Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
US$186
US$181
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$390
US$259
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$225
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$219
  • Restaurant
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$156
  • Restaurant
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$186
  • Breakfast included
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$480
Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$214
US$785
US$446
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$341
Orbitz.com
1,820 results
All reviewsshor restaurantbalboa buildingfashion islandjazz festivalgolf courseshuffle boardlobby barself parkbeautiful groundsbike rentalsnice propertyorange county airportmain buildingjohn wayne airportfree shuttleshuttle servicefitness center
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I've stayed here before a few years ago and would not have gone back if they hadn't remodeled. My expectations were pretty high since it was recently done and by the caliber of their new hotels the Andaz. I returned to find that the lobby and bar have a fresh new high end look, very nice. The rooms and common areas are pretty much the same though. They did a half way remodel, only changing paint, carpet, drapes, and new bathroom fixtures. The furniture is mostly the same run down ones that were there years ago. Our dresser draws wouldn't stay shut, the bed squeaked, no high def tv, white walls with the same pictures from before reno that don't match current decor, curtains that only open from one side, and I could go on. The $19 resort fee makes you think you are at a resort, but once there you rethink that. $32 for valet parking or $22 for self parking in the next state.

Good things were the bar help (Atchara), free bottled water in room, amenities like bikes and beach gear, water pressure galore, and that's about it. Oh yeah, location is the best, which many people seem to start with in their reviews. We love Corona Del Mar and Newport Beach, so this really is a great destination but really didn't love the changes made at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank knll68
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We truly appreciate you responding on trip advisor. Our goal is to meet all guest’s expectations when staying with us at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. I want to apologize that we failed to meet some of yours. We are defiantly different from our Andaz Brand. Every Hyatt brand (Hyatt Regency, Park Hyatt, Andaz, Hyatt Home, Hyatt Place) all target a specific market. Andaz is a boutique style hotel that offers a completely different experience then any other. I completely understand why you enjoy that brand. I hope you were able to utilize all our resort activities we offer on property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the area and visiting Corona Del Mar. Please feel free to call us if you need anything at all.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We had to pay a resort fee of $35 for Internet and a bunch of stuff that we didn't use on top of that we had to call to the several times to get towels. Walls thin, good was very over priced and service was terrible in the food area.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Debbie F
Sarah M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

I'm sorry to hear we didn’t meet all your expectations for your stay. Our resort fee is $19 and it includes Internet for up to 6 devices, bottled water, bike rentals, green fees on our golf course, beach valet kits, shuttle rides to the airport, Fashion Island and Balboa Island, local and 800 calls, kids cup for beverages in all our outlets, access to our newly renovated StayFit gym, mini I pad rentals and computer work stations with free printing. If you have any questions about charges, please feel free to contact our front office to take a look at your folio to make sure everything looks correct.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The quality of the hotel, the location and the service were all excellent. I was slightly worried having read earlier reviews, but these people really need to get a life and stop spening their time looking for things to complain about. Special note should be made of Felix in the resturant at breakfast. He always made us all welcome and after three days already knew what our drinks order would be, Angel was also great with the family.
The receptionists could never do enough for you. As it was my son's birthday while we were out there he wanted to go to a water park. But as these soft Californians dont thinks 70/80 Deg is warm enough they were all closed. Anyway the receiptionest suggest we go go-karting, and he phoned and booked for us. Also there was a card, cookies and a drink for us all when we returned. So all in all a great experince and would recommend a stay there

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
1  Thank tang043

It’s wonderful to hear that our front desk agent was able to make your son’s birthday memorable. Thank you for taking the time to write a response on trip advisor highlighting your wonderful stay. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The location is a very short distance to Balboa Island and to Balboa beach .The room was good size and had a good view . We ate out back in the morning got our breakfast at the Starbucks we were taking pictures and then left we were checked out and drove about five miles then I saw I didn't have my good camera. We went back I looked out back the G.M. was there he called room service to check the room and the front desk which is where someone handed it in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your great response on trip advisor. We are so happy to hear that your camera was recovered safely. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Overall I had a good experience at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach. For the most part everything was up to par. I was very impressed that they had chosen to drain and turn off their fountain in view of the severe draught CA is having. Until, we were checking out and a guest was drying off his truck with a pool towel at the entrance to the lobby. I realized why as I returned to my car to find it soaking wet from the sprinklers for their landscaping. I'm not talking a bit of water but more like a huge rainstorm came over the parking lot. As we are currently battling several fires in SD County I feel it is completely irresponsible of the Hyatt to allow their irrigation system to waste such a vast amount of water.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CESMPT

Thank you for your concern for the California drought. Our hotel is dedicated to conserving water on property. We have reduced our landscaping water use. We have also educated our staff on water conservation measures throughout the hotel. I am very sorry to hear the sprinklers got your car very wet. I will have our team look into the sprinklers and make sure they are working correctly and being scheduled at the right time.