Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
US$730
US$672
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$329
  • Restaurant
US$143
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$182
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$208
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$372
US$363
Marriott
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$228
US$191
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$197
  • Pool
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$390
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmall kitchenfull size fridgejohn wayne airportirvine areahome away from homeclose to the airportchecking ineasy accessnice roomper nightlocation is greatsouthern californiafashion islanduciconveniencenewport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The location was fantastic for me. I received a remarkable treatment at the hotel. I had a document to print and submit YESENIA assisted.

Also I forgot my iPad in my hotel room because I was running late, YESENIA brought the iPad to me at the airport. I was amazed by the kind gesture. For that I would be loyal to extended stay in any part if the world my business takes me.

• Stayed: February 2013
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for great review. I'm thrilled that Yesenia was able to provide the best customer service that you deserve. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have stayed here many times and have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. Great rates and the staff is exceptional. The front desk employees are very friendly and general manager Russ is always very professional.

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I came to this location which was conveniently located by the airport and at such a good rate. I had visited for the holidays and the staff was very attentive, very polite! My room was great for the amount I was paying and time of stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for staying with us at Extended Stay America Orange County - John Wayne Airport. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

This had everything we needed in a hotel. We were not looking for a resort or a place in which we would be spending lots of time.
We are here for 2 nights to celebrate Christmas with family in Laguna Beach, Ca ( 11 miles from this hotel)
This hotel in inland, not on the beach.

Yes, we would have like to have been a little closer to Laguna Beach but it's almost impossible to find a "reasonably" priced hotel in this upscale area.

PROS:
* Size of room, plenty large and clean. It has a small desk for the computer at one side of the bed with plugs right there where you need them without stretching your AC cord across the room as in other "fairly priced" hotels.
*27" Flat Screen TV
*Iron & ironing board
*Hair dryer
*Heater & AC, we didn't need either this time.
*Clock radio w/LED time display
*WI FI fabulous; An important feature for us. I had read in some other reviews that the upper floor's wi fi was not as good as lower ones. I mentioned this at check-in & the attendant said their system had been recently upgraded so it should be good in any room. We did get a ground floor room, however, #140, a corner room & we could park right outside the room & could see the car from the room.
*There was another small table w/one chair where one could eat. Another chair from the computer table could be pulled over.
*Oh, there was a "leather" lounger-chair". I liked using my laptop from this chair.
*Good Lighting, A small, round ceiling light was missing a cover, sounds tacky but we didn't even notice it until looking for "cons"
*KITCHEN has a full size fridge, toaster, small coffee maker, limited plates, cups cooking utensils.
*2 elect stove-top burners.
*Micro-wave oven

*LOBBY: Free "grab & go" breakfast from 6am - 9am. Others complained about this BUT we found it just fine & brought things back to our room to enjoy. Actually that was necessary because they do not have any place to eat in the lobby.
There were several flavor choices of micro wave oatmeal (not my favorite.) I prefer the real McCoy but hey, fair enough, 2 coffee choices, 3 liquid coffee creamer flavors, Chocolate Muffins, several choices of "health" bars, fresh apples, bananas (probably oranges too but we showed up just before 9am when they stop), nice sized strong paper coffee cups with sippy lids (ala Starbucks; we went back for seconds), they also had instant Sanka packets to use for later.
*BATHROOM has plenty of counter space & below the counter is a long open shelf for other stuff. No doors to cover this shelf....very easy access & convenient.
Nice sized soaps (no shampoo), plenty of towels.

CONS:
*Even though it was a Non-smoking room it still had a slight smell of ciggies.
*Shampoo not in the bathroom & needs to be gotten at front desk. Their normal procedure, I was told.
*I'm having a difficult time to find more "cons"

We booked this hotel using HotWire.com & got a price that was about $30 less per night than regular online price.
OH AND....we stayed there for Xmas Eve and Xmas night when they could have jacked up the price but didn't.

Room Tip: Because our room was a corner room maybe it was larger than others. We didn't get a chance yet to see one of the non-corner rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PanAmPatti
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently traveled to Newport Beach for business on short notice. On the day of my arrival I made a reservation at this hotel's website (Extended Stay America.com). Upon arrival, I found the front desk staff friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable, and best of all, it includes a kitchen and refrigerator. The cost was about $80 per night weekday, and dropped by $10 per night on the weekend. The hotel is located close to the Orange County airport, and within walking distance from several restaurants. Overall, I recommend this hotel to business travelers and families visiting the Newport Beach area where the planned stay is 4-5 days. I have stayed at 5 different area hotels prior to finding this hotel; I intend to return to Extended Stay America on Birch and Von Karman for business travel in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank William H
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Orange County – John Wayne Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.