We were looking for a good and cheap hotel near the beach. We went in Holiday Inn Express because it was the closest hotel we could find at a reasonable price. We didn't have a reservation but apparently the front desk person told us that the only rooms they had available were the queen size accessible rooms. I checked online and they had the king bed rooms available at the same price that he gave us so i found that a bit odd. He also said that they usually charge for parking but he would give it us for free which was great but i wondered if they charge parking if you had reservations already. We took the queen size room thinking it wouldn't be that big a difference. They gave us the room all the way at the end of the hotel which when you left using the back exit it had a real bad smell. The smell away in the night when we returned from our day at the beach. The room was okay but not as good as other holiday inn express hotels we have stayed at. The refrigerator didn't work and we also had a weird shaped bathroom which i understood due to it being accessible. It was really big in space but the shower and sink were really small so you had this big open space where the toilet was at. So definitely lesson learned do not get the accessible rooms. The hotel entrances were also a bit off. You either had to go all the way to one end or the other to exit. Very long hallway and with the smell it made it difficult to walk so you had to run to the exit.
The hotel is located about 10 minutes away from the beach so that is the only plus we found.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Distinctively different, the Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach hotel is located across from Newport Beach Harbor, on exciting Mariner's Mile, a short drive to John Wayne Airport and walking distance to a wide variety of restaurants and entertainment. Come stay with us when you are attending some of Orange County's best events. Just minutes away from the OC Fair, Toshiba Senior Classic, Pageant of the Masters, Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade, Newport Beach Film Festival, Newport Boat Show, and the Taste of Newport Our professional staff is courteous, friendly, attentive and committed to making your stay fun, and memorable with first-class quality accommodations and legendary service to exceed your expectations. The Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach is also located near many top Orange County attractions such as Newport Beach Pier, Fashion Island, Balboa Island, South Coast Plaza, Disneyland, and the Orange County Fairgrounds. Newport Beach is also situated between two other exciting beach cities Laguna Beach and Huntington Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach Hotel Newport Beach
- Holiday Inn Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Holiday Inn