“LOVED this place....”

Doryman's Inn
Brooklyn, New York
“LOVED this place....”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Doryman's this past Labor Day weekend (Aug 31- Sept 3) and from the moment we arrived until the very last second we were there - our experience was great!! Maryann (hope I am spelling it correctly) greeted us at the front desk and was such a nice friendly lady. I'm sorry i did not get the chance to say good bye to her (that's how sweet she was). Our check-in was smooth and fast and in a few minutes we were downstairs having a few cold ones at Blackie's with some of my fiance's friends. We had Room #3 which was a great room and the view.....amazing to wake up to every morning!!! I truly loved the service at the Doryman's because they accommodated on every aspect, especially upon our check out. We had a 9pm flight that Tuesday, but as you know hotel check outs are usually 11am/12pm. Doryman's worked with us and let us use another room that was not booked to store our luggage while we took advantage of the last hours we had in Newport AND so we could shower. Even if the room they let us use was booked, they still would have provided a guest room/shower with no problem. I would highly recommend Doryman's for its service, quaint rooms, their balconies/rooftop and last but not least...their location!!! They are located exactly where you want to be....unless you were to rent a house or something, but we're talking hotels here. If I ever return to Newport, I would definitely stay at Doryman's.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnDNYC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We celebrated one of the decade anniversaries and the Doryman's Inn is a fabulous place with great appeal, ambiance, service and location in Newport Beach. Great area for dining, wining, beaching, local shopping and snacking.

The Doryman's Inn is attached to the restaurant "21" that is superb with access to your room and a quaint patio for evening sipping and a quick breakfast (comp).
We loved the experience and service. We will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and great. Key is if you want direct access to the patio for the early par...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My best friend Kim and I spent tuesday through friday here for our annual birthday trip. I don't know why some people are never satisfied from other reviews. We had room 5 and it has 2 windows overlooking the ocean and pier. The staff bent over backwards if we needed anything like ice. The bed was sooo comfy and sheets were soft as a baby's butt! Great people watching! We slept fine despite life going on outside. Close to everything. I will def be back. I live in yorba linda ca but its nice to spend time at the beach. With houses on oceanfront charging 5 grand a week why not just stay here?

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank BELVEDEREGIRL
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We booked at the Doryman hotel for three nights so we could be in Newport Beach to attend a wedding of a friend and my wife was having the clothes she purchased from Nordstroms to ware to the wedding delivered to the hotel. When the package arrived the front desk clerk refused to accept it even though she knew we were staying at the hotel. So I called the front desk to speak to the manager and the same clerk said i could not do that until Monday. The clerk constantly talked over the top of me while trying to explain the dilema as my wife had nothing to wear to the wedding because of her mistake. This got me no where and after a slight argument she said she didnt care about my problem and was calling the police to remove us from the hotel. That never happened.
Obviously we will never return to this hotel and i'd suggest you dont stay here also.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Montanaaussie
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights mid May so it was just before school let out and was not too busy. That being said it was not loud outside like some reviews have said. I viewed the pictures on the website and could not really tell if this place was nice with old world charm or just looked dated. I was in awe of how beautiful my room was. The Bellagio room is huge and the bathroom is covered in marble. It is almost as big as the Jr suite we had in Vegas a few nights before. It does not feel like a B&B. It feels like a nice hotel. The only thing that makes it feel like a B&B is the size. With only 11 rooms its like you are the only guest some times. The front desk occasionally does not have anyone at it but a call to the displayed number always got us in touch when needed. The location is prime. You can not get much better than this. Great restaurant downstairs and across street. Be sure to keep the curtain closed while changing, it is only on the second floor so it is easy to view from the street. It got a little warm in the afternoon so the in room air condition was a great feature a lot of places on the beach don't have. One parking space is included across the street so no worries about finding a spot at night when everyone is out. I toured the whole balboa area (Segway nerd tour) and would not stay anywhere else unless it was a house on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Gonzonthemove
Torrance, California
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary . The place seemed nice but there are bars that surround the place . We got absolutely no sleep , the noise went on until 3am two nights in a row . If you are going to eat at the restaurant go with the steak , the lobster was horrible and very costly . People not very friendly . Very cheap owner, they do not serve any happy hour ( wine cheese or crackers ) Nothing !
If you are 21 have money and like to party , this maybe a spot for you .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
#7 of 17 in Newport Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,410 reviews
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,221 reviews

Been to Doryman's Inn? Share your experiences!