“Nice Resort - Very Noise -Bring Ear Plugs”

Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
San Jose, California
“Nice Resort - Very Noise -Bring Ear Plugs”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The resort was very nice. It was as I expected. But the room I had on the first floor was very noisy. I had difficulty sleeping at night. I actually liked the first floor but wish they could control the noise. The services that I received were excellent, but they charge for everything and it was pricey. The location was convenient to Huntington Beach where I attended a wedding. There is nearby shops too.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms on the first floor...too noisy. But closer to the lobby, there is free wifi.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank raulofca
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your great response! I'm sorry to hear about the noise you experienced on the first floor. I will make sure our security team works on managing noise better. We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

After the Hyatt Irvine changed to Hotel Irvine, started to stay at the Hyatt Newport. Overall great location and facility with excellence service. They are going through a renovation/update and look forward to seeing the expanded exercise facility. Be warn - resort fees and parking fees drives up the cost quick. And this Hyatt may call itself a resort, but it is not. This is the main reason for three star.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelStay14
It’s great to hear that you always experience great service at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. Our new fitness center looks beautiful and will be open May 23 to all of our hotel guests. We hope you area able to enjoy our new work-out facility on your next trip. I apologize that our property doesn’t meet your criteria for a resort. We do offer the following amenities that are all included in the resort fee: Complimentary Wi-Fi in all guestrooms for up to 6 devices, 2 bottles of water per day, green fees included, access to the Stay Fit gym, complimentary bike rentals, computer stations in lobby with free printing, Beach valet kit rentals, Complimentary shuttle to Fashion Island, Balboa Island, and the Airport, Local and 800 calls in guestroom, Kids cup for beverages in our outlets, shuffle board, table tennis, and oversize chess games. We also offer three great pools and a fun water slide great for children.
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I attended a conference at the hotel in May. Thank you Ziana for coming to the rescue! My check in was delayed on a record high temperature day in Newport Beach. You came along with a friendly smile and word to the somewhat overwhelmed front desk. The hotel is clean and recently renovated in soft , muted beach tones. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The restaurant Shor serves a lovely breakfast, great coffee too. The hotel shuttle is a welcome amenity. I would have appreciated better directions from the front desk staff in using the hotel shuttle. When I called the hotel's front desk to ask where to pick up the shuttle at Balboa Island, I was told it was "just before the bridge"...which corner? When calling from the airport...it picks up "outside baggage claim"...which door? I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Obgrnp1
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear you were able to enjoy our property and SHOR restaurant. I will make sure our front office does a better job with explaining the drop off and pick up areas for our hotel shuttle. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family stayed at this hotel which was near the starting line of a marathon my son was running. They offered a free shuttle for runners to the start line, which was a helpful perk. The hotel also offers free shuttles down the road to a spot across from Balboa Island, and the large shopping mall across the road. The room was nice with two double beds. We had to request a microwave and coffee maker as they weren't in the room when we arrived. The bathroom had louvered doors, which doesn't provide the privacy most people prefer, but other than that, the room met our needs. The lobby area includes a Starbucks breakfast area in the morning, and a bar setup the rest of the day, with snacks available for purchase. Off from that area, there's a library/tv room with coffee table type books and a tv mounted behind a mirror wall. Off from the lobby area, outside, there's a veranda with seating and steps leading down to the large pool with slide and a good number of chaises. On the veranda, there is a pair of ducks who wander around quacking looking for crumbs...cute addition.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
It’s great to hear that you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle for the Marathon runners. We hope you are able to come visit us again in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The property was beautiful, very clean. The only thing I did not like is that the self parking is across the bridge. I normally don't use or trust valet. However, Chad the valet was awsom. The concierge was very nice but, did not inform us of the shuttle service into downtown so we walked, but was able to catch the shuttle back. The restaurant is brand new, the menu is very small for lunch. I would recommend dining there for dinner you have more options. The room was large and had a partial view of the ocean I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QRrockin
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was at a conference at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach in February 2014, and it was a delightful experience. The hotel is spread out over a large area that is beautifully landscaped. I stayed in one of the buildings that had a view of the marina from my balcony. I specifically asked for a quiet room since I'm a light sleeper, and one of the farther buildings was quiet and perfect for me. There are various swimming pools for different buildings, and I was impressed to see that each was equipped with a chair lift for disabled people--something I had never seen before. To get to my room every day I walked past a large outdoor chessboard and a lovely fountain--treats for the eyes every day. The staff was very helpful, and parking was only $10 a day, much cheaper than most other CA hotels. The food in the indoor and outdoor restaurants was excellent, and the bar with the fire behind it was fun at the end of the day. I can't wait to visit this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room in one of the buildings not attached to the main hotel bu...
Green Features: Excellent--landscaped with local plants and local produce in the salads
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sarah M, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
It’s great to hear that you were able to relax outside and enjoy Newport Beach's great weather! We hope to see you soon!
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here on business and it was gorgeous getaway. Staff was excellent and very accommodating. Rooms were impeccable and nicely furnished. The bathroom was spacious and well lit - hard to find in a hotel. Lots of green space and places to relax outdoors. It was easy to find a quite place and just read without being disturbed.

Room Tip: Opt to face away from the parking lot. Plenty of good views elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. It’s great to hear that you had a nice stay while on business. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview
#8 of 17 in Newport Beach
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas

Been to Hyatt Regency Newport Beach? Share your experiences!