“Location location location”

Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Newport Beach
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Location across the street is the beach - you have a light and u don't let your kids cross by them selfs - busy highway - the hotel u know a little worn - the Italian place next door is very good but get it to go u get alot more - bring your bikes u can visit many places - great bike trails from there - I love this place - it's not low end and it's not high end - so go and get out of the room

• Stayed: March 2013
Arthur A, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

We are very glad when guest like yourself take the time to review their recent stay. This way we know what we are doing right and are doing wrong. With changes in management, it takes time to get everything right. On your next visit you will continue to see our efforts to make every guests stay a memorable one.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Surprised & disappointed...location is walkable to beach & close drive to everything however for price I feel we wasted our money. Trash under both beds, sheets smelled clean but gray & stained. Loud street noise kept us up all night. Only a couple "view" rooms the rest look out over scummy buildings and parking lots. Parking is terrible like most in Orange County, breakfast was really good. But wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank trulytracie
Arthur A, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

I just read the review and do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I will bring these comments to the attention of the appropriate comments so we could take the steps needed to ensure that incidents like this one doesn't happen again. We do hope you will give us another chance to earn your business back.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel is all about location. There is a beautiful beach within an easy walk. The facilities are just OK and actually a little tired looking. The complimentary breakfast is a nice offering, but otherwise not too much to rave about. Having never stayed here, I was fooled by the person on the phone. She offered us an expensive upgrade to a "Deluxe Ocean View" room. What a joke! We could see a sliver of the ocean across 4 lanes of traffic and 2 rows of multi story homes. I don't like to be "taken" like that and it left me with a bad feeling about this place. To top it off, very uncomfortable bedding and square sleeping pillows. Luckily, we spent most of the time away from the hotel, but they need to stop offering the Ocean View upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank D H
Arthur A, Manager at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

I just read your review and on behalf of our hotel team, I do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We do emphasize on our sites that we do have partial ocean view room in which you see water and the apartment buildings. I also want the explain that in comparison to the standard deluxe rooms there are differences in size and amenities. This should have been explained. Your feedback is very important because it will help us give our guests the best experience. Once again, we do appreciate your time and patronage and hope you will consider us in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I am so glad I tried this place just for one nite. The place is somewhat rundown and I did not get in the hotel until late so by the time I saw the linens, it was too late to call room service. The sheets were not changed and has the body marks from previous guests. I pulled the extra blanket provided and even it had stained and need washing.

I had to place towels on top of my pillow and sheets to sleep on. I felt so dirty ...

Here's the worst part, when I checked out, the long blond woman was busy with her personal stuff and finally made eye contact. I expressed to her my disappointment and she could care less. Nothing was said ... not even hello ... not even thank you! Will NEVER ever go back!

Room Tip: Stay away! If I can rate it with negative star, I would ... specially customer service ...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Dovee888
Arthur A, Manager at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

We do thank you for your candid remarks regarding your recent stay. On behalf of the hotel, we sincerely apologize for the experience you received. The service you experience is not the kind of product we want to put out there. I will share these notes with our departments to implement the steps to ensure that guests like you will never experience this again. If you want to discuss this further, go ahead and either call Angelica our General Manager or myself. We do hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

DO NOT stay at the Best Western Newport Beach Inn. They told us the day we checked out their 'computer were down'. Three months later we still have not received a copy of our bill after several calls and charges on our credit card. Now we are being told they are charging us for parking, which we were told we would not be charged for since we were on the motorcycle. We are also being double charged for our upgrade, which we are told they cant do anything about. DO NOT sign anything until you get a copy of your bill!!! Our credit card co says that because we signed they cant do anything about the charges. It was a nice place to stay, but with the dishonesty going on at this business, we will not be staying again!!! Its too bad really because the location is very nice, we stayed here many times and enjoyed it, but now are wondering what else we were overcharged for. The manager here is totally unreasonable and would not even get on the phone with us to discuss it, he had the girl at the front desk do his dirty work for him. What kind of manager does that??

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Cindy C
Arthur A, Manager at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

I just read your review and I am disappointed by it. I do apologize that you had issues with the service. It is our job to go over all billing details policy at both check in and check out. I hope you can touch base with me so we could go over the details and come up with a solution. The experience isn't in line with the service we are trying to provide. We will use the feedback to make improvements in our service to ensure incidents like this doesn't happen again.
Arthur A. Adolphson

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I usually stay in hotels that offer a few more amenities, but nothing will beat this proximity to the beach. It was literally right across the street, and from our window, we had a peak at the ocean. It was a clean room. Our room was a little cramped, and it reminded me a little of a New York room, but it was still manageable, and the bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was nice, and Brenda is so sweet! She not only makes amazing waffles, but she gives helpful tips on the area. There is a small pool if you'd prefer that to the Pacific Ocean. There is also a small fitness room. There were a few restaurants within walking distance, as well as some convenient stores.

The only complaint I have is that the manager of the hotel who checked us in made it clear to me that we were in a cramped room, because we booked on a bargain website. I booked this room and paid for it a few weekds before our trip. I would not have booked it here, had I known I would be treated like a not-so-important guest. I have used several bargain websites and booked directly through hotels, and no one has ever treated us in this manner. I was close to staying somewhere else, but the location was too good to refuse. In the future, I would hope the manager would treat all guests the same, as some might have wanted to return, not matter the price, in the future.

Room Tip: I guess the only tip I could give is to try to book directly through the hotel to avoid management p...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KT702

Good Morning,
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay for the most part but do apologize for the encounter at check in. Our hotel does our best to provide professional and courteous service to everyone who comes here. We do value your business and hope to see you again. Have a great day.
Arthur A. Adolphson

Reviewed 13 January 2013

-great efficient check-in
-a treat box was in the room to welcome us
-very spacious, clean, comfortable room
-excellent full American breakfast included in the rate
-free WI-FI and three computers available in lobby for use
-highly recommend
-will stay here again
-great value

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Rod H, General Manager at Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you so much for spending some time making some remarks about our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to Newport Beach!