Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$219
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$167
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$175
  • Restaurant
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$248
  • Pool
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$156
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$191
  • Pool
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$185
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$372
US$361
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$335
US$306
US$672
US$480
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop deckbeach equipmentboogie boardsfresh baked cookiesafternoon cookiesacross the streetcd playersmall hotelfeed the meterwelcome cardfree beachwithin walking distancedaily newspapercity lothard boiled eggscontinental breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2012

After a terrible experience a few years back I have made it a point to read reviews before making reservations any where. I am sooo glad I did so this time as everything I read came to fruition. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Very comfortable bed and very well kept premises. Before I left I reserved two more days for the coming summer. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Not disapointed with our accomodations here. Nice and friendly staff. Clean rooms and charming hotel. Breakfast and coffee to start the day and a rooftop lounge to watch the sunset. Location - 1 block to the beach and restaurants within walking distance. Nice personal touch with postcards from the staff! We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2011

As one other review put it, this hotel feels like a bed and breakfast. There are many plusses from the location, to the deep pile carpets in the room, the array of beach stuff for guest use, the free dvd library, the atmosphere of the place. The rooms are small but well designed and furnished, a good flat screen tv with DishNetwork. There is a free breakfast, though only three tables available and the hot items don't include vegetarian options, but there's a generous selection of cereals. The beach is half a block away and many area restaurants within easy walking distance. Our service varied, grumpy on checking in and getting better with each day. It gives you a thoroughly pleasant stay virtually on the beach.

Room Tip: Make sure to get up to the roof (above the third floor) for a spectacular view of the ocean and beach. Great to do so at sunset.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I was impressed by the attention to details throughout my stay - from a warm welcome, to an incredible recommendation for dinner at Sol Grill Restaurant, turn down service complete with chocolates!, a comfortable bed, nice amenities, free DVDs and a one-block walk to the beach. Only there for 1 night, I wished I had allowed more time there. It is located on a busy street, which was the only negative. I plan to return again.

Room Tip: Top floor with partial ocean view was worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ProvenceNWSeattle
Reviewed 1 December 2011

The hotel was about what I expected. I read the great reviews, but by the looks of the place I knew it wasn't going to be luxurious. We got a free family upgrade to the 2 room suite- which was fabulous. The kids didn't seem to mind the loud party going on next door at a private rental - and we couldn't hear it back in our room. The freebies were great - free afternoon cookies and snacks, somewhat current dvds, sand toys, beach chairs, and beach towels. The breakfast was pretty good for continental fare.
The staff were amazing. Warm, helpful, kind to the kids, all smiles.
The location was perfect for us - just across the street from the beach- but it is on the one major street. We parked the car and walked everywhere all weekend - even to the ferry to Balboa Island (btw - the Fun Zone is way overrated and stinky).
My only complaint would be the beds. My husband and I both have sensitive backs and we woke up sore each morning. We don't really expect the best beds in this price bracket, but it sure would ensure that we would return.

Room Tip: If you want a private balcony you need to book a suite. The other 'balconies' are in common use areas.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MAKDup
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I'm glad you had a great time at the beach in Newport Beach, and that we lived up to most of your expectations. However I am sorry about about your sleep quality. In checking with our supplier I've found that the soft pillowtop feature of our mattresses may be too soft for some folks with back problems who require a more firm bed. In order to firm up our beds when requested, it's been suggested that we insert a board between the mattress and the box springs, and I'd be happy to arrange this for you on your next visit, please let me know. Thanks again for staying with us, hopefully next time we can solve this problem. ---Fred Pratt, Owner