“Friendly staff and comfortable stay”

Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were there for a company sponsored business trip. Some of the conference seminars were overcrowded. My thoughts are this was more the conference coordinators responsibilty more than the hotel itself. As far as the hotel, it was well maintained and in a nice location. Staff was friendly, in particular was the valet who summoned a taxi for us, provided a map of places to go, and instructed the taxi driver where to take us so we could see some of the sights on route. As far as amenties, my only issue was no mini fridge in the room. The hotel informed us they were first come first serve and they were out.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at The Newport Beach Marriott hotel and Spa. The accommodations were amazing at this suite as was the view. Very comfortable rooms with all the amenities. Most comfortable bed I have slept in at any hotel. Rooms, hotel guest areas, and grounds were spotless!

My room's Balconies overlooked the Upper Newport Bay and the The Newport Beach Country Club Golf Course. Also, great views of the Beach in the distance. The staff were amazing and Very friendly and engaging with the guests. Breakfast was excellent on the concierge floor. Well managed property!

In my opinion this is the best hotel in Newport Beach and one of my very best hotel's in Orange County. Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kypros73
DebbieSnavely, General Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the amazing review! Your positive comments are what every General Manager loves to see, and the experience we strive to provide every guest, every day. I’m so glad the property exceeded your expectations and you experienced our fantastic hospitality and service. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Newport Beach or Orange County!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great central location. Pool is nice. Across the street from some high end shopping. It's your typical Marriott décor but definitely local to a lot of great stuff. Breakfast buffet is really good, but a bit on the pricey side.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My friend and I needed a close spot for a relaxing overnight away from the family. Newport Beach Marriott was the perfect choice!

We had a delightful check-in with a friendly Front Desk clerk who was not only personable but quite funny. He even gave us an upgrade to an ocean view room which was lovely.

Our double room was well appointed and has a refrigerator which is a bonus! We brought our own wine and water. There is also a small deck so you can enjoy the fresh ocean breezes (and critique the golfers below if you so choose).

What worked out great is the ability to walk across the street for shopping and restaurants at Fashion Island. The no-driving aspect was sure a plus.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for an upgrade to ocean view upon check-in!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank octwinmommy
DebbieSnavely, General Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. I’m thrilled to hear you and your friend received an upgraded room, making your night away even more enjoyable! I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. I know you have several hotel options in your own city, so it means even more that you chose to stay at our hotel. Thank you again for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Two nights for a wedding party and all went smoothly. The pool was relaxing (except for the rap music that played all day) and we enjoyed a drink by the fire pit one evening. All very clean and comfortable. We were just across from the mall and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ocean and pool view were very nice
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It’s wonderful to see you thoroughly enjoyed your weekend with us! Weddings are such an exciting time for everyone involved, and we love being a part of them. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of the amazing staff and cleanliness of the property. Those are two things in which we take the most pride. I also appreciate your constructive feedback about the pool music. That is something I will look at in more detail in order to ensure we’re providing the best ambience for our guests. Thank you again for your review. I hope we’re able to welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Just ok. Said the room was newly renovated and we were the first to stay in the room. The comforters were not new. Holes in them and feathers flying everywhere I went to wash a load of laundry and the washers flooded. I reported it to a housekeeper who said she would get some help but no one ever came. We got the feeling since we were in an older part of the hotel that we were the outcast. Probably would not go there again.

Stayed: April 2014
DebbieSnavely, General Manager at Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for your less than excellent experience. The hotel just completed its guest room renovation project and we are so excited for our guests to stay in the new rooms. It disappoints me to hear you did not get to fully enjoy yours. We take tremendous pride in the quality and cleanliness of our product, and the condition of the comforter in your room is unacceptable. I will address this with the Housekeeping department to make sure it’s no longer in that room, as well as make sure all other rooms are checked. I will also have Engineering make sure our laundry facilities are fully functioning. We would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back and show you what a Brilliant stay at our hotel feels like. Please contact me directly if your travels bring you back to Newport Beach.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We have stayed at this Marriott numerous times and each time gets better and better!! Staff is well trained and provide superior customer service. We were in a room in the main building - high floor overlooking pool and full ocean view!! Beautiful! Spa is great, dining is very good and the valets are great as well
This hotel is near everything- a perfect southern CA choice!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple