“Great Stay”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Grapevine, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was booked here for a work trip and ended up enjoying it so much I extended the visit for some personal time. The room service is great! and there are plenty of restaurants close by if you decide to go out as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Courtney Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Loved the atrium and it gave a wonderful first impression. The staff were very friendly.

The room was spacious and comfortable. There were no power outlets near the bed so I had to call for an extension cord for my CPAP machine. I now had a cord running across the room which was a tripping hazard.

The lights were hot, so they were not energy efficient. There was only 1 washcloth. I know I'm only one person, I usually use 2 when in a hotel.

Comfy bed with a thick down comforter and I loved the great firm pillow!

Strong shower pressure but watch the safety rail, I hit my elbow pretty hard as it was right in the way!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Walked in Saturday afternoon requesting a room for that evening. Very accommodating & helpful. Front desk staff was lovely & kind. The room was your standard hotel room. The only minus would be the bathroom size but hey, no real complaints. Easy access to the downtown Newport area as well.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Clinton twp mich, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very nice clean hotel in a great location. We were in the area for a wedding in Laguna Beach. Hotels recommended to us were all very expensive. So we went online for hotels in the area and this one came up with a 48 hour special on the rates and we jumped on it. Couldn't bet $139.00 a night and free parking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Linda S
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was in this hotel for a month during the August, actually I am still here. It is a clean well taken care of hotel that gets a lot of action from the near by airport so there is always something happening. However, I have to admit the West facing rooms (Which I am in) do get burst of air traffic noise a couple times a day. So if you are in bed before 10pm you should try to stay on the other side of the hotel. Also the internet... when I moved in it was free and fast. Then they switched to a free or pay service... Free became terrible. Browser errors and youtube basically retired. The only option? 19.95 a day. This just confirms they depend on over night airport guests not long stays because they have no weekly rates like the other hotels have. So may I have become to aware of the flaws by staying as long as I have. Either way... 20 bucks a day is $600 a month for average to decent internet use. A but steep.

Also the cabinets that the tv are in... get rid of those things they take up a ton of space look like the 80's and precent you from watching tv from the couch. Just hang that thing on the wall or small trendy night stand. It would look awesome

I would absolutely recommend this place for a weekend but I am not sure if I will use it for my month long stays again. I am on the fence. It was pretty good.

Ok my List of Pros and Cons
The Radisson Newport Beach

Pro-
-Large Spacious Rooms on the 7th Floor (the floor I was on)
-Very clean and quite hotel internally
-Excellent beds and linens, very comfortable
-Bathroom is also large and clean.
-Work desk near the window and couch with small coffee table
-Refrigerator and small coffee in room
-Lock Safe in room
-Good location in relationship to airport, fashion Island as well as Newport Beach
-Friendly Staff
-Excellent Room service
-Very quite Hotel after 10pm Rush (Airplanes landing)
-Free parking
-Active hotel good energy
-7th Floor has club access for breakfast and evening snacks
-Pool with poolside service
-Sunny area is large for a transit hotel
-Restaurant is excellent
-Exercise room is more then treadmills but not large

Con-
-The West facing side of hotel looks directly onto airport. During peak hours the noise is very noticeable and will distract you (I was here 30 days trust me)
-All Even numbered Rooms are on the west side. Stay in east facing side of the hotel.
-The doors are sturdy but do not lock without pulling them shut. There is a false click and you will come back to a door still open hours later. Always double-check
-The evening water and turn down service is inconsistent. I would say they came by 50% of the time.
-Internet. The first week it was free and fast. Then they changed their service and free became garbage… truly and fast was now 19.95 for 24hr. its 2014 it should be illegal to charge $20 a day for quality Internet on a 200 a day room. Just add it to your price so I don’t have to be reminded by it every 24hr for a month that I am paying over $400 just to get my emails in less then 10min.
-Business center, have to swipe a CC or pay cash to use the terminals (seriously)

Room Tip: Stay on the East if you are in bed before 10pm when the last flights arrive
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank woodske
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel last July. The hotel is old but clean. Beds are comfortable. Balcony is a big plus so you can smell the fresh air !

The staff is polite and overloaded. The safe didn't work. We asked the front desk to send maintenance folks to fix it but nobody came until we left. However, it was just a small detail.

Overall, we really felt good when staying at this hotel. Free parking and free Wifi are the big plus when staying in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Glastonbury, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was attentive. The location was close to the areas we planned to visit and convenient to the freeways. Due to the proximity to the airport, there was quite a bit of noise during certain times of the day. The room was not very noise proof in comparison to other airport hotels I have visited.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family