“Incredible Hotel!!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
california
“Incredible Hotel!!”
Reviewed 23 November 2007

First of all I just wanted to say thank you to the entire hotel staff for an INCREDIBLE stay. The staff goes so out of its way to provide everything you need. I was greeted by everyone working when I was there. It made feel so at ease and relaxed. Its not like staying at a Marriott or Hilton. Those two hotels its like they dont care how your doing after you check in. All they want is your money. But at the Bay Shores Hotel your'e greeted all the time by name and the front desk staff actually is great. They always asked how I was doing and if I ever needed anything to make my stay even more comfortable. I never seen such remarkable customer service from a hotel. The other hotel chains needs to take classes from the Bay Shores Hotel. I seriously know why now this is ranked # 1 in Newport Beach. Their customer service shines in all ways. I stayed in other hotels around the Newport Beach area and they have nothing compared to this hotel. i admit the hotel is not as big as the rest but remember small things come in small packages . This hotel has the best package you . Theres so many different ammenties and services here. I was very pleased . From wireless internet, baked cookies, continental breakfast, free car parking and did I mention how close they are to all the restaurants by the Newport Pier. You could actually walk to the pier and to the beach, their both only 3 blocks away from both.
Once again I would like to thank all the hotel employee's for such a wonderful time. I was so pleased with my stay that I mentioned it to a lot of my business associates to stay at Bay Shores instead of the Marriott Fashion Island. Before leaving I booked a week stay in thier family suite . Which you definitely have to go see, I was thankful that Scott was able to show me the room before I checked out. Now I could bring my family down on my next trip.

• Liked — How clean the rooms are!!!
  • Disliked — nothing at all
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
10 Thank pc40traveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
N.Y.
Reviewed 16 November 2007

I just have to say this is has been one of the most memorable vacations my family and I ever been on. The Bay Shores Hotel is so unique in its own little way. When you first walk in to the lobby you feel right at home, the hotel is so cozy. The entire staff at the hotel goes out of its way to help guests. Its amazing how this staff works as one. The two guys at the front desk Ralph and Scott were so helpful . They showed us around the hotel property and gave us several restaurant recommendations. For a small hotel property it goes out of its way more than a 5 star hotel!! My family and I left for dinner and what we did'nt expect was a turn down service they offer for the evening. I was so amazed that a hotel still does that. Before I forget to mention the rooms at this hotel are so Clean. I've never seen a hotel room so well decorated , it had fun atmosphere that went well to the beach scene.
What we liked also about the hotel is the location. The beach is only less than 2 blocks away just the like the bay marina. The Newport Beach Pier is a 3 minute walk which we loved since we didnt have to drive anywhere. Just left our car at the hotel the whole entire time. Saved money on gas and looking for parking spaces. All the restaurants were walking distance also all close by the pier. The Front desk clerk, Scott gave us several different options in restaurant near by which he recommeneded. Which were all great choices.

• Liked — Entire Hotel Staff and the location
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
10 Thank Emilio212
New Mexico
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Thank you Ralph, Clay, and Bruce for another fantastic stay at your wonderful hotel. The service is exceptional, the rooms are so clean. I always look forward to the good complimentary breakfast. (I appreciate that hot sauce for my breakfast burrito!) We used the lawn chairs (loaned to us) every night to watch the phosphorus plankton at the beautiful beach. The ocean is just accross the street. This place and these people are 100% in my book! Regina and I hope to see you again in 2008. Mary Ann C.

Stayed October 2007
8 Thank OnholidayNewMexico
ontario,ca
Reviewed 25 October 2007

I recently stayed here last weeknd with my family because it was father's bday. I got room 100. the suite felt like home. the suite was very clean but i slept on the sofa bed. i think they should get a new sofa bed because when i laid down i sunk in the bed. so i had to get extra pillows and blankets. thats the only negative thing of my experience there. other than that everything was lovely. especially scott!!! he was very helpful and accommodated our needs. he got us plenty of blankets and pillows. he went out his way and surprised us by setting up our tablet when we got back from dinner because i had got my father a bday cake. he is one of a kind. we couldnt thank him enough for all the things he did for us. i highly recommened staying here.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
8 Thank aznkitty01
carson,ca
Reviewed 23 October 2007

My family and I just decided to take a little weekend trip so we decided to head down to Newport Beach and im sure glad we did. When I was booking the hotel for the stay I doubt the hotel will be as nice since it was only classified as a 2 star. Who ever rated this hotel must of been blind and ignorant. This hotel was no less than a 4 star. The staff was excellent from housekeeping to the front desk. One person stood out the most for me and my family. He was doing everything at the hotel basically. His name is Scott. He works at the front desk at the hotel , he was so wonderful during our stay at the hotel. My husband thought he was like Superman. He would check people into the hotel, valet cars,conceierge, and maintance around the hotel. We saw him park cars for guest who couldnt find parking in the lots, answer people questions and take reservations. Later that evening we saw him with a changing light bulbs and fixing guests bathrooms. Just watching him made us tired and ashamed. He's the one who needs a vacation. My husband asked him was that part of his job description he said only on the weekends and he's there as a team player. We offered him a job at your company but he just smiled and said he's happy wheres he's at.
This hotel is the cleanest my family and I ever seen. The rooms are so bright and it was immaculate. I only wish my house was this clean.It made me look bad in front of my entire family.If you ever stayed at t is hotel then you know what im talking about.
We had such a great time at the hotel and in Newport Beach that we booked an entire weeks stay next month as well. We'll be coming back every year .
My family and I found a New Home away from home!!!!

• Liked — it was extremely clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank snowboarder562
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed 21 October 2007

I used tripadvisor to find this place, and boy I'm sure glad I did! What a great location. This is exactly the kind of unassuming and non-corporate place I like to stay in. I was working, but it was like being on vacation also. The entire staff was cordial and enthusiastic, even the night crew. They've got free high-speed internet in the rooms, and a great movie lending library. There were no extra charges for ANYTHING! They bake cookies every day. Each night I walked along the beach to a different restaurant. I'm not sure how I feel about Orange County, but it was a lot nicer while staying here. I really enjoyed myself. Thanks due to Clay for the full service. The restaurants in the area are great too. Stay here when you come to Orange County.

• Liked — Spotless and charming rooms, beautiful and quiet location, AMAZING SERVICE
  • Disliked — It's in Orange County
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
8 Thank CarmenJourney
los angeles
Reviewed 9 September 2007

Very friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way for us in finding a secure place for my husband's bike and setting up breakfast early so we could enjoy the fresh hot coffee and breakfast burritos before we left for the triathalon my husband was participating in at 5:30 am!! Very clean, very pleasant sunny room with a view of the ocean and the bay. Convenient short walk to the Newport Pier and restaurants. Loved our stay there and will be back again soon for a weekend getaway!

• Liked — Very helpful and friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing to dislike
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Newport Beach Hotel
Newport Beach Hotel
#11 of 17 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,205 reviews
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas

Been to Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel? Share your experiences!