All reviews waterline restaurant club members private beach duffy boat water view room service valet parking beautiful hotel hotel guests pool staff fitness center orange county southern california fashion island bbc yacht becca
Reviewed 9 November 2015

It all starts with a great view when you pull up to Valet Parking, its an amazing view of the entire Bay, and your first interaction with the Valet and Bell Desk employees is top shelf, cordial, engaging and very helpful... the entry into the property Lobby is pristene and bright and has a Front Desk Check In area with an amazing piece of Art behind it that reminds me of waves in the Ocean... from the beginning of my stay to the end I had what I would call a GREAT Experience, I had room service and got hot food the right order and when they said it would be there... during my stay I on more then one occasion droped buy the property coffee bar where two young guys behind the counter took time to inform me of coffee preperations that I was not aware of, pretty cool... For Dinner fresh and exciting choices in the Restaurant with... again, amazing service... I am not sure what this property is doing in regards to its Employee training, but whatever it is, Keep It Up... the Staff is full of All Stars... I live on the water and my condo complex was being fumigated, so I thought I would treat myself to a couple days, 86 degrees everyday leading up to my stay... and it rains for the two days I was there, it did not matter, the staff was helpful and entertaining and I could not have asked for a better location... honestly, I did not want to leave, but... I will be back, I had a chance to see what the New Rooms which are going in starting November 2015 will look like, the one I saw looks very cool, cant wait to visit again, great service, great job... thank you... Peter V.

Room tip: every room is great room... its a great property
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

This resort is beautiful, and the staff is amazing. Zach in the sandwich cafe went above and beyond! He was extremely nice, and helpful. Thanks for the great service! I definitely recommend this place!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela C
Reviewed 1 November 2015

This was our second visit to Balboa Bay Resort. We stayed two nights this visit and had a room on 3rd floor on waterfront. I definitely think it is worth springing for the room on the waterfront. Sitting on the balcony and admiring the beautiful yachts in front and the amazing sunsets is spectacular. The rooms are decorated beautifully and I hear they will be doing a furniture update soon. The new update to the main resort is beautiful. We ate in the new restaurant downstairs, it is the perfect place to just sit next to the water enjoy good music and cocktails.

Room tip: 2nd or 3rd floor room on waterfront have best views of bay and sunset.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Dear AnnieP7,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at Balboa Bay Resort. It was our pleasure to welcome you back and we are delighted to know how much you enjoy the spectacular views and the beauty of the accommodations here at Balboa Bay. Thank you for sharing your comments and for your excellent rating. We are excited about our current room renovations that will further enhance our guest’s experiences and look forward to welcoming you back to Balboa Bay Resort again soon!

Warmest Regards,
Sam El-Rabaa
Balboa Bay Resort

Reviewed 29 October 2015

the only place my boyfriend and I will stay in cali... its perfect in every way. the rooms are quiet and clean, the bay views were relaxing and there is shopping right down the street. as well as the pier...

2  Thank andie p
Reviewed 21 October 2015

Best thing about this hotel is the always available friendly valet service and large suite and great breakfast. Where the hotel lacks is service. We recently stayed at the hotel for four nights. Rooms are nice but really needed of a renovation. The lobby was recently renovated. For example we were out all day and returned to our room at 3:30 and the room was not clean. The next day we returned to our room at 2:00 and it was not clean.Coffee machine left on with no coffee in it. Breakfast was not delivered one morning. Last night housekeeping forgot to leave us a few bottles of water but left the coffee machine on again. Overall pretty place, nice location. If this hotel wants to compete with other luxury hotels, they need to do a better job of housekeeping. Restaurant outside is ok but the menu is very limited. food ok.

Room tip: Choose the suite.
1  Thank travelagent020
GuestRelations M, General Manager at Balboa Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

Dear travelagent020,

Thank you for staying at Balboa Bay Resort and for taking the time to share your comments. It was our pleasure to welcome you as our guest and we are delighted that you enjoyed your spacious accommodations, our delicious breakfast, and the exemplary service provided by our valet staff. We do apologize, however, that you experienced some challenges with the service provided by our housekeeping staff and have shared your comments with the appropriate managers at our resort. Additionally, we are happy to inform you that we are very excited to begin our room renovations in a few weeks, so we can offer our guests updated, fresh, and more modern guest rooms to enhance their stay. We do hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that exceeds all of your expectations.

Warmest Regards,