We stayed at this hotel recently while attending a conference in the hotel. It's an interesting hotel with five (?) separate buildings, each somewhat different. The main building (Harbor Pointe) has a set of rooms around a central atrium, but although the rooms have been updated the building is showing its age. We stayed in the tower with the Concierge Lounge (Pacific Pointe), which seemed much newer, and our room had a great view of the golf course and the ocean in the distance.
Our room had a very comfortable bed with feather pillows, comforter, and individual reading lights, a nice desk and chair, a lounge chair, and a small refrigerator. Over the course of our visit the wireless internet was very spotty, with techs first coming out to reboot a router in the hall, then to install a new router in our room, and later to reset something on yet another occasion.
We were attending a conference in the hotel, and the conference facilities were excellent -- comfortable meeting rooms of various sizes, good A/V, and the Sea View Terrace was a great location for evening receptions.
For those who are Marriott Elite members, the Concierge Lounge was very nice (but ask for a room in that tower!). The lounge has a variety of small tables, a couple of arm chairs, and a "bar" style table along the window with a great view. Breakfast included fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, bacon, and assorted breads. Evening hors d'oeuvres included cheese and crackers, veggie sticks with ranch dressing, and a couple of hot appetizers. Wines and beers were available for a small charge, desserts were available later in the evening, and coffee, bottled water, and sodas seemed to be constantly available. Unfortunately, our initial impression of the Lounge wasn't great -- our server the first evening wasn't very friendly and was VERY slow to replace empty wine bottles, so much so that some guests gave up waiting for him to return. However, our server for the rest of our visit (Josephina) did a great job and definitely made us feel welcome.
In summary, this is generally a very nice hotel but we did encounter some minor problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Priceline, Marriott, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Newport Beach