Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport, Newport Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsjohn wayne airportradisson hotelthe hotel is cleanuc irvinefront desk stafforange countyfree shuttleminute drivefashion islandquiznossnafreewaynewportproximitydisneylandlagunastarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I was at a conference in Newport Beach at the Radisson. I was supposed to stay at this hotel for 2 nights. I checked into my room and it sounded like the airport runway was in the room. So, I asked to see a quieter room. After seeing 3 rooms on different sides of the hotel, it was clear that there was no quiet side: you either hear the airport or you hear the airpor plus the traffic on the busy road in the back of the hotel. There is no soundproofing in the windows, etc. I eventually left and went to the Fairmont across the street.

The staff was very courtesous and said they would not charge me for any nights. They ultimately did charge my credit card by accident, but when I called, they reversed the charge. If you are a light sleeper, I would strongly recommend you run from this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank AMSWDB
Reviewed 5 July 2009

Located in the business district, so it is quiet on the weekends. We stayed here for 2 nights. And yes... the sight of John Wayne airport frightened me at first, but it wasn't so bad. Didn't hear them at all during the night. The room was large, clean and seemed recently renovated. The sleep number beds were comfy. The pool was nice, but a little cold. Didn't eat there, but there is a plaza down the road with a Starbucks and an awesome bagel place. It's not very close to Newport Beach, but is central enough to most places. Great value! Will go again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I think the fact that my room had bloodstained sheets should tell you this hotel isn't playing with a full deck. But., for a business traveller, it is missing a lot of elements. First, instead of springing for a gate / card system, they give you a tag you must place in your car to avoid getting it towed. An extra trip to the parking lot isn't a big deal, but if you're checking in late, it's a pain. Second, service was roboticlly pleasant, but not actually friendly. Again, not a big deal, but not welcoming. Third, many of the rooms are in a second building, which is a long walk away. Again, not a major deal, but just one more element that adds to a negative overall impression of the hotel. The bloodstained sheets were a special bonus that told me "never again," but your mileage may vary. Every hotel can have an off night or little hassles, but there were just too many for me here, and I'm usually pretty accommodating in my feelinsg about business hotels.

The room was small and unremarkable, looks like it was updated in the early nineties. There are sleep number beds, which you may like (the remotes make me think I'm in a hospital). It wasn't noisy and there is a bar open late, which is a plus. AC worked well and quickly, which is nice. Very reasonable bathroom amenities, although the towels are nothing special. Free wifi, which is nice. The sheets, when clean, are really pretty comfortable and there are good pillow selections (soft and firm).

Honestly, if it wasn't for the bloodstains, I could probably overlook the other hassles. But, hey, I just wrote a sentence that said "IF IT WASNT FOR THE BLOODSTAINS." That's just as freaking gross as it sounds. So, I won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I read a few bad reviews about this hotel before we stayed there, but I had a "Friday Night Free" deal, so I booked it and hoped for the best.....and GOT IT! Oh my goodness, the customer service was excellent, the beds and pillows were SO COMFY! Some reviews complained about airplane noise, but the don't fly at night, so it wasn't a problem. We also had the air conditioning on, so if they were flying until midnight or so, we couldn't hear them. We requested extra packets of coffee that were promptly delivered to our door, and then the front desk called us to make sure we got them. Really good service! The rooms and bathrooms were clean...and I'm pretty picky when it comes to this area. If I find a hair in the bed or bathtb - UGH!!!!!!!!! I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Even though I didn't swim in the pool, I checked it out, and it was beautiful (and outside!). The ONLY con was s-l-o-w, and often not working, Internet! That was a major bummer. Overall experience though, EXCELLENT! :)

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I stayed last april this year in Radisson and this is one of the best experience i ever had, not because of the ameneties that they provide or the economic price of the standard room but the friendly staff they have. They are very helpful, always smiling and the best thing is they acknowldege every guest that they see. Overall good location great service in a affordable price.

• Stayed: April 2009