“Hidden gem but pricey”

Dining options: Reservations
California, USA
“Hidden gem but pricey”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

1st you are in Newport Beach so food is pricey. great hidden place behind spaghetti bender. very, very, very limited parking. reservations recommended. great menu with a great fresh variety for any taste. cool hip atmosphere. Beach across PCH. (p.s. I don't know how they got the location approved with "no parking?" recommended MeuterMedia

Arizona
“Absolutely LOVE this place.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I wished we lived closer so we could eat here all the time.
During a visit to Newport Beach, the hotel we were staying at recommended this place; so glad they did. This is a Foodie’s paradise. We had dinner Saturday night and shared an entree so we could also enjoy an app and dessert (berry and brie salad, hangar steak and banana choco chip bread pudding) and enjoyed it so thoroughly we had to stop again before we left town. This time, though all the breakfast dishes looked delish, we opted to split the lemon mascarpone french toast (amazing!) and mimosa “flight” (fun and clever).
There are fairly standard menu items to please the less adventurous, Eat Chow’s specials or even their twist on otherwise traditional meals is brilliant. Just reading the menu made my mouth water.
The place is surprising unpretentious and the staff is fabulous. Professional but casual enough to chat with at the same time. Also very efficient, a major plus. The location is a just bit off the main highway but most people coming here would be coming intentionally, not driving by. The place is clean, bright and light but cozy.
If you enjoy food with flavor and a bit of flair, I think you would be remiss not to stop here.

Huntington beach
“A little local eatery with top notch food service and value”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Eat chow is one of those places that is hard to pin down. I would describe it as diner meets classic continental, meets wild man in the kitchen. Now i must admit that may not be very helpful. Nor is the places humble exterior behind a classic restaurant called the Spaghetti Bender with a very non descript exterior. In fact it looks like the outside of a factory. But do not let that get in you way of trying the place. The food is very good.

Eat Chow has a varied menu with twists on the classics...for instance they serve a burger....but made from hand ground chuck, with carmelaized onions and house made pickles...on brioche..it is good , and thier home made chipotle ketchup is very good.

Againthey serve a classic belgian dish in season of mussles in buree blanc on shoestring fries best paired with a fantastic belgian white Einstock from Iceland!

They also serve a French Dip made from PRIME ribeye.

Now you may think the prices being on pacific coat highway in Newport with items like this may be on the silly side....they are...silly as in how can they do his at such reasonable rates?
The musles are 11 dollars the Burger 10 the turkey burger which is moist tasty and slapped with avacado and mre is 10 bucks.

A fantastic steak is under 20.

They have well thouht out beer and wine list.

So basically they cost about 2 dolars more the dennys..with far betteer food. Not a lot of ambiance,,,good service and nice people working there.

I have been here a few dozen times and only found one item i did not care for and that was the sloppy joe. I think i was stuck in my boyhood and did not apreciate good meat being made into a school cafeterial special. More my expectation level there thiers.

1 Thank BeachMike1
phoenix
“Great variety and cool atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We very much enjoyed our meal here. Very fresh tasting food and great service and atmosphere. We hope to return next time we are in the area.

Visited July 2014
Huntington Beach, California
“Glad I returned because my first experience wasn't the best”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

First time I went was terrible but my return visit was great. The first time I was here I ordered the Ahi Tuna Burger which was so bad. The fish was not cleaned properly, the blood line was never removed. In my first bite it was the most fishy taste I had ever had in my life. Since I have returned I have enjoyed everything. The Thai Beef Salad is something I have craved every day since I have had it. It has tons of beef and is a really good size salad for only $14. The garlic ginger dressing was so good. I will return and probably just avoid the fish.

• Visited June 2014