Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach
Renaissance Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$156
  • Restaurant
Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Newport Beach Marriott Bayview(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$329
  • Restaurant
US$152
US$146
  • Breakfast included
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$182
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$164
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$372
US$361
US$215
US$191
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$390
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Newport Beach(Newport Beach)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$231
HotelsClick
1,092 results
All reviewsfour seasonsoak grillcorner suitefashion islandaqua loungepool areabose sound systemvalet parkingacross the streetwalking distancestar serviceroom serviceirvine companyvalet staffbeautiful hotelwould highly recommend this hotelwhole foods
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The Island Hotel is now a nightclub. But the nice thing is they will turn down the music at 1 AM. So very kind of them. Stay at the Marriott or Ritz Carlton.

When I called and asked about the music they said sorry and would not be turning it down. Would not move me to another room. I am now trying to sleep with earplugs. At a five diamond resort! What a joke. Either be a nightclub or a hotel. But protect your guests ability to sleep at night.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Allen E
DieterHissin, General Manager at Fashion Island Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

Oak Grill and Aqua Lounge are new and exciting additions to the Newport Beach scene however, it is never our intention to negatively impact our guest’s stay and for this experience we apologize. As we continually evolve at Island Hotel we strive to maintain our high quality standards and exceptional service levels. Please know efforts are being made to address this situation and that this is not a typical visit.

In regards to a room move, we are more than happy to accommodate our guests requests pending our room availability, which can change quickly throughout the day. I apologize for not being able to accommodate you this visit.

I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back. Once again, thank you for taking a moment to post your thoughts here.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the Island Hotel for well over 15 years, when it was a Four Seasons. We stay here 3-4 times a year and it is still our go to hotel in the area. However, as of late, the service has been lacking and the rooms are showing their age. The new renovations are nice, but they do contrast with the rest of the hotel, which still has that "Four Season's" kind of vibe and motif. It almost seems like they are trying to attract a certain client to the lounge area that would not normally stay at this hotel.

On our last stay over the 4th of July weekend, the pool was complete chaos with those in charge not knowing what to do or how to handle all the guests. While we were able to get everything resolved, it did take several conversations and well over an hour. This was a bit of a disappointment.

Some of the amenities that used to be included, like nightly turndown service, now you have to call for or they are no longer available.

Knowing what this hotel was in the past and what it is now, given the price, the hotel is only "average" or a little less. This is one of the few hotels that I have trouble getting a comfortable night sleep. I believe it is because the beds are so old.

I will continue to stay at this hotel because it is convenient and overall the service is pretty good. But overall, the Island is not as good as it used to be. If it was not for the golf package that allows you to play at Pelican Hills, we most likely would stay at a different property.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner suite. You get a nice balcony and a couple of different views from you room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ChiTown69

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I am disappointed to learn that your last visit did not meet your expectations. I apologize our service standards feel short during your poolside experience. I have followed up with the individual department to ensure these service and communication errors do not occur again.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in us. Kindly, please call me when your travel plans next bring you to Newport Beach so that I may personally assist with your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service and I would like the opportunity to speak with you more in depth, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel with possibly the best service I have ever encountered. I also had the single best massage of my life. But really? Pounding house music outside my window until after midnight? Even the 10,000 thread count pillow over my head and the softest cotton balls in the world in my ears couldn't begin to dim the noise. I had to catch a 6 am flight. My wakeup call was for 3. The nice woman at the front desk assured me it would stop at midnight. I think at some point I would have traded everything for a motel 6 without a club rocking the room

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank 871DahliaL

Thank you for posting your comments here.

Oak Grill and Aqua Lounge are new and exciting additions to the Newport Beach scene however, it is never our intention to negatively impact our guest’s stay and for this we apologize. Please know we are making adjustments to ensure this does not happen again.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Island Hotel again soon. Once again, thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

When I was there the hotel was undergoing major renovations: restaurants, gym, etc. So they gave a pass to the gym next door, and there are many restaurants at the near-by shopping center. So, overall, a decent stay.

I recommend checking out the shopping center for meals and shopping.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

A beautiful hotel with great service. The room was large with a huge bathroom. The new bar area was renovated but still roped off so it was a bit odd. Beautiful couches and sitting areas but they were all behind velvet ropes! Pool was closed one afternoon. Its funny ... the more luxurious the hotel the more that is not included! No free wifi. No in-room coffee maker. But still a gorgeous hotel. Valet service was very fast ... my car was always waiting for me when I went downstairs. The mall across the street is very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business