Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Newport Channel Inn(Newport Beach)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Little inn By The Bay(Newport Beach)
View Hotel
Newport Beach Hotel(Newport Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Balboa Bay Resort(Newport Beach)
  • Pool
Harbor Bay Motel(Costa Mesa)
  • Free Internet
Sandpiper Motel(Costa Mesa)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetbig belly delieat chowroom was cleanspaghettibusy highwayfree breakfastrent bikesbeach accessrestaurants within walking distanceheated poolthe pacific coast highwaywould stay here againlocation is greatbeach towelsorange countyboogie boards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

For a modestly-priced motel near the beach, this place is ok but not stellar. The staff is truly excellent, and do their very best to make your stay nice, but the motel itself looks a bit run-down. The concierge said that renovations are planned, so here's hoping there are some upgrades soon! Location is terrific.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ingrid P
SavannahRem, Manager at Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Ingrid,

It was so lovely to meet you during your stay and I wanted to personally thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your honesty and are thrilled to hear that our customer service was outstanding for you. The hotel will be undergoing some amazing renovations this year and we hope that you will come back to see them!! Our location is fantastic and our rates are great for the Newport Beach area. We hope to continue to WOW you with our customer care and satisfaction. Let us know if we can be of assistance in planning your next trip to Newport Beach! Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I work for Best Western and I have expectations when I stay at a Plus. I knew I was on PCH, as I own the noise from the highway. Great Beds. Kids loved the pool. two blocks from the ocean. I expected microwave in the room and there wasn't one and no attempt to bring one whether. We were told we could use the one on the first floor breakfast area, we were on 4th floor. No offer to change rooms. My cc was run before I arrived versus at arrival. Each location may have different process for reservation. Be sure you know each hotels process. I paid cash at checkin and left the card on file for incidentals. Not centrally located, to Newport Beach proper. Great Italian restaurant next door.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki M

Hi Vicki,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! It is always nice to hear from another Best Western employee. We appreciate the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience of only having a microwave available in our breakfast room. Every hotel is individually owned and managed, as a Best Western Plus it is not a standard that we offer microwaves, although I'm sure it is a wonderful amenity. We do not advertise microwaves at our hotel but we do offer small refrigerators in each room! We hope that you were able to utilize our fantastic location of being directly across the street from the beach! Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great location, very close to the beach! Excellent service too, everyone were aware of our needs and whiling to help any time.

This is a great place to know Newport Beach and the others beaches around. I had a great time, also my mom and sister whom flew from Colombia. The room was nice, comfy beds and a lot pillows. The breakfast was really good, warm and fresh waffles, fresh fruit and a variety of beverages. The staff is very friendly always with a kind smile, whiling to introduce the area and give great advices about places near the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hi Vanesa,

Thank you SO much for your wonderful review! We are happy you enjoyed your time here in Newport Beach and appreciate you staying with us at the Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn. We hope that you will come back and visit us again!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good hotel. I booked 4th floor to see the water and when I arrived, the 4th floor was overbooked! Ruined by review. Breakfast was good and FREE. the location was right on the beach but you need a bike to ride down to the town center. Restaurant right next door that was great called "The Chow" best food in newport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Angelica R, General Manager at Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Holly T,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your experience at our Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn. While we are unable to guarantee a specific room number or floor due to first come first serve requests, we gave you our best available ocean view room with a fireplace based on the room type confirmed. That room was uniquely selected for you and it had our BEST ocean view! I am sorry that we were not able to meet your floor expectations.

We do hope you give us another opportunity to host you in Newport Beach.

If I can be of any assistance, please call me at 949.642.8252.

Regards,
Angelica R.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was great to be close to this beautiful beach; just across the street. We went to Disney a couple of the days we were there and it was only 20 or so minutes there by cab. It was nice to have the pool too so the kids could have a quick dip after a long day. The staff were all so friendly and so helpful. I always appreciate a hotel that has a breakfast, its a great way to start the day. The room was clean and tended to every day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SavannahRem, Manager at Hotel Solarena, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Hamels,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are pleased to hear your stay with us was fantastic! Our heated pool has always been a hit after a long day! Next time you stay with us be sure to take advantage of our complimentary beach toys, towels and chairs! I'm thrilled to know that you enjoyed our helpful staff and complimentary hot breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

(949)642-8252