“What a View!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Los Osos, California
“What a View!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked one night here while my Mother in law was at the Hoag hospital. It was a splurge but was worth it. The front desk clerk were great, offered wine when we arrived. I had booked a room with pool view but once I saw the view with a ocean view room we asked to change. They did so and even didnt charge me for the upgrade. The room is beautiful and the bed was amazing, it had the softest sheets. The shower head had amazing water pressure, even with the drought we have going on. There is some construction going on so that is why I didnt give it the 5 rating, it started around 8 so was a little loud but knew this when we booked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear We4palls- First and foremost, I sincerely hope your Mother-in-law is doing well. Thank you very much for choosing our resort for your visit to Newport Beach. Your detailed review of your accommodation and overall stay wonderful to read! It is outstanding to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our remodel is nearing completion. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to show you our new refreshed and refined design! Thank you again for your time.

Balboa Bay Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at the Balboa Bay Club and there is an amazing upgrade remodel happening! New restaurant, coffee shop complete with homemade ice cream, gorgeous views, lush gardens, and same excellent customer service! Highest marks ⭐️

• Stayed June 2014
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Jenskiver,

Thank you for taking time to share comments about your recent stay the Balboa Bay Resort. We too are very excited about the renovation and our new look. I will be certain to pass on your comments and compliments about the excellent service to our team. I hope you will return to our resort soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely relaxing week at the hotel. Room is well equipped. Bath was enormous - perfect for soaking. The staff was lovely and very friendly. The concierge, Emily, was really knowledgeable and welcoming. Great food being served at waterline. Definitely try the breakfast waffles.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Helmine B
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Helmine B,

I appreciate you taking time to share thoughts on your recent stay at the Balboa Bay Resort. We are very pleased to hear the we exceeded your expectations, a goal that we strive for with every guest. Your compliments about the room accommodations, our friendly staff, the food in Waterline, and the special recognition of Emily are great to hear. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place is so great, I decided to move into one of their apartments. What service, what
beauty, what convenience,what a setting, what a superb staff!
The valets and bellman are just the tops. Million dollar service that makes you feel like a million
and treats your car like it's worth a million! You never have to leave with the advent of Amazon.com with Darren in charge of the purchasing department. Every package arrives right in your hands. This place is radiant everywhere you look...housekeeping doesn't miss a trick, room service makes you feel like an honored guest..the phone operators are so charming I just want to call to hear their warm voices, the restaurants go all out...nobody does it better, and engineering can fix it faster than a speeding bullet. Every time I drive in, I am greeted by security with a friendly smile which makes my day! There are so many exciting activities, fascinating people, and believe me, service that just won't quit, that I suggest you might even end up moving in like me to enjoy it permanently! But you owe to yourself to include this on your itinerary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Sally B- What a wonderful review! I greatly appreciate your feedback on the Balboa Bay Residences. Thank you for all of your thoughts. It is an absolute honor to have you as one of our residents and look forward to wonderful future ahead. Your review has been shared with the team!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My expectations for this resort was tainted before I even arrived for check-in because I had called to confirm my reservation and ask some questions about the room location. The man I spoke with sounded as if I had interrupted his day somehow. He was short and his tone was rude.
At check-in we were given a drink voucher to a bar (Duke's) that is no longer there. Would have enjoyed that complimentary drink voucher as a gin and tonic costs $12.00.
The front staff could not tell us enough times that water and internet were part of the $20.00 resort fee. I got it the first time.
The room was nice, the bed comfortable. The shower could use a better shower head.
Staff at check-out needs more training. I had an issue with my bill and my son had an issue with his. I did not have a car and was charged a parking fee. My son was charged a different rate than me for the same type room. The staff did adjust his room rate, which is what they should do; yet, they deducted the parking fee from his bill instead of mine.
I expected an amazing, well trained staff, making my stay awesome; and I received average, or below average, service from phone and site staff. When choosing a place like the Balboa Bay Resort; one expects the best; not average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank maxigirl2000
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear maxigirl2000- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip Advisor.  I am extremely grateful that you shared your concerns with us. There is really no excuse for the series of problems you encountered throughout your stay.  Here at Balboa Bay Resort, we pride ourselves on keeping close attention to detail and providing consistent, wonderful guest service. You review has been shared with the supervisor and management teams. Again, I appreciate your time and sincerely hope we have the honor to welcome you back for true Balboa Bay Resort service.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had an amazing time at the Balboa Bay resort and this property has become our favorite harbor / marina style property. Our balcony view was so relaxing, we did not want to leave. The staff and service were also were also very professional. There is some ongoing construction to the main lobby, vehicle entry and restaurant, so if this is something that will be perceived as a nuisance, you may wish to postpone your stay.

2 Thank GreatTraveltime
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear GreatTraveltime- I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It is with great honor that we have become your favorite harbor-style property. We pride ourselves on exceptional guest service, and your feedback is a gift to us. Our resort is indeed experiencing enhancements slated to conclude end of Spring. Thank you again for your time and I truly hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

lancaster, califirnia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Our family checked out the Waterline Bar. Loved it. Kim, the bartender, made us feel so welcome, plus, made a great Key Lime Pie Martini. Even though the bar was very busy we had great service. Kim helped in our wine selections and even gave us the history of the Balboa Bay Resort. It was a great family time and we are planning to come back soon..

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear houston222,

Thank you for sharing your recent family experience at Waterline restaurant and bar. It is a culinary adventure we a truly excited to have for our guests. Your special recognition of Kim and her exceptional service will be passed on to her and shared with our team. We look forward to your next visit to Waterline.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport Beach
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 17 in Newport Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
#1 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Balboa Bay Resort? Share your experiences!