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is one of the best places we've ever stayed. My wife is extremely picky and is already talking about coming back. The units are beautifully finished, and very well maintained. Safe location, with interesting events going on all around. Other locations in Newport Beach simply cannot compare to what you get here.

We were a group of seven people from Iowa sharing two units. This is a wonderful location, and can't be beat anywhere in Newport Beach. I know, because I rented a bike and rode all of the side roads and back alleys in this entire area. You should do this ride also. Be sure to tour Lido Island as well. Very interesting real estate if you have few million laying around.

Parking is at a premium in Newport Beach but this location has plenty of it. Quiet street and you have the tranquil harbor providing beautiful views from the units. The pounding ocean surf is a short two-block walk away. Everything you need to enjoy the water is already there. Umbrellas, chairs, towels and boogie boards. Use those boogie boards....so much fun.

The other reviews on this property are also very accurate.

Excellent restaurants are nearby and you can do several days here without a car, if you want. In addition to the bike, we rented a kayak, and an electric boat for a harbor cruise. All of this is within a couple blocks of this location.

Think twice before booking anywhere else.

Room Tip: Second floor units are three bedrooms and have a superior view, but the location is so good you can...