If you are expecting the uber luxury of a normal Fairmont experience you will be disappointed. The Newport Beach Fairmont was added to the portfolio in 2005. It was not built as a Fairmont and despite a large upgrade at the time it still isn't on a par with other Fairmonts we have stayed at.
That said, we loved the Newport Beach Fairmont for what it is, a great hotel with good facilities, convenient for the highways and John Wayne Airport. It is well built, you get a great room and it is an ideal base for touring Orange County. Another important point is that the rates can be very good if you are flexible with dates.
1. Location - excellent base for driving Orange County
2. Beds/linens - first rate, you will get a great sleep and wish you could stay in bed all day
3. Facilities - they have 2 tennis courts which are shaded for most of the day
4. Total package - a great experience (check-in, check-out, staff are helpful etc.)
The less good:
1. Parking charges are frustrating and petty, can't they just up the room rate since everyone has to drive?
So, overall and for the price, the Newport Beach Fairmont is a great place to stay and I have already booked my return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Duke Hotel Newport Beach in Southern California radiates a dramatic feel from both an architectural and design standpoint. Each and every aspect is designed to surround you in total 'O.C.' Luxury. To complete the luxury hotel experience, The Duke Hotel Newport Beach is thrilled to also offer its full-service urban Spa, TheSpa Sante. With more than 8,000 square feet of space, the Spa features eight decadent spa treatment rooms offering the finest in spa services and using only the finest in products and techniques. Prepare to be pampered like never before! The Duke Hotel Newport Beach welcomes you to the charm and allure of Southern California with its sun-drenched beaches, world-class shopping, and exciting nightlife! The Duke Hotel Newport Beach offers 440 luxury guest rooms, including 54 exquisite suites, most feature over-sized soaking tubs. The Duke Hotel Newport Beach is also gaining favor as one of the most ideal locations for weddings. Of all the special moments of your life, there are very few that approach the importance of your wedding day. Having your wedding with us in beautiful Newport Beach means it will be filled with the class and elegance you've always dreamed of. All guests receive daily courtesy shuttle service to and from John Wayne Airport, Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, The District and Balboa Island. For rental car information, please contact on-site Hertz Rent-a-Car. The Duke Hotel Newport Beach offers wireless Internet access available in all of our meeting rooms, as well wireless high-speed Internet access in each guestroom. Year-round, guests can enjoy relaxing at the hotel's Palms Pool and Cabanas, reserve your private cabana today. The re-designed self-serviced Business Center accommodates the needs of its corporate guests. To best enjoy our Newport Beach, California hotel's amenities and the riches of Orange County, consider one of our many appealing packages available and maximize your visit to the OC. "Green" Parking: Overnight guests who drive hybrid vehicles can enjoy 50% off parking at The Duke Hotel Newport Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Duke Hotel Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Newport Beach Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Fairmont