“Always a pleasure -- great food and service”
Review of Pescadou Bistro

Pescadou Bistro
Ranked #74 of 503 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: US$21 - US$51
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on a non assuming strip mall on Newport Blvd at the beginning of the Newport/Balboa peninsula near Lido, this is a cozy French restaurant family owned and operated since 1998. The sitting is casual yet elegant with tablecloth on the table. Authentic French menu a la carte and prix fixe menu as well. Nice wine list of mostly French wines.
Santa Monica, California
“Always a pleasure -- great food and service”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This was our third visit in several years. My husband ordered a green salad and then the rabbit moutard, which was very well-prepared. It was brought to the table in a heavy lidded pot and served onto the plate. I received a half-order cassoulet, also served in its own baking dish and covered with crumbs. Inside were a few slices of flavorful sausage, and some shredded duck leg. It was a perfect size and not overwhelming. We had great aperitifs: a "parfait amour" which I have never seen on a menu, not even in France. It was champagne with violet liqueur, divine! And my husband had a kir. Dessert was a heavenly, fluffy ile flottante (floating island made of merinque and almonds and cream). Our server was Parisian, very helpful, friendly, prompt and knowledgeable about wines. I wish this little bisto were in our neighborhood. We need such a place badly!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank JulieJ8

Southern Califonia
“Supreme food and ambiance”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Went with friends to this wonderfully authentic bistro and had a terrfic meal that was reminiscent of Paris. The mussels melt in your mouth!

• Visited April 2012
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Nice neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Food is authentic and quite good. Wine list offers very good wines at fair prices. Service is slow unless you are a local... Not sure I would go back.

Newport Beach, CA
“Like eatting at your French aunt's house”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Have been there lots of times and love it. Really comfortable and good food. Plus I was told that the health dept says that the kitchen is really clean. What more can you ask?

Visited February 2012
Newport Beach, CA
“Good and Not So Good”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

During our most recent visit for dinner the restaurant was very busy and appeared understaffed. Because the establishment is small, and was filled with patrons, it was also quite noisy. I ordered the Bistro Steak rare/medium rare and my wife ordered the chicken breast entree. The wait staff appeared to be overwhelmed by the amount of business. And, apparently the kitchen staff was also as it took over an hour to receive our food. My Bistro Steak was properly cooked and quite tasty...although chewy. My wife's chicken breast was over cooked and difficult to chew. We ordered a California red wine and it was not good. We were disappointed with the overall experience and, that is unfortunate, as the restaurant can be good and has good atmosphere.

• Visited December 2011