“Definitely will be back!”

Little inn By The Bay
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We were at the Little Inn by the bay for our 33rd wedding anniversary. This was our first visit to the hotel. The location was perfect for us. We were able to walk to all the places we wanted to go to. The room was clean and comfortable and the amenities were appreciated. The only (minimal) complaint was that the HBO channel did not come in clearly. Little Inn by the bay will definitely be on our list for a return visit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grannymle
Little I, Manager at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Grannymle,

I want to personally thank you for the nice comment you have posted about our hotel. I am so happy that you have chosen to spend your 33rd wedding anniversary with us, considering that you have a smorgasbord to choose from. You are correct about our being centrally located and being within walking distance to many restaurants and bars, not to mention the beach, which is a short couple of blocks away. I might as well mention here that our hotel was fully renovated 2 years ago and we continue to receive compliments about the way our rooms are. My night staff did mention the TV reception interference that you reported. I have directed our engineer to look into the problem. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix. Please accept my apology for that. Lastly, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I recently spent a get away weekend at the hotel and had a fantastic time. The rooms have recently been updated and are modern, clean and very comfortable. We had our own balcony to relax on after walking most of the day on the beach. The location is perfect; close to many great restaurants and the beach is only a couple of blocks away. The staff are professional and very helpful. A good value for a beach hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear lovetotravelAltaLoma,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. Our hotel was renovated just last year, a fact still reflected in the quality of our rooms. I cannot help but brag a little about our location. We are centrally located, all bars and restaurants in the Newport Beach area are within walking distance. The beach is a short couple of blocks away. It sounds to me like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and for that I am beyond happy.There is nothing more rewarding to me as a hotelier than to see a guest take the time to write how much he/she enjoyed their stay with us. My staff and I cannot wait for your next visit. Thanks, again, from the bottom of our hearts.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here with my 3 very young grandchildren and their parents. Had a great time. Rooms are clean and appear to be updated. I rented two rooms and the staff made sure our rooms were close together. Staff was very polite and helpful. Hotel is block and a half from the beach...that was the joy. This is a wonderful beach location. Hotel provides beach toys for the kids. Chairs to take to the beach. Bikes to ride. No extra charge. This is a very affordable hotel. Walked to the Cannery for dinner so excellent dining within walking distance. Hotel is on a busy street....if you want quiet and seclusion don't stay here. Having said that it was not THAT noisy. I could say more but will stop now. I will definitely stay at this hotel when traveling to this area again. Thank you to the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear gmkline,

First of all, I am very happy to hear that our empowered staff went out of their way to accommodate your family's needs and that they treated you well. It is nice to know all that training was put to good use. Secondly, I appreciate the wonderful comments that you wrote about our hotel. We are centrally located, we have complimentary amenities such as beach cruisers, beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards for our guests to enjoy. I hope that your grandchildren enjoyed the beach toys as well. The beach is a stone's throw away from our location and so are all the restaurants and watering holes that one can imagine. From what I hear, you have a wonderful family and we are certainly looking forward to your next visit. The staff and I send our regards.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed one night as I passed through newport area. Room was spacious and overall clean. AC cooled the room for a comfortable nights sleep. Road traffic outside is noticeable. Great mexican food restaurant across street.

• Stayed: September 2013
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Dear OhioBucks,

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located right smack in the center of Newport Beach night life, where "everywhere" is within walking distance from us. You are right about El Ranchito, the Mexican restaurant just across the street. There is, as well, a ton of other places to eat and drink nearby. The beach is also just a couple of blocks away. Our rooms are practically brand new, having been recently refurbished.Thanks, again, for the nice comments and we cannot wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had an excellent time here it was across the street from the beach and sooo many resturants to enjoy !! If you are lucky enough to schedule the balcony over looking the city as well as the beach you will never want to leave. I felt like this was my home and the beach was my pool. It was very memorable i loved it . Perfect lil getaway so close by.

Room Tip: Definitely try the rooms on the balcony over looking the beach and all the people passing by. The su...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Eleanor R,

Thank you so much for your generous feedback. We love hearing that you think of us as your "home" and that you had a "very memorable stay with us". Those comments are what any hotelier live for. Congratulations on your recent nuptials and we are extremely happy that we had a hand in making your honeymoon "very memorable". We are all looking forward to your next visit, on your first wedding anniversary, perhaps? Let us know and we will hold The Newport Beach Suite (balcony & jacuzzi) for you.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Little Inn has very nice rooms and furnishings, and Gita in the office couldn't be nicer. The room had an excellent shower, a totally comfortable bed, large plasma TV, free wi-fi, small frig, microwave, coffeemaker. We were on the street level in the middle of summer and did not experience exceptional noise. No breakfast is provided, but by walking across the street you're at McDonald's, Subway, or a full-service donut shop. Free bikes, short run to the sand ... We were very pleased with our visit.

Room Tip: Room 17 was great!
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Little I, Owner at Little inn By The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear ryansgrandma,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us wonderful feed back. First of all, it was my great pleasure to be of service to you. It is quite fulfilling to hear that the amenities we have put in the rooms are appreciated by our guests and are being put to good use. I also want to thank you, much like the previous reviewer, for confirming that we are a quite hotel for the most part. Although I must emphasize that we are centrally located, thus, within walking distance to any restaurant or watering hole in the Newport Beach area, not to mention the beach itself. Thanks again, ryansgrandma and we hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

It was a very enjoyable stay. Outside was very appealing. Decor inside very nice. Walking distance to the beach. Room had all the comforts of home. Micro,coffee pot,Fridge,iron and board+blow dryer. Beds comfortable. Complex quiet. Easy to find,parking space for all occupants.patio . Convienece store next door. Donut shop across the street. All you need is right close including the sand. see ya next year. Phil,Moe & Kayla Ann.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Sidnut,

It is wonderful to hear from you. We renovated our hotel about 2 years ago and it is nice to hear that you like what we have done, inside and out. I'm glad that you like our in-room amenities as well as our proximity to everything else in the area. I am especially grateful of your mention that our hotel is a quiet one, for that is exactly what we are during most times of the week, except Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights when the party scene breaks loose. Thanks for getting the word out there. Keep in touch and we look forward to your return visit.